• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Square Card Reader (For Cash & Carry)

In summary, there are multiple ways to sell cash and carry items at booths/fairs. Square reader is a popular option and it is easy to use.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
Is anyone using this system (or any other) for selling cash and carry items at booths/fairs? I'm probably going to be investing but looking for the thoughts of those with experience.I have a booth at our local youth fair (BIG event) and after 15 years as a consultant have accumulated just a couple of extra things. :eek: I won't take checks at the fair (unless it is a known past host/good customer) and not everyone has cash. I believe this is the way to go but don't have any experience with it.This is NOT for current product sales!

I have taken checks at the local Farmer's Market, but usually just cash. I really did not want to get into using another device. I have also had people pay with PayPal.

I have a square reader for vendor events and I love it! The money is deposited in my account quickly. They are switching over from the swiped to the chip reader, tho. The fee is like 2% per swipe, totally worth it!

thov99 said:
I have a square reader for vendor events and I love it! The money is deposited in my account quickly. They are switching over from the swiped to the chip reader, tho. The fee is like 2% per swipe, totally worth it!
I was a little concerned about that BUT I know many of stores don't yet accept the chip cards so the cards must still able to be swiped to be read. That should save me about $39 (initial cost of reader).

I have used a square card reader for some times, years in fact, as i do several huge events, and checks are not a good option. Works great, money gets to my account quickly, and easy to use. All in all, I love it. Plus, people will purchase more when using a card.

Does the PC reader work with the SQUARE software?

scottcooks said:
Does the PC reader work with the SQUARE software?
I haven't tried it, but I doubt it. The swiper from square is free, or at least it was when I got mine.

What is Square Card Reader?

Square Card Reader is a small device that allows you to accept credit and debit card payments through your mobile device. It is perfect for cash and carry businesses, as it enables you to process payments on the spot.

How does Square Card Reader work?

Square Card Reader connects to your mobile device through the headphone jack or via Bluetooth. When a customer swipes their card, the data is encrypted and sent to Square's servers for processing. You will then receive the payment in your linked bank account.

Is Square Card Reader secure?

Yes, Square Card Reader uses the highest level of encryption to protect your customers' sensitive information. It is also PCI compliant, meaning it meets all security standards set by the payment card industry.

Do I need a merchant account to use Square Card Reader?

No, you do not need a separate merchant account to use Square Card Reader. When you sign up for a Square account, you can start accepting payments immediately.

Are there any fees for using Square Card Reader?

There is a transaction fee of 2.75% for each swipe, dip, or tap transaction. If you manually enter card information, the fee is 3.5% + 15 cents per transaction. There are no monthly or hidden fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tean94
  • pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • babywings76