• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is having a themed Open House the key to success?

In summary, the conversation covers the topic of themed open houses and their effectiveness in expanding a customer base. The speaker shares their experience with "Sneak Peek" open houses for past hosts and suggests inviting a larger number of people and following up for RSVPs. Another person suggests doing a "kitchen show" and going door to door to invite neighbors. The importance of educating customers about open houses is also emphasized, with examples of successful themed open houses. The overall message is that successful businesses require effort and consistency in nurturing and promoting events.
Blondierose
Has anyone tried having a holiday themed Open House? I want to try a St. Patricks Day Open House but I'm afraid that people will be having their own get togethers and nobody will come. I'm having a really tough time expanding my customer base and the last 2 Open Houses that I've tried in different locations have been flops.

Do you find that themed Open Houses work better or worse? Any help is appreciated. Also, what kind of advertising do you use when friends and family aren't available?

Past Host Sneak Peek Open HouseI can't offer any insight in regards to the themed Open Houses.

But, I have had a couple "Sneak Peek" Open Houses. My best success comes when I invite Past Hosts. I also find the most success when I invite about 40-50 people (just like we ask our hosts to do for shows). That way I can actually make phone calls and follow-up to get RSVPs (again, just like we ask our hosts to do). I do open houses at the beginning of or just prior to the beginning of each new season. I find that my past hosts are already excited about our products and are always looking to see what else PC will come out with! At my last "Sneak Peek" Open House for past hosts only, I got 4 re-bookings!

I don't do a demo because they have seen it all before. I just have a sample of the new products out and I just walk them through the catalog pointing out our new stuff. I also serve something delicious that I wouldn't normally have at a show just so they can try something different. It is a fun time to reconnect with some of the friends I have made through the business!

Hope that helps!

themed vs openI replied to this earlier on another theme .. commit people to a time, place and event. If they know when they are coming and leaving they are better committed. People have good intentions and then life gets in their way. They may not all show up on time but if YOU do, you will be respected at a later date, otherwise they will all show up late next time. Most important what you reflect, you get. This is your business
Lorna

Thank you for your help. I've decided to actually go door to door next weekend and talk to my neighbors. Tell them who I am and what I'm doing. I'll also try to get them to agree (casually) to come to my party. I think I'm going to do it as a "kitchen show" instead of the Open House. Specific time, date and place.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Danelle

leasetraining said:
Past Host Sneak Peek Open House
You're the perfect illustration of the point I was going to make...your customers need to be educated about open houses. If you just hold an open house on a whim, you will have guests but likely won't have overwhelming success.

If your customer base is educated that you have an open house at certain times, like holidays or leasetraining's sneek peek open house, you will have greater success.

My best host holds a show every year in the Jan-Feb time frame - her friends have some to expect it and it is always well attended and successful. Another consultant friend has a holiday open house - her clients actually mark their calendars to attend it.

There are no magic beans. Successful businesses do not appear overnight and take gentle nurturing, weeding, and gentle care to grow big and strong.

1. What is a St. Patrick's Day Open House?

A St. Patrick's Day Open House is a fun and festive event where guests can come and learn about new and exciting Pampered Chef products while enjoying some traditional Irish food and drinks.

2. When is the St. Patrick's Day Open House?

The date of the St. Patrick's Day Open House may vary, but it typically takes place in the weeks leading up to St. Patrick's Day, which falls on March 17th.

3. Can I bring a friend to the St. Patrick's Day Open House?

Absolutely! We encourage guests to bring a friend or family member to share in the fun and introduce them to the Pampered Chef experience.

4. Is there a cost to attend the St. Patrick's Day Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend the St. Patrick's Day Open House. It is a free event for our valued customers and their guests.

5. Will there be any special deals or discounts at the St. Patrick's Day Open House?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available for guests at the St. Patrick's Day Open House. Don't miss out on these great deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheFreddiesCook
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefHeidiD
Replies