• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting My Frustrations: A Supportive Ear for You

In summary, Heather was down due to a health issue, and had 6 shows booked for January. Her first show only brought in $500 in sales, lowering her goal for the month. She is now trying to get her health back and finds January difficult because of the slow month. She recommends contacting friends and past show guests for orders, and offers them extra products if they help her.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm just feeling a little down and had to vent my frustrations with anyone out there to lend a supportive ear...

Things were looking so good for my last ss3 month until today! I submitted my two shows to qualify for the new stoneware piece last night. And I get a call from Home office stating that a credit card did not go through. so it turns out the sister of the host only has 1 card and it was declined until further notice. She said to try it again wed. or cancel it all together! So now I have to wait until next week to process it! There goes my new stoneware piece! :(

Then I thought I was getting better last night (sick all week with the flu) , all to wake up today with another fever and a cough, sneezing, congestion, it appearantly went into my chest! So I called my cousin to see what I should do about my bunko show tonight she recommend I reschedule so people wouldn't freak out as I was up there sounding all nasty and having made 3 dishes for them all sick and what not!

Finally a host totally flaked on me for a show next week. I called, emailed and no response!

So there goes Jan sales! Maybe the catalog show I am closing out next week will make it to $450? But I'm not holding my breath! No bonus for my last ss3 month! :eek:(

sorry just had to vent :mad:

Heather,

Keep your chin up. I too am in SS#3 and won't be earning my bonus. :( I am trying very hard to remain positive. In my case a health issue has me down and out this month. I had 6 January shows and was only able to do 1. I am just looking towards getting my health back and booking shows for the future. Just think, next month is kit enhancement month for us. :D

Hi Girls,

Don't feel bad. I am also in my SSM 3. I too had 6 shows booked and went down to 2. The first one for the month only brought in $500 in sales. I am going to need tomorrows show to bring in atleast $750. to qualify for bonus. :( . I am looking forward to new catalog to come out. Maybe more bookings will come. January is a hard month for everyone. Nobody has money after Christmas...

I know it is hard to keep your chin up, because I feel the same way. I know that January is hard, and that statistics show that there are more cancellations in January than at any other time of year, but it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that I probably won't be getting my SS3 bonus either. :( We have to try and keep positive and know that it can only get better. Right? Right? I sure do hope so. I too can't wait until we get the new catalogs.

Please don't get discouraged! I did not earn my SSM3 and I will be with PC for a year in March. SO - you can stick with it and we are here to help! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Thansk Ladies. I will stick with it. I just love the products and love doing the "cooking shows". I think it is so much fun. I was actually thinking of doing a open house to promote the new catalog in March. Invite my neighbors and past show guests. :)

Heather,
Despite the fact that the credit card is on hold, you still submitted the shows by the 20th, and should receive your stone. Contact the person that was doing the Bunko show. Did she collect orders anyway? Perhaps enough to turn it in as a $150 catalog show, then have her kitchen show at a later date.
January is always a slow month. My suggestion is to contact a couple of friends or pasts guests and ask if they wouldn't mind passing around a catalog & collecting some orders. Be honest that you are just starting out and trying to earn a Super Starter bonus (don't have to give details), that you are now sick and have had to postpone a couple of shows, which have put you short on your goals. Offer them an extra $10 or something in free products if they help you out. That $30 bucks that you'll pay is made up in Super Starter products...and you'll still receive commission too, so it's not even a whole $30.
I hope you get to feeling better!

Turn Bunko Show into a catalogue show?I wonder if you could call the host of the Bunko show and explain that you are still down with the flu and offer her the option of having her bunko party anyway and just collecting orders. You could still classify it as a kitchen show for her so she'll get the extra $15 bucks... but you just wouldn't be there. She might rather do that than cancel altogether. Then you could just drop by some more catalogues and order forms. (Or have someone do that for you!)

Good luck!

Rachel

thanks for listening!you all are so kind and supportive! I know this shouldn't get me down, after all I had an awesome SS1 and SS2! Made all 4 bonuses and got a bunch of free extra product! I was just really looking forward to getting the last ss3 bonus pack (really wanted the ss bowls and chilzanne dish) but I guess I can always buy them in kit enhancement which is next month and April for me!

