• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sprinkles on Sugar Cookies Help

In summary, the conversation discussed different ways to add sprinkles to cookies, including before or after baking and mixing them into the dough. Some participants preferred adding sprinkles before baking to ensure they stick to the cookie, while others liked the look of sprinkles added after baking. Additionally, sprinkles were also suggested as a delicious addition to cinnamon rolls.
Sherry Leigh
I'd love to try this for my Open House - do the sprinkles go on before or after baking the cookies? Has anyone tried just mixing them into the dough?

I've seen them primarily added after baking and cooling. In fact, they're usually sprinkled on top of frosting.

I put them on my spritz cookies before baking and they looked very pretty - and of course tasted yummy!

Ooh- forgot about that! I usually do that, too, especially on the tree shape (which I make with green-tinted dough).

I put the sprinkles on BEFORE baking. I flatten out the dough a little so they don't all just roll off and sprinkle generously knowing the cookie will expand a little while baking. I also pat the sprinkles in a little before they go in the oven, so they bake in rather than just on and then roll off... works very well that way.

I'll concede on the "before baking" tip. My mom very very rarely had sprinkles for cookies when I was growing up, and I don't make sugar cookies. When we did use sprinkles when I was a kid, they were always added after baking, so that's how I thought they were supposed to be added.

I think colored sugar is good post-baking (to keep the color from diminishing) but these sprinkles really melt nicely into sugar cookies. Plus they smell up the house REALLY well. I made these for my open house and wowed my neighbor who was the only one who showed but at least she brought her daughter and they both LOVED the cookies with the sprinkles and couldn't believe they weren't homemade (I cheated and used Pillsbury's sugar cookie 'tube')..

It all sounds good to me!!!:love: I do like the idea of frosting the cookie and then sprinkling it on too!

Before baking for me too on cookies!Also great ADDED to cinnamon rolls in the can...

1. How much sprinkles should I use on my sugar cookies?

The amount of sprinkles you use on your sugar cookies is completely up to personal preference. Some people like a light dusting, while others prefer a thick layer. We recommend starting with a small amount and adding more as needed.

2. Can I use different types of sprinkles on my sugar cookies?

Yes, you can use any type of sprinkles you like on your sugar cookies. From traditional rainbow sprinkles to seasonal shapes and colors, the options are endless. Just make sure to use sprinkles that are safe to eat and won't bleed or melt when baked.

3. When should I add the sprinkles to my sugar cookies?

You can add the sprinkles before or after baking your sugar cookies. If adding before baking, gently press them into the dough before placing in the oven. If adding after baking, wait until the cookies are cool and then use frosting, glaze, or melted chocolate to help the sprinkles stick.

4. Can I use sprinkles on any type of sugar cookie recipe?

Yes, you can use sprinkles on any type of sugar cookie recipe. Just make sure to follow the recipe instructions and adjust baking times if needed. Keep in mind that some types of sprinkles may change the texture or appearance of the cookies.

5. How do I prevent the sprinkles from falling off my sugar cookies?

To prevent the sprinkles from falling off your sugar cookies, make sure to press them gently into the dough before baking. You can also use a frosting or glaze to help them stick after baking. If using melted chocolate, make sure to let it set before handling the cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • esavvymom