• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Dinner Trifle Ideas: Beyond Chocolate & Spice Cake

Thanks for the recipe! I'll try the pineapple one.I always did a pineapple lush trifle. it was so good. have to see if I can remember how to do it, if you're interested.I'd like this recipe. Sounds yummy.The Pineapple One does sound good - can you post it?I had thought about the Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches trifle, but our strawberries in the stores around here have been looking less than stellar. :grumpy:
PCLaurel
Gold Member
Anybody know of a spring-y trifle that I could whip together for Easter dinner? :confused:

I'm not necessarily looking for chocolate, and anything based off a spice cake or gingerbread says fall/winter to me.

I had thought about the Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches trifle, but our strawberries in the stores around here have been looking less than stellar. :grumpy:

Any thoughts / ideas are welcome - doesn't have to be a PC recipe.

Thanks in advance!!

I'm doing the Strawberry Cream Trifle from the S/S 2008 Season's Best. You could think about doing all frozen strawberries if the fresh ones aren't good.

Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle, yum!

Attachments

• Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 378
I always did a pineapple lush trifle. it was so good. have to see if I can remember how to do it, if you're interested.

How about that banana one w/ the graham crackers and chocolate? I can't remember the name of it right now. Too bad your strawberries aren't looking too good, because I was going to recommend the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.

The lemon/blueberry one definitely says spring. Its in the All the Best cookbook.

crystalscookingnow said:
I always did a pineapple lush trifle. it was so good. have to see if I can remember how to do it, if you're interested.

I'd like this recipe. Sounds yummy.

The Pineapple One does sound good - can you post it?

I'd totally forgotten the Lemon Blueberry. Guess I need to add lemons adn blueberries to my shopping list for today. :)

Tropical Dream Trifle is my favorite non-chocolate, non-strawberry, non-thanksgiving trifle. It's in the CS files. Pineapple, coconut, banana, lime, kiwi, pound cake.​

Last edited:
OK - it wasn't ever a recipe that I had written down, just one that I put together.Can crushed pineapple, drained
1 8 oz tub cool whip
1 box cheesecake pudding mix, instant
1 cup cold milk
1 angel food cake, could use pound cake if desired
blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (don't have to use strawberries, if they don't look good)Mix pudding mix and cold milk until thick but not set. Fold in cool whip & drained pineapple. If it looks too thick, you can add some pineapple juice but not to much b/c the pineapple will probably still have some in it that will settle as the filling sits.Cube or tear the angel food cake.Slice strawberries.Layer cake, then filling, some berries. I always put slice strawberries around the outside of the bowl for the layer. Repeat layers and top with berries.This is from memory - so ask questions if something doesn't make sense!

cookingwithlove said:
Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches Trifle, yum!

That's what we're doing :)

Is there a local farm you can get your berries??

1. What are some unique Easter dinner trifle ideas?

Some unique Easter dinner trifle ideas include using lemon or raspberry flavors, incorporating fresh fruit such as strawberries or peaches, and adding layers of angel food or pound cake instead of traditional sponge cake.

2. Can I make a trifle ahead of time for Easter dinner?

Yes, trifles can be made ahead of time and chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It is recommended to assemble the trifle within 24 hours of serving to ensure the layers stay fresh.

3. How can I make a healthier trifle for Easter dinner?

To make a healthier trifle, you can use low-fat or Greek yogurt in place of heavy cream, use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit, and use a sugar substitute or less sugar in the custard or pudding layers.

4. What are some non-traditional ingredients I can use in an Easter dinner trifle?

Some non-traditional ingredients you can use in a trifle include balsamic vinegar for a tangy twist, coconut milk for a dairy-free option, and crushed cookies or graham crackers for a crunchy layer.

5. Can I use a store-bought cake for my Easter dinner trifle?

Yes, you can use a store-bought cake for your trifle. Pound cake or angel food cake works well and can save time in the kitchen. Just make sure to cut the cake into cubes or slices before layering it in the trifle dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sburnside
  • chefmelody