• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your thoughts on the new Spring Launch 2017 products?

In summary, the new products are supposed to be released tonight, and we are all looking forward to seeing what they have come up with. There are likely to be new knives, a new electric knife sharpener, and possibly new silicone products. We hope for more new recipes, a green line, and more exciting designs.
ChefDi
Gold Member
I will be watching the spring launch on my own tonight and thought it might be fun to have a discussion on here about the new products. What are you hoping to see?

I'm (as always) so excited. Don't have any expectations for new stuff. What do you think they'll come up with this time?

Have your directors been posting little snippets of products? There is another plug in electric product,

I too am watching on my own. Thanks ChefDi for thinking of the idea of sharing our responses here!I am excited, but am trying to temper my expectations....I really wasn't impressed with the fall line. But, maybe spring will make up for it!Based on the redesigned line up, I bet we'll be seeing some new knives. ;)

I actually loved the Fall line. It was the first time I immediately fell in love with literally everything right away. I'm hoping for a repeat of that this time. I'd love another rockcrok but I don't know what that could be. I am hoping the samples will be a little less - my husband is not as excited as I am about buying new products! Hahaha I always get super excited for these launches.

ChefDi said:
I actually loved the Fall line. It was the first time I immediately fell in love with literally everything right away. I'm hoping for a repeat of that this time. I'd love another rockcrok but I don't know what that could be. I am hoping the samples will be a little less - my husband is not as excited as I am about buying new products! Hahaha I always get super excited for these launches.
That was me, too. Loved the new fall products. Can't wait to see what they're rolling out tonight!

No snippets at all from my upline. :cool:Thanks, ChefDi for getting this started. I actually logged in just now with the same idea. I do miss the camaraderie of the live launches, but this is a money- and time-saver.As for what they may have for us, other than figuring there may be new knives, I can't imagine. But they almost always come out with things that make me say "well, of course we need that!" :)

Kind of wondering if an electric knife sharpener, wondering about more silicone - the popcorn popper is just amazing!

scottcooks said:
Kind of wondering if an electric knife sharpener, wondering about more silicone - the popcorn popper is just amazing!
Ooh, an electric knife sharpener would be good. I agree about the Microwave Popcorn Maker. I've sold tons of those.

Holy cow! There are over 3,000 of us on already!

Green slacks? Green products?

Herb Stripper! Yay!

Love the Multi Grater and Slicer!

I'm going to sell oodles of the Ceramic Egg Makers!

Steel Cut Oats in the Ceramic Egg Cooker? Yay!The silicone band is brilliant!

Wow! Turn your RockCrok into a slow cooker! Amazing!And for only $60. That's fantastic.

Love the new kid products as well as the new color coated knife colors!So glad they re-imagined the Flexible Cutting Mats and didn't just remove them.

I've never seen anything like the new Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill. How cool!

raebates said:
I've never seen anything like the new Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill. How cool!
Ahhhhhhhh I want that grill!!!

And a new RockCrok piece to fit the grill? Perfect.

Yes! The wicker pieces are perfect!Dishwasher safe? Wow!

Not a clinker in the bunch!

I love the orange mini covered baker. . .even if it is for kids.

Trying to find free for all too

Did I misunderstand? I thought Jean said that the Free for All list was available on the website. Anyone find it?

I loved all of it!!!!!

I like quite a few things. I agree I hope it isn't too expensive

It's now on the Spring Launch page.

When can consultants order new products that they didn't earn? Do I have to wait until march like everyone else?

LaLaTheBaker said:
When can consultants order new products that they didn't earn? Do I have to wait until march like everyone else?
Should be soon. Maybe as early as tomorrow.

did anyone see the list of who won the free drawings since they didn't show it during launch

raebates said:
Should be soon. Maybe as early as tomorrow.
Thanks! Hope it's soon. I'm so excited!

I love the slow cooker base. I'm not sure how excited I am about the Grill or the Slicer. I hope someone in my Hospitality group earned the Grill so maybe seeing it in action will sell me! I earned level 1 for December and 2 for January so will get the slicer to try.

ok...Im going to be negative Nelly here and say that neither the rockcrok base nor the grill are very in home show friendly. Im not carrying a grill into someones home and will not demo the base as I do a one hour show. I feel the ceramic egg cooker is going to undermine the sales of the stone egg cooker but the multi grater is going to appeal to more people than the spiralizer. Many of my clients live paycheck to paycheck and I've never sold a kids in the kitchen product except for the cookie cutters. What are your thoughts on how to market these?

otisbg said:
ok...Im going to be negative Nelly here and say that neither the rockcrok base nor the grill are very in home show friendly. Im not carrying a grill into someones home and will not demo the base as I do a one hour show. I feel the ceramic egg cooker is going to undermine the sales of the stone egg cooker but the multi grater is going to appeal to more people than the spiralizer. Many of my clients live paycheck to paycheck and I've never sold a kids in the kitchen product except for the cookie cutters. What are your thoughts on how to market these?
I agree with you completely. I'm in the same boat.

