• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

St. Patty's Day Hat: How to Turn a Batter Bowl Cake into a Festive Treat!

In summary, the person said that they could make a batter bowl cake into a hat for St.Patty's day, but it would involve making a sheet cake and a cake in the batter bowl.
PamperedChef05
Does anyone know if you can make a batter bowl cake into a Hat, for St. Patty's day?? I know I could make it look very fun, but was wondering if someone had already tried it? maybe for presidents day or something? Please let me know...

The only way I can think of is to make a sheet cake and a cake in the batter bowl. the batter bowl cake would be the top of the cake. Cut the sheet cake to make a brim around the hat - use frosting to put the 2 together. Hope this helps

You can make a St. Paty's Day hat by using the deep dish baker as the base and the batter bowl as the rounded hat.

Attached is a picture of an Easter hat done the same way.

Attachments

• Green Bonnet.jpg
    Green Bonnet.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 926
That was Great! thanks Gals!!

WowPamperedGinger, That is awesome. How long have you been doing this??!! Your setup looks so professional and the hat is adorable. Just wanted to let you know I was very impressed! :p

I've been a Pampered Chef junkie forever! I started having parties right out of college so I could fill my kitchen. (I've been out of college for a long time now!)

I've been a consultant now since July 2003. I LOVE it! I have 4 active consultants and plan to promote to director by June 30.

I also work full time as a 2nd grade teacher. I'm trying to go part time next year so I can focus more on my family and my business. I will teach a 1/2 day kindergarten instead of 2nd grade.

Thanks! The cake was actually made by a friend of mine for a meeting with Jo Price this week. It sound like something you could modify and make it work.

PamperedGinger - that hat cake is just too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :)

1. How do I turn a batter bowl cake into a festive St. Patty's Day hat?

To turn a batter bowl cake into a festive St. Patty's Day hat, you will need a batter bowl, cake mix, green food coloring, frosting, and various decorations such as sprinkles or fondant. After baking your cake in the batter bowl, remove it from the bowl and trim off the rounded top to create a flat surface. Use green food coloring to dye your frosting and spread it over the cake. Then, use decorations to create the appearance of a hat, such as a green strip of fondant for the brim and a gold buckle made from icing.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, we recommend using a white or vanilla cake mix so that the green food coloring will show up more prominently. You can also use a chocolate cake mix and add green food coloring to the frosting for a fun twist.

3. How far in advance can I make this St. Patty's Day hat cake?

You can make this St. Patty's Day hat cake up to 2 days in advance. After baking and decorating the cake, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take it out and let it come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

4. Can I use a different type of bowl instead of a batter bowl?

Yes, you can use a different type of bowl instead of a batter bowl. However, a batter bowl is recommended because of its unique shape and size, which will give your cake the perfect hat shape. If you use a different bowl, make sure it is oven-safe and similar in size to a batter bowl.

5. Can I make this cake without using food coloring?

Yes, you can make this cake without using food coloring. Instead of using green food coloring, you can use natural ingredients such as matcha powder or spinach puree to create a green tint in the cake or frosting. You can also decorate the cake with green fruits or vegetables to give it a festive touch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • ChefBeth2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikkies
  • jigsmom