• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Will Bad Weather Impact Attendance at the Spring Launch Event?

In summary, The weather is bad in a lot of places, but fortunately the meetings are not. There is potential for bad weather to delay or cancel the launches, but as of right now it looks like everything is still on track.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
With all the bad weather all over the country, I wonder how bad it will affect the attendance?

I live in the suburbs of Chicago where we got 20 inches of snow - luckily the meeting is only the next town over from me. Can't wait! Bummer for those that will miss due to the crazy weather.

We've actually been spared of the weather issues. Our only concern (as posted in the ATL SL thread) is whether HO will be able to get to us. :D

Since my Launch isn't until the 12th, I hadn't been thinking about HO getting out for the Launches this Sat. Staff are probably easier to move than the products and materials they had to ship out in advance. Eek!

Last year in Balto. we had our launch sandwiched between some of our blizzards. Another weather system is going to do something Fri.-Sat. but hopefully nothing too severe to ruin any launches.

Hey Becca, I will be at the Balto Launch this year. My first one. I am so excited and can't wait to get a look at the new products!

Jackson, MS is under a Winter Weather Watch but it should be passed by Saturday for our launch. I'm certainly hoping this to be the case. I'm really looking forward to it since this will be my first year. I'm also hoping that everyone else will be get to attend their respective Spring Launches.

Things should be cleaned up enough in our area that attending the Columbus, OH launch won't be a problem.

Hartford is expecting another storm on Saturday... we're watching the weather daily!

The BIG question will be, will the PC people coming from Chicago with all the goodies be able to make the launches!?

That's what I was wondering too!! We got nailed here in Ohio with severe ice storms and major power outages. They are saying thay some counties won't get power back until Sunday. Did you see the news photos from Chicago? They had to close the Lake Parkway and it showed tons of cars stranded. They gave a number to call to get your car if it was towed.
Luckily Columbus OH was spared from alot but I hope we are able to get all the freebies. We also may have lots of local speakers - I know my Director is one of them. SO looking forward to the excitement - need it to get out of the winter doldrums!!
Travel safe to all those heading out for Saturday!;)

I got an email this morning from HO that as of right now Hartford Launch is still on, but they will update us again tomorrow morning.

I figure that a lot of the stuff (freebies, product samples, etc.) was shipped ahead to whomever is in charge.

raebates said:
I figure that a lot of the stuff (freebies, product samples, etc.) was shipped ahead to whomever is in charge.

Probably... but if they didn't get it all out before the storm, it might be stuck somewhere.

I just got an email from HO that our launch is columbus is as planned, but they will let us know by tomorrow if things change..hmm...I was thinking the same thing, that maybe they won't all be able to get out.

chefsteph07 said:
I just got an email from HO that our launch is columbus is as planned, but they will let us know by tomorrow if things change..hmm...I was thinking the same thing, that maybe they won't all be able to get out.

I just got an email about the same thing for the Novi (Detroit) SL. We got walloped in this blizzard (19 inches - and lots of blowing & drifting) and all of the main roads are fine today...but now they are expecting more snow Friday/Saturday. :eek:

I got an email stating that the Jackson meeting is still going to happen, but they will watch the weather & let us know tomorrow.

I am driving from Pittsburgh to Columbus and the forecast is snow all the way! YUK! Friday is suppose to be good so anyone going in early should be fine HO I am sure will get there, getting out may be an issue if the forecast is correct. Of course it could all change in a day or two especially with another storm coming.

lcucinella said:
I got an email stating that the Jackson meeting is still going to happen, but they will watch the weather & let us know tomorrow.

I just got the same email. I hope everyone arrives safely.

lcucinella said:

We are leaving earlier than planned the night before so that we arent traveling in the dark since the roads will be worse, but im kinda worried about yall leaving so early in the AM Lisa!! Yall be careful

Im soooooooo freaking excited, I cant wait!!!!!

Which brings to mind the post I just made in the Spring Launch Tips thread:One last bit of advice for those who, like me, are traveling a ways to Spring Launch. Pack extras. Anything can happen. I'm packing right now (eriously, I took a break from packing to write this post) for an overnight stay. Still, I've included an extra pair of underwear, meds for an extra day, and a few extra (healthy) snacks in case something happens to delay my return home. I know that traveling the 4 hours from my home in Indiana to and from the event location in Ohio could be interrupted by weather, but car trouble and other contingencies can happen even in the sunny southwest. Don't pack for a week, but make sure you've got an extra change of underwear and enough essentials for an extra day or so.

I think Rae is very concerned about getting caught in an ambulance with dirty underwear on :) I hope I wasn't the only one whose mother said to put on clean undies with no holes in case you got in an accident and the nurses saw your bloomers. Whoever she is traveling with should be very happy that she's so conscientious about personal hygiene.

