• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Launch Mtg, Feb 4, 2010 - Dearborn Mi

I might have to pass.I doubt that anyone close enough to attend either of those locations will even be opening a thread about the one in Michigan.lol Chef Ann.
chefann
Gold Member
This should be plenty of notice (LOL). And don't tell DH, ;) but any Cheffers heading to the Dearborn Spring Launch meeting on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010 are welcome to my house afterward for dinner.

Of course, this is based on an assumption that the training hours will be similar to this year's regional training, and let out about 3:30-4:00. Dearborn is only about 15 minutes from me, and it's a pretty straight shot up the Southfield Freeway (M-39) or Telegraph Road (US-24). I know where several large hotels are in Dearborn, as well as a Ford Motor Company-owned training center, and all are a fairly easy drive to my house.

I'd offer to let anyone with a long drive home stay over, but you'd have to sleep on the pull-out in the living room, which is where the birds are. Last time my sister stayed over, she commented that Beaker kept making "vroop" noises all night for no apparent reason. If anyone wants to stay over the night before or the night of, I can point you in the direction of some lodging, and we can plan something fun - like a trip to Trader Joe's. (Yes, Becky and Jill, this is aimed at you. :) )

chefann said:
This should be plenty of notice (LOL). And don't tell DH, ;) but any Cheffers heading to the Dearborn Spring Launch meeting on Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010 are welcome to my house afterward for dinner.

Of course, this is based on an assumption that the training hours will be similar to this year's regional training, and let out about 3:30-4:00. Dearborn is only about 15 minutes from me, and it's a pretty straight shot up the Southfield Freeway (M-39) or Telegraph Road (US-24). I know where several large hotels are in Dearborn, as well as a Ford Motor Company-owned training center, and all are a fairly easy drive to my house.

I'd offer to let anyone with a long drive home stay over, but you'd have to sleep on the pull-out in the living room, which is where the birds are. Last time my sister stayed over, she commented that Beaker kept making "vroop" noises all night for no apparent reason. If anyone wants to stay over the night before or the night of, I can point you in the direction of some lodging, and we can plan something fun - like a trip to Trader Joe's. (Yes, Becky and Jill, this is aimed at you. :) )

I hate to say this Ann, but we've pretty much decided that if we can, we are going to the one in Chicago on the 6th.:eek: :eek: It's the same distance either way, and easier for people who have 9-5 jobs, and also easier for those of us who will need childcare...and we can take the train into Chicago very inexpensively - it's even cheaper on the weekends! :eek:
Sorry! If that changes (or if they do it by region, and we can't go to the one in Chicago...) I'll let you know first!

Well, fine. Pbbbhht. :p
See if I invite you over again. </sarcasm>

ChefBeckyD said:
I hate to say this Ann, but we've pretty much decided that if we can, we are going to the one in Chicago on the 6th.:eek: :eek: It's the same distance either way, and easier for people who have 9-5 jobs, and also easier for those of us who will need childcare...and we can take the train into Chicago very inexpensively - it's even cheaper on the weekends! :eek:
Sorry! If that changes (or if they do it by region, and we can't go to the one in Chicago...) I'll let you know first!

We are right there with you. . .easier to get away for a Saturday.

But, too soon to make plans. Perhaps I'll get to meet Beaker in the flesh with dinner @ Ann's.

chefjeanine said:
We are right there with you. . .easier to get away for a Saturday.

But, too soon to make plans. Perhaps I'll get to meet Beaker in the flesh with dinner @ Ann's.

Just as long as all you are doing with Beaker's flesh is meeting it! :D:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
Just as long as all you are doing with Beaker's flesh is meeting it! :D:chef:

I wouldn't want to taste him. . .and I hope he wouldn't grab me. They can clamp down really hard with those beaks (my husband learned that the hard way -- men :rolleyes:).

Is anyone going to Houston or Memphis? Those are the two closest to me.

I doubt that anyone close enough to attend either of those locations will even be opening a thread about the one in Michigan.

lol Chef Ann.

I'm up in Gaylord, so Dearborn is my closest- but I have a baby coming October- and not sure of hubby's schedule for that time- so when it gets closer re post and hopefully I can make it!!

I'm really bummed because I'd love to meet you, Ann, but there is no way I can travel and no way I can be there on a Thursday.

I probably won't be going to the one in Columbus, OH on Feb. 2 because it's on a Tuesday, but we'll see. I'm sure my cluster will be attending.

Too bad ... I have a feeling Ohio is not far from Dearborn. How far is that from Detroit, anyway?

It's a suburb. It actually shares a border with Detroit.

Yep we'll be there! :) Coming from Port Huron

chefann said:
I doubt that anyone close enough to attend either of those locations will even be opening a thread about the one in Michigan.

Well Bobby did and so did I. Never assume anything. :love:

BethCooks4U said:
Well Bobby did and so did I. Never assume anything. :love:

Yeah. I was trying to be a little more diplomatic than "Go start your own thread for those locations." ;) If anyone not in this area wants to make the trip to Michigan, you're still more than welcome to come by. But I'll warn you that February in MI is likely to be snowy, icy and cold.

I've already got it marked out in my book. Will come up night before hopefully with my recruit and stay over. Too far to drive in the a.m. from the "west coast" especially in our winter weather! I'm a newbie so haven't met anyone else.

gwyn26 said:
I've already got it marked out in my book. Will come up night before hopefully with my recruit and stay over. Too far to drive in the a.m. from the "west coast" especially in our winter weather! I'm a newbie so haven't met anyone else.

FYI for you, Gwyn...a bunch of us from Betsy's, Martha's, Jen's, and My clusters (all under Sherri) are talking about going to the one Chicago instead. It's the same distance, and on a Saturday, so easier for childcare issues - plus we can take the commuter train into Chicago. We would leave Friday sometime.

Let me know if you want to be in the loop for that. I don't know what Sherri, or Laurie have planned to do.

Now that registration is open, people are probably making plans to attend these Spring Kickoffs. The offer of dinner is still open, but I'll need to know who is planning to attend, so that I can have enough food prepared.The Dearborn meeting is at the Hyatt, just outside Fairlane Mall. It's about 15 minutes from my house (and it's where I was guessing the event would be). Those who are attending the HO training are welcome to go straight to my house after it lets out. There will be some other folks joining us, as my local team's monthly cluster meeting happens to coincide with that date. And as of right now, I'm just planning to have something easy, like meatballs and mashed potatoes for dinner. If you want to attend and have special dietary restrictions, please let me know.

So only Cooking_Mama and gwyn26 so far?There are only 64 days until the event!

Sorry, Ann. I'd love to come, but I'm not exactly in the area :(

Yep registered and ready to go!!! :)

What is the Spring Launch Meeting?

The Spring Launch Meeting is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef to introduce our latest products and promotions for the upcoming spring season.

When and where will the Spring Launch Meeting take place?

The Spring Launch Meeting will be held on February 4, 2010 in Dearborn, Michigan.

Who can attend the Spring Launch Meeting?

The Spring Launch Meeting is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, directors, and guests.

What can I expect at the Spring Launch Meeting?

At the Spring Launch Meeting, you can expect to see and learn about the newest Pampered Chef products, receive training and tips from top consultants, and network with other consultants and leaders.

How can I register for the Spring Launch Meeting?

You can register for the Spring Launch Meeting on the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's website. You will need to provide your consultant ID number and payment for the registration fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
Back