• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Fun Spumoni Spritz Cookie Recipe | Perfect for Cookie Press Training

In summary, the conversation is about a not-so-successful attempt at making spritz cookies for a training session. The recipe was time-consuming and resulted in ruined cookies. The dough was difficult to work with and the cookies did not taste quite right due to a forgotten ingredient. The conversation concludes with the suggestion to try a different recipe for a cookie swap show.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I've been wanting to make these since they showed up in the new cookbook. I'm doing a training on the cookie press for our meeting on Satuday so I made these last night. Thought I would share the following:

NOT a good show recipe!

Fun recipe to make but takes a lot longer than regular spritz cookies to put together

They turned out cute but out of the two disks they recommended, I couldn't get one to work

I wasted about 1/3 of the dough on ruined cookies. Tried to go back and just put all that back into the cookie press but they were turning out a really ugly color!

The dough does not roll into tubes! I had to shape them into a long rectangle and then slightly roll them after I cut them into thirds.

The cherry or chocolate part would make good cooies just by themselves!

Not sure if they tasted right, I sort of forgot to add the egg when I was supposed to and added it to the finished dough right before I split it into thirds.

I used my kitchen aide mixer and instead of using three different bowls to mix the different colors in, I just put one dough back into the bowl, mixed it up, dumped it out and repeated. Made it easier to only wash one bowl!

I repeat - NOT A GOOD SHOW RECIPE!!! If you want to do it for a show, try them at home first or have the host reimburse you for the ingredients and bring them premade. I'm considering offering to bring a plate to each November and December show by making a couple batches and freezing them.

Thanks for your review on the recipe. I was thinking about trying it for a cookie swap show I have coming up. I think i'll use another recipe.

What is a cookie press and how does it work?

A cookie press is a kitchen tool that is used to shape dough into various shapes and designs. It works by pressing the dough through a disk with a specific pattern, creating a consistent shape and size for each cookie.

Can I use any type of cookie dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cookie dough that is suitable for a cookie press. However, this particular recipe is designed for spumoni flavored dough, which can be made using a mix of almond extract, cherry juice, and pistachio pudding mix.

How many cookies does this recipe yield?

This recipe yields approximately 4 dozen cookies, depending on the size and shape of the cookies made with the cookie press.

Do I need any special equipment to make these cookies?

Aside from a cookie press, you will need a baking sheet, parchment paper, and a mixing bowl. You can also use a stand mixer or hand mixer to make the dough, but it is not necessary.

Can I make these cookies ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before using it. You can also freeze the dough for up to 1 month. Just make sure to let the dough come to room temperature before using it in the cookie press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mindy50135
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies