• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Launch Hotel Accommodations and Shuttles in Charlotte, NC

Based on the information provided, it would be a moderate walk from the hotel to the convention center.
esavvymom
Staff member
I'm wondering- when PC has rooms blocked aside for the Spring Launch at a particular hotel, do they have a shuttle from that hotel to the convention center where Launch is being held?

I'm looking at "Charlotte, NC", and the hotel they have listed is about 6 blocks form the convention center. Not far, really (assuming 'normal city blocks'), but it will be late January! :)

I found another hotel closer (3 blocks), for the same price, but it has 2 QUEEN Beds, vs 2 Double beds (better for sharing). But before I reserved that, I thought I'd check and see if shuttles were the perk at a PC reserved hotel.

And does anyone know if the cancellation policy for the PC hotel is like it is for National Conference? I know then it would be like 3 weeks out (??)...whereas directly with most hotels is 24-48 hrs. Given winter season and its weather, I'd rather the shorter cancellation window when facing a 3 hr drive!

I believe based on past SLs that all that PC has done is to negotiate a discounted rate for the hotel. They have not done any shuttles in the past. You are booking on your own so fall under the hotel's cancellation policy, ie. can cancel up until the day before or day of. As you discovered, you may be better off looking for your own hotel or by booking through a discounter site (priceline, hotwire) for a better price. I went to NYC last month. I kept checking priceline and was just about to break down and bid when they offered a good rate on a hotel. No blind bidding necessary. Sometimes to get a good discount you have to prepay for the night. Just be aware of the policies when you book. Don't forget AAA discounts if you're a member, though it's not always the best rate.

I just registered for my local SL on Jan 28. Here was cancellation info: "If you'd like to make changes or cancellations to your registration, please complete your request on Consultant's Corner on or before Jan. 10, 2012. After Jan. 10, 2012 no refunds will be issued."

I just read your post again and see you're asking for hotel cancellation policy...not PC, but I'll leave it for anyone who hasn't registered and might be wondering about PC policy :D

minirottie said:
I just registered for my local SL on Jan 28. Here was cancellation info: "If you'd like to make changes or cancellations to your registration, please complete your request on Consultant's Corner on or before Jan. 10, 2012. After Jan. 10, 2012 no refunds will be issued."

I just read your post again and see you're asking for hotel cancellation policy...not PC, but I'll leave it for anyone who hasn't registered and might be wondering about PC policy :D

That does help. I suspected that might be the case through PC travel arrangements. So I'll keep looking for hotels on my own.

Thanks! Both of you helped answer my questions. :D

For those going to Toledo, you can get from Park Inn into Seagate without going outside.

how much of a walk is it? If it is like going from one end of McCormick Place to the other, I may opt for parking close to the venue end. I have some mobility issues with a long walk.:angel:

What is a "Spring Launch Hotel"?

A "Spring Launch Hotel" is a hotel that opens or reopens during the spring season. It is typically a newly built or renovated hotel that takes advantage of the increased travel and tourism during this time of year.

Why are Spring Launch Hotels popular?

Spring Launch Hotels are popular because they offer travelers the opportunity to stay in a brand new or newly renovated hotel, often with modern amenities and updated features. They also tend to have special promotions and deals to attract customers during the busy spring travel season.

What are the benefits of staying at a Spring Launch Hotel?

The benefits of staying at a Spring Launch Hotel include experiencing a fresh and modern hotel, often at a discounted rate. These hotels also tend to have fewer guests, allowing for a more peaceful and personalized stay.

How can I find Spring Launch Hotels?

You can find Spring Launch Hotels by searching online for new hotel openings or by checking travel websites and blogs for updates on new hotels in your desired destination. You can also contact the hotel directly to inquire about their opening date and any special deals they may offer.

Are there any risks to staying at a Spring Launch Hotel?

There are generally no specific risks to staying at a Spring Launch Hotel, as they are typically held to the same standards and regulations as any other hotel. However, as with any new establishment, there may be some kinks to work out during the initial opening period, so it's always a good idea to read reviews and do some research before booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • PampMomof3
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PampMomof3