• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making Spritz Cookies with Cake Mix?

In summary, the spritz cookie recipe uses a cake mix and can be made with a variety of flavors. People who are looking for a quick and easy recipe love it.
Theresa4chef
Does anyone have the spritz cookie recipe that uses a cake mix. I thought it was on the product use & care card. PC has the one without the cake mix listed on their web site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

I found it.

COOKIE PRESS CAKE MIX COOKIES

BASIC BUTTER RECIPE

1 pound (4 sticks) butter, divided
1 package (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2 ¾ cups (11 oz) all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 F. In small bowl, microwave 2 sticks of butter on HIGH, 1 minute or until just melted.

Slice remaining butter into ½ inch pieces; add to melted butter tossing to coat. Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, measure flour, add cake mix and blend to break any lumps. If necessary, return butter to microwave for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and pourable. Do not melt completely. Pour batter all at once into dry ingredients, thoroughly scrape butter from bowl. With mixing spoon, mix until dry ingredients are incorporated and dough is smooth. Fill Cookie Press and press cookies onto baking stone or parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool 3 minutes on baking stone, then remove to cooling rack.

Yields: approx 8 dozen cookies

Flavor variations: Use Devil’s Food Cake Mix instead of White Cake Mix. Or add a few drops of mint extract and green food coloring and use the Christmas tree disk. Or use a Yellow Cake Mix and add a tablespoon of the Cinnamon Plus Spice blend to make a great spice cookie.

How are these cookies? What's everyone's favorite combo?

I haven't tried it yet but a sister consultant does a lot of cookie shows using this recipe. She said that she makes a batch of the spritz right away and then adds nuts to make nest cookies in the deluxe mini-muffin pan (fills them with jelly or chocolate when cooled) and then puts the rest in the square baker after adding candy or other add-in to make bars.

She said that it is an awesome show and people just love the idea. A big hint she gave was that she brings the butter top just melted before mixing it with the cake mix and flour and then you need to press the spritz while the dough is still warm. Once the butter cools it is harder to do it.

People who are really strapped for time or want to put out trays of cookies but don't want tons of each kind especially love the idea of multiple kinds of cookies with one recipe.

Beth Brigham said:
I haven't tried it yet but a sister consultant does a lot of cookie shows using this recipe. She said that she makes a batch of the spritz right away and then adds nuts to make nest cookies in the deluxe mini-muffin pan (fills them with jelly or chocolate when cooled) and then puts the rest in the square baker after adding candy or other add-in to make bars.

She said that it is an awesome show and people just love the idea. A big hint she gave was that she brings the butter top just melted before mixing it with the cake mix and flour and then you need to press the spritz while the dough is still warm. Once the butter cools it is harder to do it.

People who are really strapped for time or want to put out trays of cookies but don't want tons of each kind especially love the idea of multiple kinds of cookies with one recipe.

THANK YOU!!!!
What do you mean by nest cookie? Do you mean she adds the nuts to the batter, then makes a thumb print? Hmmmm.

I'm having a kids cookie class and this sounds like it might fit the bill ~ I have one peanut allergy, but the kids could fill their spritzer with anything, huh?

I'm having them buy or bring mini-muffin pans, mini-tart shapers and EA decorators.... This might work. I am going to do "cookie kisses" too. Maybe brownie cups. How does your friend keep the cookies from tasting the same?

its_me_susan said:
THANK YOU!!!!
What do you mean by nest cookie? Do you mean she adds the nuts to the batter, then makes a thumb print? Hmmmm.

I'm having a kids cookie class and this sounds like it might fit the bill ~ I have one peanut allergy, but the kids could fill their spritzer with anything, huh?

I'm having them buy or bring mini-muffin pans, mini-tart shapers and EA decorators.... This might work. I am going to do "cookie kisses" too. Maybe brownie cups. How does your friend keep the cookies from tasting the same?
For the nest cookies: Use the small scoop and roll the dough into a ball. Roll it in chopped nuts, place them in the deluxe mini-muffin pan and press with the tart shaper. Bake, then fill with jelly or chocolate. I used to have a "nest cookie" that was called "thumbprint" too so you have the idea...

The cookies taste different because of the add-in (nuts, jelly, candy...)

Thanks Beth! I made the spritzer ones yesterday - yum and workede so well with my gun!!!

Can you think of any non-nut think to roll in before baking? One of my kids in the cooking class has an allergy. I'm loving this recipe!!!

How about sprinkles (jimmies) or coconut? I've even heard of using Chinese noodles.

showmehow2 said:
How about sprinkles (jimmies) or coconut? I've even heard of using Chinese noodles.
That would have been my answer! :D

1. What ingredients do I need to make spritz cookies using cake mix?

To make spritz cookies using cake mix, you will need 1 package of cake mix, 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, vanilla or yellow cake mix works best for traditional spritz cookies.

3. How do I use the Pampered Chef Cookie Press to make spritz cookies?

First, fill the cookie press with the cookie dough mixture. Then, twist the handle to push the dough through the press and onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Finally, press the trigger to release the dough onto the sheet in the desired shape.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the cookie dough mixture?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, or nuts to the cookie dough mixture for added flavor and texture.

5. How long do I bake the spritz cookies for?

Bake the spritz cookies at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Be sure to rotate the cookie sheet halfway through baking for even browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • LisaJG