• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bring Your Scraper Back to White: Tips for Removing Stains

In summary, the PC ladle was stained by curry and nothing seemed to help. The customer tried a soaking in a mild solution of chlorine bleach and water and it worked. The customer also tried using a past out of dish soap crystals and water and it worked.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I thought these were stain resistant? I know that doesn't mean it's stain proof. My Aunt used hers with a recipe that has tarragon in it (some yellow spice) and now her scraper is yellow. Any tips to make it pretty white again? TIA

Soft scrub works. Also bleach works. They say they are stain resistant but I have had ALL mine stain :(

Sounds like it is turmeric that stained it yellow.
Try a soaking in a mild solution of chlorine bleach and water.
Worked for mineCurry stained my 'fancy' PC ladle, it still looks greenish instead of dark brown :( Nothing seemed to help ;(

I haven't had any of mine stain, but when my mom's did we used Cascade Plastic Booster on it and it worked great!

They are "stain resistant", not stain proof. :)

I know that they are not stain proof. I said that in my original post. Okay I did find something on CC that says to make a past out of dish soap crystals and water and to let it sit and then rinse. Thanks.

Don't use the Orange Cascade ! It will make it yellow, and won't come out.
I had this happen, called home office, and they asked me if I was using the Orange Dish Detergent...YEP!

I have had mine stain...from tomato based products...and I just toss them into a sink with bleach water. I have also had my chopper bottom stain. It always gets the stains right out.

I might have to use all of your suggestions to get my white spoon that I used to make bread and butter pickles white again. The recipe calls for turmeric and I didn't know it stained yellow. Oops!

Turmeric is what's in yellow mustard to make it yellow. It's also the yellow in most Indian currys.This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

Stain RESISTANT is different than Stain PROOF. :) If you aren't happy - then call HO. ;) They are GREAT!

KimoMakano said:
They are "stain resistant", not stain proof. :)

Sorry, wasn't meant to come off sounding "smarty"!

I always mention this to my customers because they sometimes misunderstand that whole resistant vs proof thing.

Another good example is Stainless. I always tell them that the knives and pans might be Stainless, but that does not mean they are rustless.

Me neither - i just meant that I had phoned HO and told them about it and questioned it (mine had a stain on it). I was explained that there IS a difference in the two and the Scrapers are the most durable that they can be - but occassional stains may occurs - especially with certain foods.

Sorry.

1. How do I remove stubborn food stains from my scraper?

To remove stubborn food stains from your scraper, mix equal parts baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained areas and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse off the paste and repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove stains from my scraper?

No, bleach can damage the material of your scraper and should not be used for stain removal. Stick to gentle and natural cleaning methods.

3. My scraper has rust spots, how can I get rid of them?

To remove rust spots from your scraper, sprinkle some salt on the affected area and rub it in with half a lemon. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse off the salt and lemon and repeat if necessary.

4. How often should I clean my scraper?

It is recommended to clean your scraper after each use to prevent buildup and stains. However, if you use your scraper frequently, a thorough cleaning once a week should suffice.

5. Can I put my scraper in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your scraper in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the material and cause it to warp. Hand washing with gentle soap and warm water is the best method for cleaning your scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Jenn'sKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies