• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spumoni spritz cookies

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I've been wanting to make these since they showed up in the new cookbook. I'm doing a training on the cookie press for our meeting on Satuday so I made these last night. Thought I would share the following:

NOT a good show recipe!

Fun recipe to make but takes a lot longer than regular spritz cookies to put together

They turned out cute but out of the two disks they recommended, I couldn't get one to work

I wasted about 1/3 of the dough on ruined cookies. Tried to go back and just put all that back into the cookie press but they were turning out a really ugly color!

The dough does not roll into tubes! I had to shape them into a long rectangle and then slightly roll them after I cut them into thirds.

The cherry or chocolate part would make good cooies just by themselves!

Not sure if they tasted right, I sort of forgot to add the egg when I was supposed to and added it to the finished dough right before I split it into thirds.

I used my kitchen aide mixer and instead of using three different bowls to mix the different colors in, I just put one dough back into the bowl, mixed it up, dumped it out and repeated. Made it easier to only wash one bowl!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I repeat - NOT A GOOD SHOW RECIPE!!! If you want to do it for a show, try them at home first or have the host reimburse you for the ingredients and bring them premade. I'm considering offering to bring a plate to each November and December show by making a couple batches and freezing them.

Dotty

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2010
Thanks for your review on the recipe. I was thinking about trying it for a cookie swap show I have coming up. I think i'll use another recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
Beverly M Hernandez
Replies
Views
Oliver91
Replies
Views