• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent How can I properly layer the cream cheese mixtures in my Spumoni Brownies?

In summary, the conversation was about making a dessert for a Fall Preview event. The question was about how to layer the different cream cheese mixtures, with one person suggesting side by side and another suggesting on top of each other. It was also mentioned that the recipe was not very specific. The use of food coloring was also discussed. Another person shared their experience with making the dessert and suggested using separate bags to decorate with alternating stripes. The final decision was to put the mixtures on top of each other and swirl them together. The overall consensus was that the directions were not clear, but the dessert sounded tasty.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I'm trying to make these for my Fall Preview this evening, and I have a question about the cream cheese mixtures...

It says to put the red & green mixtures both in the EAD - does that mean together? Side by Side? One on top of the other?

Could someone who's made them tell me what they did? THANKS!

I haven't made them but I was looking at the recipe last night and think it has to be side by side, that way both flavors are dispensed at once and swirled throughout the brownies. You'd think they'd specify. Our recipes aren't always worded in the best way, unfortunately.

leftymac said:
I haven't made them but I was looking at the recipe last night and think it has to be side by side, that way both flavors are dispensed at once and swirled throughout the brownies.

You'd think they'd specify. Our recipes aren't always worded in the best way, unfortunately.

See - that's what I was thinking it had to be - but you're right...the recipe isn't very specific. After that, it talks about swirling it through...but that sounds like it's just to make sure it gets all the way through the brownie.

Okay - getting ready to make them right now. I'll do it side by side and report back! Not thrilled with using the food coloring, but other than that, these sound good!

ChefBeckyD said:
See - that's what I was thinking it had to be - but you're right...the recipe isn't very specific. After that, it talks about swirling it through...but that sounds like it's just to make sure it gets all the way through the brownie.

Okay - getting ready to make them right now. I'll do it side by side and report back! Not thrilled with using the food coloring, but other than that, these sound good!

I know, but it wouldn't be spumoni without the fun red and green colors!

I just made these and I dont have the easy accent decorator so I just did them in two seperate bags with an actual decorating time (and the cherries need to be really finely cut to get through the tip). Then it says four lines so I just alternated the lines. When you do the swirling it mixes it all up anyway so they came out and look nice. I am using them tomorrow so I am not sure what they taste like yet. But I agree the directions werent clear and I read it like 3 times and then came to the site trying to figure this out too!

I put them one on top of the other, not sure how it would work trying to get them side by side, might be hard to fill it up. I just did alternating stripes down the brownies.

What is a Spumoni Brownie?

A Spumoni Brownie is a decadent dessert made with layers of chocolate, cherry, and pistachio flavors. It is a twist on the traditional Italian dessert, spumoni, which typically consists of layers of different flavored ice cream.

Is the Spumoni Brownie difficult to make?

No, the Spumoni Brownie is actually quite easy to make. It requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in just a few simple steps. Plus, we have a step-by-step recipe on our website to guide you through the process.

Can I substitute any of the flavors in the Spumoni Brownie?

Yes, you can definitely substitute any of the flavors in the Spumoni Brownie to suit your preferences. For example, you can use raspberry instead of cherry or almond instead of pistachio. Get creative and make it your own!

What type of pan should I use to make the Spumoni Brownie?

We recommend using a 9x9 inch baking pan to make the Spumoni Brownie. This size will ensure that the brownie is evenly baked and has the perfect thickness.

Can I make the Spumoni Brownie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Spumoni Brownie ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 1 month. Just make sure to let it thaw completely before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yourchef23
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • jesusluvsu2005