• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confusion with Springform Pan for Decadent Flourless Cake Recipe

In summary, if you're having trouble with the Decadent Flourless Cake from the Chocolate Cookbook, make sure to let it cool completely before removing it from the springform pan. You can also try lightly greasing the bottom of the pan or using a flat spatula to loosen the cake before removing it. And for future attempts, lining the bottom with parchment paper can make the process easier. Happy baking!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made the Decadent Flourless Cake from the Chocolate Cookbook and it uses the springform pan. Now that I've cooked it it doesn't appear that I'm suppose to take the glass bottom off of it but I actually need the springform pan again! Not sure what I should do - I tried to flip it over and it didn't appear to be coming off (plus the cake started to crack a little - it's very delicate). I thought about cooling it more and trying the mega lifter on it. Not sure what I should do!

I would do exactly what you're thinking about doing. Put it in the fridge and let it cool completely (that cake is pretty dense and fudgy once cooled) and then use the mega lifter to move it.

Next time line the bottom with parchment paper. It'll be easier to the get the base off for your next cake.

Chef Kearns said:
Next time line the bottom with parchment paper. It'll be easier to the get the base off for your next cake.

Yeah I read that online after the fact :eek:

After it cooled for a few hours I was able to turn it over and slowly remove the base!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Decadent Flourless Cake from the Chocolate Cookbook. The springform pan can be a bit tricky to work with, but I have a few tips that might help. First, make sure that the cake is completely cool before attempting to remove it from the pan. This will prevent any cracking or breaking. You can also try lightly greasing the bottom of the pan before pouring in the batter to help it come out more easily. If all else fails, you can use a flat spatula or knife to gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan before trying to remove it. I hope this helps and that you're able to enjoy your delicious cake! Happy cooking!

What is a Springform Pan?

A Springform Pan is a type of baking pan with a removable bottom and an adjustable latch on the sides. It is often used for making cheesecakes, quiches, and other delicate desserts.

Can I use a Springform Pan for regular cakes?

Yes, you can use a Springform Pan for regular cakes. However, it is important to line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper to prevent the batter from leaking out.

How do I clean my Springform Pan?

To clean your Springform Pan, remove the latch and the bottom from the sides. Wash all parts with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Can I put my Springform Pan in the dishwasher?

Yes, most Springform Pans are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage from the dishwasher.

How do I prevent my Springform Pan from leaking?

To prevent your Springform Pan from leaking, make sure the latch is securely closed and the bottom is properly aligned with the sides. You can also wrap the bottom and sides of the pan with aluminum foil before baking to catch any potential leaks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
toastnthekitchen
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies