• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Review: Ss Cookware Test Drive | Pan o Rama's 5 Piece Set Earned and Tested

In summary, the 5 piece SS set from Pan o Rama this year was a good purchase. The pans cleaned up easily and look brand new. I am glad my test drive went well.
PamperChefCarol
I earned the 5 piece SS set through Pan o Rama this year. The box has been sitting in my office area, opened, but the pans were still inside. Husband finally asked when I was going to use my new pans. Good question. I don't need any more pans in my kitchen, but seeing that I have a bunch of shows starting next week, I thought it might be a good idea to get them out of the box and test drive them.

Let me just say up front that I am a stainless steel cooker. Only have 1 pan in my kitchen that's non stick and don't use it that much. Have the PC 12 in family Exec skillet, as well as the grill pan, and the small sauce pan that was on the supply order form, but don't use them on a day to day basic, just for shows. Was excited to see PC get stainless, but didn't need any for my personal use.

Enough background, on to the test. Made grilled ham and cheese with tomatoo soup. Pretty basic, used the saute pan for the grilled cheese, and the sauce pan for the soup. Purposely let the soup boil over and then sit on the stove. Afterwards let it cool off a bit before I threw it into sink with the dishwasher. Moments later, a clean pan. Just a swish of the sponge and all gone. Both the saute pan and the sauce pan cleaned up like a breeze and look brand new. Tonight I am making mashed potatoes in the sauce pan and will see how that goes.

Love the pans, my only comment is the length of the handles. For some reason, they are longer than my other pans. Could be a ergonomical answer for that, but beats me.

All in all, thumbs up.

Glad to hear your test drive went well.

I have to say that I used my 12in SS Skillet only once ( love my exec) I made the pork w/ Ramen noodles & it cleaned up really nice & easy.

I meal wasnt bad either....;)

I love my SS cookware!

Love the dishwasher option. I've been making the cinnamon and garlic bites in the SS saute pan because I love putting my pan in the dishwasher. I make them with the Grands biscuits and 1/2 to 1/3 cup of butter. Sometimes I use the 8" and sometimes the 10". Can't say enough about the dishwasher option.

I love the stainless cookware. Didn't think I would because I figured everything would stick and I would ruin dinner. Well, as long as I follow the recipe, I'm fine. The other day I cooked sausage patties and forgot to heat the skillet with some oil. Not a problem, came clean with a little soap and the kitchen brush (any customer who buys stainless should automatically get the kitchen brush). I still won't put mine in the dish washer. While they are dishwasher safe it's still best to handwash your good cookware. Over time the dishwasher can cause damage.

I'm not concerned about the dishwasher causing damage. I'll only use the SS because it can go in the dishwasher. There are a couple recipes I want to try so I can do the fond thing, but otherwise I just like that I can put it in the dw.

wadesgirl said:
I love the stainless cookware. Didn't think I would because I figured everything would stick and I would ruin dinner. Well, as long as I follow the recipe, I'm fine. The other day I cooked sausage patties and forgot to heat the skillet with some oil. Not a problem, came clean with a little soap and the kitchen brush (any customer who buys stainless should automatically get the kitchen brush). I still won't put mine in the dish washer. While they are dishwasher safe it's still best to handwash your good cookware. Over time the dishwasher can cause damage.

Love my dishwasher so that being said... back in 1990 I bought a set of Reverre Professional SS cookware. Paid about $300 for the set. Probably have used them every day since then. And they have gone in the dishwasher right along the way. Look good as new. They are made to be used. My PC set is working out well so far. The mashed potatoes came right out with just a bit of warm water and swished right out.

The handles are too long! Thought it was just my imagination, but they are longer than my Revere pans. Might take a bit of getting used.

Enough of testing driving, time for a glass of wine!

PamperChefCarol said:
Love my dishwasher so that being said... back in 1990 I bought a set of Reverre Professional SS cookware. Paid about $300 for the set. Probably have used them every day since then. And they have gone in the dishwasher right along the way. Look good as new. They are made to be used. My PC set is working out well so far. The mashed potatoes came right out with just a bit of warm water and swished right out.

The handles are too long! Thought it was just my imagination, but they are longer than my Revere pans. Might take a bit of getting used.

Enough of testing driving, time for a glass of wine!

I'm not saying that every piece of cookware in my cupboards before my PC cookware was never in the dishwasher, that's all I ever did to wash them. But now there are just certain things that I don't mind handwashing especially because of the room they take up in my dishwasher :eek: I cannot even fit the 12" skillet if I wanted to.

I only have the 10" and the 8". They fit better than the SA square plates and bowls.

1. What is included in the Ss Cookware Test Drive 5 Piece Set?

The Ss Cookware Test Drive 5 Piece Set includes a 10-inch non-stick skillet, a 2-quart saucepan with lid, a 3-quart sauté pan with lid, and a 6-quart stockpot with lid.

2. Is the Ss Cookware Test Drive set suitable for all stovetops?

Yes, the Ss Cookware Test Drive set is compatible with all stovetops including gas, electric, and induction.

3. How is the durability of the Ss Cookware Test Drive set?

The Ss Cookware Test Drive set is made with high-quality stainless steel and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It is also oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can the Ss Cookware Test Drive set be washed in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Ss Cookware Test Drive set is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze.

5. Are the lids included in the Ss Cookware Test Drive set interchangeable?

Yes, the lids included in the Ss Cookware Test Drive set are interchangeable, allowing for versatility in cooking and storage options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • jss016
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • lindy0116
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7