• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifting SS Bowl Lids in the Fridge - Fixes Needed?

In summary, common issues when lifting SS bowl lids in the fridge include lids getting stuck, difficulty in gripping and lifting the lids, and spills or leaks from the bowl contents. Potential fixes for SS bowl lids getting stuck include lightly greasing the rim of the bowl, lifting and twisting the lid, or using alternative options such as silicone lids or cling wrap. To improve grip and lifting, wiping the rim of the bowl and lid with a damp cloth or using rubber grips or gloves can be helpful. To prevent spills and leaks, ensuring a secure seal on the lid and placing a paper towel or cloth under the bowl can be effective. Alternative options to SS bowl lids for fridge storage include silicone lids, cling wrap, and reusable beeswax wraps.
DebPC
Staff member
I've heard from 2 people lately that when they put their SS Bowls in the fridge with the lids on- they lift up. Both of these people got replacement lids and the same thing happened. I don't use mine in the fridge. Is this really common?
Are there any fixes???
Thanks!

I use mine in the fridge all the time when I'm prepping a recipe or something and have never had this occur. Sorry I don't have an answer for you.

I have one in the fridge right now, it is staying well.

never had this problem before

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you and others are experiencing issues with the lids on the SS Bowls. I have not personally encountered this issue, but I will definitely look into it and see if there are any common fixes. In the meantime, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance and possibly getting a replacement lid that is specifically designed for fridge use. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

What are the common issues encountered when lifting SS bowl lids in the fridge?

Some common issues when lifting SS bowl lids in the fridge include lids getting stuck, difficulty in gripping and lifting the lids, and spills or leaks from the bowl contents.

What are some potential fixes for SS bowl lids getting stuck in the fridge?

One potential fix is to lightly grease the rim of the bowl before putting on the lid. Another option is to slightly lift the lid and then twist it to release any suction. Additionally, using a silicone lid or cling wrap instead of the SS lid can also prevent sticking.

What can be done to improve grip and lifting of SS bowl lids in the fridge?

A simple solution is to use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe the rim of the bowl and the lid before placing it in the fridge. This will create a better seal and make it easier to lift the lid. Using a rubber grip or gloves can also provide better grip and make lifting easier.

How can spills and leaks from SS bowl lids in the fridge be prevented?

One effective way to prevent spills and leaks is to ensure that the lid is securely placed on the bowl. Make sure to align the lid properly and press down on all sides to create a tight seal. Placing a paper towel or cloth under the bowl can also absorb any spills.

Are there any alternative options to SS bowl lids for storage in the fridge?

Yes, there are alternative options such as using silicone lids, cling wrap, or reusable beeswax wraps. These options are often more flexible and easier to use, and can also prevent spills and leaks in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • minirottie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mrshamel3808