Seriously, though, it's good advice. In DC we had people stuck in their cars for 9+ hours when it snowed last week, the same thing that happened to people in the Chicago area this week.

Dutchess said:
We are leaving earlier than planned the night before so that we arent traveling in the dark since the roads will be worse, but im kinda worried about yall leaving so early in the AM Lisa!! Yall be careful

Im soooooooo freaking excited, I cant wait!!!!!

Thanks Kim. We will be ok. I am confident in Denise's driving!:)
You guys be careful going up tomorrow. We will see you when we get there! I can't wait I am excited too!!!

Becca_in_MD said:
I think Rae is very concerned about getting caught in an ambulance with dirty underwear on :) I hope I wasn't the only one whose mother said to put on clean undies with no holes in case you got in an accident and the nurses saw your bloomers. Whoever she is traveling with should be very happy that she's so conscientious about personal hygiene.

Seriously, though, it's good advice. In DC we had people stuck in their cars for 9+ hours when it snowed last week, the same thing that happened to people in the Chicago area this week.

I'm staying with people but traveling alone. I used to laugh about the clean underwear thing; then I saw Dr. Travis Stork from The Doctors. If I wind up in his emergency room I want nice underthings on. I'm married, and I love The Furry Guy tremendously, but I still wouldn't want Dr. Travis to see me in ratty underwear. :eek:

Just got another confirmation email stating that Spring Launch Columbus is being held as scheduled!! WAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo will be on my way in 6 hours...:sing:

Spring launch in Jackson is still on. I'll be leaving at noon today.

I live in West Central Indiana and there are 4 of us driving up to the Chicago Spring Launch this afternoon and then 5 more from here driving up tomorrow morning. We got about 7-8 inches of sleet and ice Tues and Wed but sun was shining yesterday and today so some is melting. Hopefully the roads between here and Chicago aren't too bad!! Sooo glad they didn't cancel!! Hope to see some of you there :) Safe travels!!!

otisbg said:
Just got another confirmation email stating that Spring Launch Columbus is being held as scheduled!! WAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo will be on my way in 6 hours...:sing:

When I saw the subject line I was so scared they were cancelling! I did a little dance when I saw, "We are excited to announce..."

Woohoooo!!

We're leaving in 5 hours!

I am HERE in CHARLOTTE for tomorrow's SL! :) We hit some rain, heavy at times, traffic, etc. but made it in the time GPS said.

I was able to book a room at the Marriott today for the reduced rate for Saturday night. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :) As long as it's AFTER I get to Hartford!

jbdowd0798 said:
I am HERE in CHARLOTTE for tomorrow's SL! :) We hit some rain, heavy at times, traffic, etc. but made it in the time GPS said.

Enjoy Becky!
I was cooking dinner tonight wishing that I could be with the team down in NC right now. :( But alas, I already had plans for something with my family tomorrow, and didn't want to break them.

Have fun everyone! I can hear some of the screaming already with the new products being shown. ;)

those heading to Columbus...be watchful of the weather..still...it was sunny up here in the Cleveland area all day, but another "clipper" is heading right to Ohio and they said will be hitting here by AM...only 1-4 inches..how ya like that a wide spread prediction...but then...that's ohio!!! Welcome to Our state!!! we are leaving at 6:30am and will be driving right in it, I'm afraid

I hope all were safe going to Columbus today. The weather was terrible today!

We had some slippery weather up in the part of Ohio where I live/work .... I heard they were getting sleet and freezing rain further south. If I had been going I probably would have planned on going directly to work after ... my commute to work was slowed by the weather and I was only going 18 miles. I probably would have been really late had I gone to C-Bus. (Plus my cold got worse today! Boo! Hiss!)

1. Will the Spring Launch Event still take place if there is bad weather?

Yes, the Spring Launch Event will still take place regardless of the weather conditions. We have made all necessary arrangements to ensure the event runs smoothly, rain or shine.

2. Will there be any changes to the event schedule if there is bad weather?

If there is severe weather that poses a threat to our attendees, we may make slight adjustments to the event schedule. However, any changes will be communicated to all attendees in advance.

3. What happens if I cannot attend the event due to bad weather?

If you are unable to attend the event due to bad weather, please reach out to our customer service team. We will do our best to accommodate you and provide alternative options, such as attending a future event.

4. Will there be any transportation provided for attendees in case of bad weather?

We do not provide transportation for attendees to and from the event. It is the responsibility of each attendee to make their own transportation arrangements.

5. Are there any precautions being taken for bad weather at the event venue?

Our event venue has proper safety measures in place to ensure the safety of all attendees in case of bad weather. In the event of severe weather, we will follow all necessary protocols to ensure the safety of everyone at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PampMomof3