Wow, guess they literally only drew for the 2 autographed popcorn poppers and that's all. Remember when we went to launches and everybody got at least a seasoning or small new product?

As others mentioned hesitation about the kid's items, I wanted to take the time to give two thoughts:
1) I was not fond of the wording used in the solution guide - "kid's kitchen." Say what? They don't have their own kitchens, nor should the kitchen be seen as belonging to a particular family member! I often badger my family by referring to it as mine, but jokes aside the kitchen belongs to all and kids shouldn't need special tools to have fun in the best room of the house.
2) That said, our society is eating out more and more and today's young adults are less likely than ever to know how to cook. This trend is bad for all of us, both in terms of health and financials. If an orange baker will get a family to spend just one extra night per week making their own food, then I support it.
I guess my point is that you can use the above narratives to bring attention to the absurdity AND benefits of a special kid's line. You may be surprised by what you find.

otisbg said:
ok...Im going to be negative Nelly here and say that ... and I've never sold a kids in the kitchen product except for the cookie cutters. What are your thoughts on how to market these?
You know, negativity is actually a good thing - because it shows at some level, that you care. People who are indifferent are not interested, but people who are negative are choosing to engage you with their opinion. (Remember that when you have a grumpy Gretchen or bitter Bob at your show.) Have you tried the rockcrok base? From my perspective it is "pre-prepped" show ready -it seems to me, that if you pop a silicone round cover on your partly-prepped sampling (pre-brown your onions for French Onion soup), you can arrive at the hosts home early, finish prepping either at the start, or before the show and put it on high and have it ready to serve by show's end. Yes, the ceramic egg cooker will affect stone EC sales [maybe it's sales are slumping anyway?], but PC did the R & D to figure out the food trends and gear toward what people would want. I think it looks like a great mug to reheat coffee or soup in. The grill indoors will be a hit because foodie people like sharing cooking and eating together. The multi grater, kind of like the MFProcessor vs. Food Chopper, gives our guests another choice. To market the kids DCB, just make either an artisan no-knead bread in the regular DCB and point to it in the catalog - "for those who want to get their kids involved in the kitchen, we have an awesome orange half-sized DCB that is so fun for them to use! Did you see the fun colors of our kids mixing bowls and tools set from last Fall?" From my experience, you lead folks using the catalog, and let them choose or not. I've only done 400-ish shows but that's what makes sense to me. What do others think?

Love your thinking....are there more opinions out there?

I'm with Scott. Negative reactions never scare me. :)While I don't see either the Slow Cooker Stand or the Indoor Outdoor Grill as particularly show-friendly, I do see them as great booking boosters. I plan to tell stories about how I've used the products rather than take them with me to shows. As for the kids' products, I've sold several to grandparents who are anxious to teach their grandchildren some kitchen skills. No, they aren't my big sellers, but they do start conversations about children in the kitchen. Those conversations have led to the sale of other products.

Has anyone tried to make thick medium well ribeye steaks using the grill indoors?

higoobs said:
Has anyone tried to make thick medium well ribeye steaks using the grill indoors?
Ive yet to receive my grill that was ordered on February 7. Its beyond my comprehension why there is a delay. I talked with Home Office about this and it seems that Chinese New Year delayed the shipment?? We are wondering if there was a flaw in the design or manufacturing of this product. Im sure they knew it was being introduced March 1 and would have had a warehouse full by the end of December 2016. I lost a March 1 show because the host wanted to see this in Action. Have another show on March 5.....and I am clueless if I will have it by then. In the meantime, Pampered Chef made sure they got my money for it.

otisbg said:
The Grill could be great for those "guy" shows though, or crowds who like to tail gate. And if you make it a party where everyone grills their own cut of meat and adds their own rub, it also adds a pantry element.For the Ceramic Egg Cooker, I was most excited about that for it's travel options and conveniences. My family and I travel a lot during the hockey season with our boys. It's not uncommon to have 1-2 hotel weekends a month. Sometimes games are so early, that we don't get to grab hotel breakfast before a game, so either have to find a local restaurant OPEN that early, or, we premake items to heat in the hotel microwave. This is small enough to cook a decent breakfast in my hotel microwave without having to take alot of supplies. Now, I know I'm probably the exception.
I think it can also be useful for COLLEGE students, singles, or people who might only be cooking for themselves in the morning (or dessert at night). The Multi-grate....probably not going to be a huge seller if someone already has a food processor. BUT it could be great for camping/campers. I'm not too crazy about the kids lines. So for me, I'd let the catalog sell it to those who it interests.

I earned a lot of free item. I'm taking the slow cooker base next week for a show. I'm doing my recipe on the stovetop and then gonnna pop it in the base to keep warm. Warning it does get hot to the touch...at least mine does!

Has anyone tried the Portable Grill yet?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
esavvymom