I have already asked all of my family and friends to help start me off and they were very supportive ~13 shows from them! And I already ran a Jan New Year sale which did well at the beginning of this month. I've asked my out of town freinds- family to do an online show but no takers. So I am out of my circle of friends and family as an option to turn to this month.

I will try to make good use of my time the rest of the month to do CC calls and follow up on those maybe responses I got back in Nov. I only have 2 shows so far booked for Feb and 2 in March and 1 in April. And 2 sometime this year but dont' know when responses. So I really need to start solicting myself to gain more business!

As soon as I am out of my funk- and feeling 100% again I will start fresh, as if I just had started by biz. And really I am since I need to break out of my freinds and family chain!

good luck to all of you in your SS3!
thanks again you all rock! :D

Heather,
Don't let this get you down. My first super starter month, I was involved in a car wreck and wasn't able to do any shows so I moved my first month to October of last year (2004). I got my SS1 bonus and was rolling. I was so excited because I knew this business was for me and it was going to be great. Well Nov 1 I was hospitalized and had to have emergency surgery and didn't get out of the hospital for 3 weeks so November was gone. Well since I had massive infections, I was unable to do any shows in December because of recovery so December was gone. I thought no biggie, I will just start fresh in January. Well the problem is that I knew I was going to have to have another big operation in April that was going to put me down for 2 months but I knew I could get going after that. Well after only meeting my minimum and having to take 2 LOA months, I was finally on the other side and could start again. No not really, I found out that once again I would have to have surgery in November so I only had from July till November. I once again just met my minimum. Well, now I am done and I have 2 shows this week that look to be large and a lead on a possibly huge fundraiser. The moral of the story is to never give up and look at all lost time as opprotunities to meet more customers. I now take a new catalog every season to the surgeon's office and the girls usually order 2 to 3 times a year ;) . Anyway keep your head up and this too shall pass. Hope you get better soon and sorry for such a long post.

Talk to your director!Certainly this is his/her concern, too - your Director should be very motivated to get you your SS3 items. Perhaps they would do the Bunco show for you, give you the sales, and take half the bookings for future sales. You could offer to make them dinner before a cluster meeting, or give them a Starbuck's card or something. Another consultant would help, I know!!

the bunco show has pastthe show was for this friday so I am just going to do it for them next month. Thanks for the advice though!

and on a positive note: the host that flaked earlier actually returned my call finally and instead of cancelling she opted for a catalog party instead! So maybe I can make my last ss3 bonus!? :rolleyes:

heat123 said:
the show was for this friday so I am just going to do it for them next month. Thanks for the advice though!

and on a positive note: the host that flaked earlier actually returned my call finally and instead of cancelling she opted for a catalog party instead! So maybe I can make my last ss3 bonus!? :rolleyes:
Woo hoo! Good news about the catalog show. I hope she doesn't flake on that and does what you've coached her to do! Good luck with that. :)

1. Can I vent about any topic in "Venting My Frustrations: A Supportive Ear for You"?

Yes, you can vent about any topic that is causing frustration or stress in your life. Our community is here to provide a supportive and non-judgmental space for you to express yourself.

2. Is "Venting My Frustrations: A Supportive Ear for You" a private group?

Yes, this group is private and only members can see your posts and comments. However, please keep in mind that nothing on the internet is completely private, so we encourage you to share only what you are comfortable with.

3. Can I offer advice or suggestions to other members in the group?

While we appreciate your desire to help others, this group is designed to be a supportive and non-judgmental space for venting. We ask that you refrain from giving advice unless specifically requested by the person venting.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for posting in "Venting My Frustrations: A Supportive Ear for You"?

Yes, we have a few simple rules to ensure a positive and respectful environment for all members. These include refraining from personal attacks or insults, avoiding political or religious discussions, and respecting the privacy of others. Please read the group's description for a full list of guidelines.

5. How can I connect with other members outside of this group?

While this group is a great place to connect with others and find support, we encourage you to also reach out to friends, family, or a professional if you are struggling with ongoing frustration or stress. You can also join our larger Pampered Chef community on social media for additional support and connections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • wadesgirl