• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with These Fun Recipes and Beverages!

In summary, Karen is preparing her St. Patrick's Day show with a cake in the Flute pan and icing with green food coloring. She is also making Shepherd's Pie using leftovers and a Reuben Ring. Other recipes include Shamrock Cookies using the cookie press and a Rueben Ring.
SillyChef
What are some FUN recipes that I can make at my moms show on St. Patrick's Day. Any Recipes for beverages as well? Thanks in advance!

My frist show is on St. Patrick's Day. I'm making a cake in the Flute pan and putting hot icing over the top. I'm mixing green food coloring in the icing . I'm hoping it turns out alright. My hostess said she's going to come up with some green drink to make in my quick-stir pitcher, but I'm not sure what she will come up with.

Donna

You could make the Profiterole Puffs and tint the filling green.

Here is a beverage that sounds yummy! You should be able to make it in the quick stir pitcher. Let the sherbert defrost a bit.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup milk
1 cup lime sherbet
4 tablespoons limeade concentrate
DIRECTIONS
Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.

Shepherd's Pie!! Yummy! You could demo how to use leftover roast beef to make a whole new meal. I make extra gravy when I make my roast so I can use it for shepherd's pie. When I make my roast I brown it then put it in a crock pot, add enough water to barely cover, 1pkg Lipton onion or beefy onion soup mix and a can of cream of mushroom soup. When the roast is done use broth to make gravy. With leftovers I dice roast, stir in gravy add carrots and peas (frozen already mixed). Put in Deep dish baker. Cover with cold mashed potatoes (you could use EAD to make it look pretty). That's all I usually do, but you could sprinkle with cheese just before taking out of oven. Cook at 350 for about 30-35 minutes. Just until bubbly and slighty browned.

Last edited:
Gee, Silly Chef, I guess you didn't like my idea. I am starting to think I have the plague or something. Nobody ever talks to me or responds to my ideas.
I put posts on here all the time and it's like nobody even acknowledges me. Guess it must be bad timing. I swear I use deodorant every day! :)

Karen, for some of us, our subscription emails are not working, so she may not even know you responded.

Don't take it personally!

Karen,I think your shepherd's pie idea is a great one! And who doesn't love a way to use leftovers. :)

Or how about the Reuben Ring from All The Best. If you use cabbage instead of sauerkraut, it's corned beef and cabbage.

I know guys! LOL I was just kidding. I was feeling lonely. Glad you took the time to respond. There are lots of good ideas out there for St Patrick's Day.
Thanks again!

Karen Hodge said:
Gee, Silly Chef, I guess you didn't like my idea. I am starting to think I have the plague or something. Nobody ever talks to me or responds to my ideas.
I put posts on here all the time and it's like nobody even acknowledges me. Guess it must be bad timing. I swear I use deodorant every day! :)

Aww! I am sorry Karen!!!! There are like 7 pages of threads I haven't read. So I apologize! The Shepard's Pie is a great one thank you very much! However I am trying to find something that is a really short demo since the ladies that I am having the St. Patty's Day show for have really short attention spans... (I should know the host is my mom!!) :D Thanks again for everyones great ideas!

Shamrock cookies using the cookie press.

And remember: buy colored sugar when it's on sale after Christmas. Use the red for Valentine's Day and the green for St. Patrick's Day!

I made the Rueben ring and it was a hit last year!!! LOVED IT!

Here are a few more recipes!Here are 4 recipes that I found in my files!!!
One of them is the Rueben Ring alread mentioned but the rest are new to this thread!!!

Enjoy! I think I'm doing the Rueben Ring for my show on Saturday and I think I'm doing a trifle with green food coloring! I'll let you all know how it turns out!!!

Cheers” to some YUMMY recipes!!

Corned Beef and Cabbage (5 star recipe from the Food Network!)
One 3-pound corned beef brisket (uncooked), in brine
16 cups cold water
2 bay leaves
2 teaspoons black peppercorns
4 whole allspice berries
2 whole cloves
1/2 large head green cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into 8 thick wedges
8 small new potatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), halved
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Place the corned beef in a colander in the sink and rinse well under cold running water.

Place the corned beef in a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid; add the water, bay leaves, peppercorns, allspice, and cloves. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and skim off any scum that rises to the surface. Cover and transfer pan to the oven, and braise until very tender, about 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Transfer the corned beef to a cutting board and cover tightly with foil to keep warm. Add the cabbage and potatoes to the cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.

Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cabbage to a large platter. Slice the corned beef across the grain of the meat into thin slices. Lay the slices over the cabbage and surround it with the potatoes. Ladle some of the hot cooking liquid over the corned beef and season with pepper. Serve immediately with the mustard or horseradish sauce.

Rockin' Rueben Ring

¾ pound Corned Beef

1/3 cup Extra Mild Sweet and Sauerkraut

¼ cup Chopped Onion

1/3 cup fresh parsley

1 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded

3 Tablespoons Bacon Flavored Thousand Island Dressing

2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 egg white, whipped

· Preheat oven to 350°F.

· Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center, arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond edge of Baking Stone. Match wide end of each remaining triangle to wide end of each outer triangle; seal seams using Baker's Roller. (Note: Do not seal points overlapping in middle)

· Chop Corned Beef and onion with Food Chopper and place in Classic Batter Bowl.

· Snip Parsley with Kitchen Shears and add to Batter Bowl

· Grate Swiss Cheese with Deluxe Cheese Grater into Grate Container.

· Add Cheese, Sauerkraut, Dressing and Pepper to Batter Bowl and mix

· Using Large Stainless Steel Scoop, evenly spoon mixture onto arranged crescent rolls.

· Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer strips, slightly overlapping to form ring. Tuck last end under the first.

· Lightly brush egg white over dough using Pastry Brush.

· Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown

· Cut and Serve using Slice and Serve

Shamrock Dip
1 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese

1/4 cup mayonnaise

2 T Dijon Mustard

2 1/2 oz corned beef, chopped

2 T chopped red onion

2 teaspoons freshly snipped parsley

1/4t salt

Soften cream cheese

Chop Beef and onion

Snip Parsley

Mix and serve with bread or crackers

Shamrock Dessert Pizza

Bake a sugar cookie dough crust (Pillsbury works well) shaped like a shamrock on the Large Round Stone. Cool well.

Combine 8 oz. softened cream cheese and 1/3-cup sugar and spread over cooled cookie.

Whisk together 1 box instant pudding (use pistachio or white chocolate with added green food coloring) and 1 pint half-and-half.

Let sit 5 minutes to thicken then spread on top of cream cheese mixture.

Top with shaved white chocolate and green sprinkles.\

Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

Even More St. Patrick Day Recipe Ideas!--Do the Potato Crusted Veggie Pizza with all green vegetables, a little food coloring, and/or some oregano.
-- Prepare Luscious "Lime" Angel Roll: a variation of the Luscious Lemon Angel Roll with Kiwi fruit and lime zest or curls.
--Make the hot broccoli dip or the spinach artichoke dip

-- Luck of the Irish Brownies: Bake a sheet of moist brownies in the Stoneware Bar Pan and top with grated Andes mints!

--Prepare a green fruit tray using Kiwi Fruit (Egg Slicer Plus), Granny Smith apples (APCS,) pears (Wedger), highlighting the fantastic Chillzanne Sectional Server. Serve a prepared fruit dip, adding your own lime zest and serve in the Center Mini Bowl.

--Prepare a green salad, i.e., Asian Citrus Salad. You can substitute kiwi for the mandarin oranges! Make any one of the dressing recipes in the Measure, Mix & Pour.

Last St. Patrick Day Recipe variation!!Chocolate Chip Sensation Variation

Sugar cookie on the large round stone shaped like a shamrock

8 oz cream cheese

1/3 c sugar

Use 1 small package of instant pistachio pudding (which is green) or white chocolate pudding w/ green food coloring with 1 pt of half and half. Whisk well. Let sit five minutes and spread over sugar cookie.

Top with green sprinkles.

I made the Limbe Berry Mousse Trifle the other day...it would make a GREAT St Patty's REcipe - the green sherbet, the green limes...it's awesome!

dannyzmom said:
I made the Limbe Berry Mousse Trifle the other day...it would make a GREAT St Patty's REcipe - the green sherbet, the green limes...it's awesome!
You know that is the one I've been thinking about!!! I think I just might have to do that! Thanks Carolyn!:)

Is there anything like Mint Extract??! We can add to stuff?

SillyChef said:
Is there anything like Mint Extract??! We can add to stuff?
Mint extract can be found in the aisle w/ the other extracts!:D But be careful how much you use - it is VERY strong! (don't use as much as you would use of vanilla)

This isn't a recipe you would use at a show but it is something fun to mention... This morning I cut little shamrock shapes out of my kids sandwiches from the creative cutters set. When they went to lunch at school they had a festive little surprise in their lunch boxes! mini shamrock pb&j :D Great idea for the mommie guests!

What are some traditional Irish dishes to make for St. Patrick's Day?

Some traditional Irish dishes to make for St. Patrick's Day include corned beef and cabbage, Irish stew, colcannon, and soda bread.

What are some easy appetizers to serve at a St. Patrick's Day party?

Some easy appetizers to serve at a St. Patrick's Day party are Irish cheese and crackers, shamrock-shaped cucumber sandwiches, and mini shepherd's pies.

Can I make green desserts without using food coloring?

Yes, you can make green desserts without using food coloring. You can use natural ingredients like matcha powder, spinach, or avocado to add a green color to your desserts.

What are some fun and festive drinks to serve on St. Patrick's Day?

Some fun and festive drinks to serve on St. Patrick's Day are green beer, Irish coffee, and shamrock shakes.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for St. Patrick's Day meals?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for St. Patrick's Day meals. Some options include vegetarian shepherd's pie, Irish potato soup, and vegan colcannon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMandy2010
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedMandy2010
  • frozenchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies