• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Stains from Stoneware: Tips for Cleaning a Blueberry Dump Cake Mess!

In summary, it is safe to use regular dish soap to clean stoneware after a blueberry dump cake mess, but it is best to use a mild dish soap and avoid harsh chemicals. To prevent blueberry stains, properly seasoning the stoneware and lightly coating it with cooking spray can help create a non-stick surface. Bleach should not be used to remove stains as it can damage the stoneware. For stubborn stains, soaking in a mixture of warm water and baking soda or using a baking soda paste can help. While stoneware is dishwasher safe, it is not recommended to use the dishwasher after a blueberry dump cake mess as the high heat and detergents can damage the non-stick coating. Hand washing
iteachurkid
Silver Member
I just had a customer call me who made a blueberry dump cake in the DCB. It stained her baker pretty bad. I suggested she try a baking soda paste, but does anyone have any other stoneware stain removing tips??? TIA!

Is she confusing "staining" with seasoning? The inside will get dark, like all stones.

dont worry.... i stained my bar pan pretty badly... it went away after a while lol ... (burned potato chips :( )

leftymac said:
Is she confusing "staining" with seasoning? The inside will get dark, like all stones.

No, it's a bright purple/blue color from the blueberries :)

Mine had a red sheen to it each time I made that Autumn Cherry Apple Crisp in the fall. Baking soda paste took care of it. :)

I've had blueberry stains in a couple of my stones too. I couldn't ever get rid of them, but over time, the natural seasoning of the stone turned it brown, and now they just look like well seasoned stones.:chef:

Rub it with half a lemon plus liberal salt - it acts like bleach with grit. Won't harm surface or deter warranty.

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your customer's stained stoneware. As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I have a few tips that may help with removing stains from stoneware. First, I would recommend trying a mixture of equal parts baking soda and white vinegar. This powerful combination is great for removing tough stains and odors from stoneware. Simply make a paste with the two ingredients and scrub it onto the stained area. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a damp cloth.Another option is to use a stoneware cleaner specifically designed for Pampered Chef stoneware. These cleaners are formulated to remove stains without damaging the stoneware. You can find them on our website or through your consultant.If the stain persists, I would suggest soaking the stoneware in a mixture of hot water and dish soap for a few hours before scrubbing it with a non-abrasive sponge. This method may take a little more time and effort, but it can be effective in removing stubborn stains.I hope one of these tips helps your customer with her blueberry dump cake mess. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use regular dish soap to clean the stoneware after a blueberry dump cake mess?

Yes, you can use regular dish soap to clean the stoneware after a blueberry dump cake mess. However, it is recommended to use a mild dish soap and avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the stoneware's non-stick coating.

2. How can I prevent blueberry stains from sticking to my stoneware?

To prevent blueberry stains from sticking to your stoneware, it is important to properly season the stoneware before using it. This creates a natural non-stick surface that makes it easier to clean. You can also lightly coat the stoneware with cooking spray before using it to further prevent stains.

3. Can I use bleach to remove blueberry stains from stoneware?

No, you should not use bleach to remove blueberry stains from stoneware. Bleach is a harsh chemical that can damage the stoneware's non-stick coating. It is recommended to use natural cleaning methods, such as baking soda or vinegar, to remove stains.

4. How do I remove stubborn blueberry stains from my stoneware?

If the blueberry stains are stubborn and difficult to remove, you can try soaking the stoneware in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for a few hours before scrubbing it with a soft sponge. You can also try using a paste of baking soda and water to scrub the stains.

5. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher to clean it after a blueberry dump cake mess?

While stoneware is dishwasher safe, it is not recommended to put it in the dishwasher after a blueberry dump cake mess. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stoneware's non-stick coating. It is best to hand wash stoneware with warm water and mild dish soap for optimal cleaning and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• casescafe
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies