• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Accommodation: Tips for Attending Spring Launch 2012 in Atlanta

In summary, the Spring Launch meeting typically starts around 8:30am and ends around 5pm. Registration/check-in is earlier than that. If you are going to Omaha, be aware that the block PC for the meeting has already been sold out and that the rate may be higher than what you would pay at the meeting.
frozenchef
Gold Member
Hi everyone - this will be my first time attending Spring Launch since I live in Alaska, but my plan is to go to Spring Launch in Atlanta and hop over to visit my parents on the FL panhandle once it's over. To save money on a hotel, I want to fly to my parents shortly after we're done, but the times of it haven't been posted yet.
In past years, what time does the meeting traditionally start and end? I need to get my tickets this weekend and if I wait until registration opens in November I will be paying close to $1K!

I believe around 8:30-9am start times. Registration/check-in is a bit earlier than that.I want to say they finished by 5pm?

Here in IL, check in was at 7:30!

In Omaha last year I'm thinking ours ended around 4ish...and started at 9, with the earlier check in as others mentioned (though check in was very quick)

Thanks everyone! :)

I was thinking 8 to 4, but that might have been check-in that started at 8.

frozenchef said:
Hi everyone - this will be my first time attending Spring Launch since I live in Alaska, but my plan is to go to Spring Launch in Atlanta and hop over to visit my parents on the FL panhandle once it's over. To save money on a hotel, I want to fly to my parents shortly after we're done, but the times of it haven't been posted yet.
In past years, what time does the meeting traditionally start and end? I need to get my tickets this weekend and if I wait until registration opens in November I will be paying close to $1K!

We'll have to catch up when you get here!

Definitely NooraK :) I got my tickets earlier this month and we'll be flying in later afternoon on the day before and flying out at 10 p.m. the night of the spring launch - this way we can take our time and not rush before and after and I only have to pay for one night at a hotel. Between the short flight to my parents and the time change on the FL panhandle, we actually get there the same time we leave Atlanta ;) Then I get to spend a week in Florida, two blocks from the beach, two blocks from the outlet mall and across the street from the pool - plus my parents are there which hopefully will mean I'll get some breaks from "mommy time" - I am SOO excited! My sister is down there visiting now and she missed our first snowfall this week. 32 degrees or 68 at 11 p.m. at night? Yay!
And I have to mention I'm pretty excited that we finally have a launch meeting in WA for the Fall Launch - although ironically it's cheaper to fly to Long Beach, CA's meeting...still debating on that one...sorry - kind of random thoughts today...

frozenchef said:
Definitely NooraK :) I got my tickets earlier this month and we'll be flying in later afternoon on the day before and flying out at 10 p.m. the night of the spring launch - this way we can take our time and not rush before and after and I only have to pay for one night at a hotel. Between the short flight to my parents and the time change on the FL panhandle, we actually get there the same time we leave Atlanta ;) Then I get to spend a week in Florida, two blocks from the beach, two blocks from the outlet mall and across the street from the pool - plus my parents are there which hopefully will mean I'll get some breaks from "mommy time" - I am SOO excited! My sister is down there visiting now and she missed our first snowfall this week. 32 degrees or 68 at 11 p.m. at night? Yay!
And I have to mention I'm pretty excited that we finally have a launch meeting in WA for the Fall Launch - although ironically it's cheaper to fly to Long Beach, CA's meeting...still debating on that one...sorry - kind of random thoughts today...

Fantastic! We'll have to make some more specific plans closer to the date.

If you go to Long Beach, I'm sure Nancy (nanisu) will be there.

For those who were still needing the Hotel details and Conference site details (addresses), HO has reposted them back on CC. :D It pays to send them an email! Go back to the Spring Launch page, you'll see the link below the "Registration" button...or what used to be the button.

FYI If you are going to Omaha we were told the block PC had was sold out and they wanted to charge us a higher rate. We actually got a better deal from expedia.com. Non-refundable but since we know we are going that didn't matter to us, so is registration with PC. We got our room @ same hotel for $81+tax. :)

Meeting Details
Check In: 7:30 a.m.
Event Begins: 9 a.m.
Event Ends: 4 p.m.
This is posted on CC.

We are staying at a different hotel in Charlotte than the one PC had a block on but we did check and we were quoted a lower rate than the block rate if we would have gone there. It is important to check these things.

I've never used PC Travel arrangements. The rates are no better than what you can find on your own. But the cancellation policy is usually terrible (3 weeks notice?), vs 1 day regular. This time, we are at a different hotel (Hampton Inn Uptown Charlotte) because they had QUEEN Beds, and included WiFi and Breakfast. :) Same price.

For our SL in Lexington, our Block filled up very quickly. I called the HO and let them know that this had happened and asked if they could Un-Block more rooms for us. They did! (almost right away...) I wanted to respond to this thread as it appears several others may be having this problem and it made a huge difference in our hotel rate.

Full in Arlington as well, but we tried again and got a room...better rate than the PC rate. Not sure whats up with that, but we will definately take it...lol

Hi all! Anyone going to Launch in Baltimore that could pick up my goodie bag for me? I will pay shipping! One of the girls at work was in an accident and now I will not be able to get off on Saturday :(

JennLizFran said:
Hi all! Anyone going to Launch in Baltimore that could pick up my goodie bag for me? I will pay shipping! One of the girls at work was in an accident and now I will not be able to get off on Saturday :(

I don't think they will give it to anyone but you. Two years ago, most of my group couldn't go because of a nasty storm. I think they were able to get refunds of the registration (with proof of reason or something like that). Not completely sure on that, you may want to call ho about it.

darlinclem said:
I don't think they will give it to anyone but you. Two years ago, most of my group couldn't go because of a nasty storm. I think they were able to get refunds of the registration (with proof of reason or something like that). Not completely sure on that, you may want to call ho about it.

Yep. If you don't go you forfeit your goodies. From what they told me when I couldn't go last year the only way they do a refund is if you are a patient in the hospital (which I was) - I much rather would have been in Charlotte. They can't refund for weather - payments are made for the venue and preparations whether it's sunny or icy.

Well that stinks, sometimes things happen and I am really bummed! Unfortuantely my full-time job has to come first. :(

I was in a car accident the night before last year and my money was refunded. And one of our group picked me up a packet. Not sure how she did because someone else asked and was told no. I think it boils down to which person you ask.

I was in a car accident the night before last year and my money was refunded. And one of our group picked me up a packet. Not sure how she did because someone else asked and was told no. I think it boils down to which person you ask.

Hmmmm.....well then I am back to will someone ask and try! LOL ;)

I know you can't get a refund since it has to be an emergency situation but last year we had someone sick the day of and they let our director pick up her goodies for her.

JennLizFran said:

Don't know the rules...but would you be allowed to send someone in your place? Not sure if others have asked HO in the past about substitutes.

Spring Launch is Saturday and I can't wait ;) San Antonio for me. I just celebrated my 90 days in my new business and couldn't be happier about the timing! Any Advice for us 1st timer's?
I so am excited to see the new products!

kam said:
Don't know the rules...but would you be allowed to send someone in your place? Not sure if others have asked HO in the past about substitutes.

I'm not sure if it is "legal" but have heard of others going in place of someone and being "that person" for the day.

So what do you take to the actual conference center? I am thinking pen, paper, id, sweater. Do you get the free stuff at the beginning or end? Do I need a bag to carry it in? Thanks.Also are cameras and cell phones allowed? I am going to the feb 4 so I doubt we'd be sworen to secrecy. I am not going to post from the event or anything but pictures would be nice to have for later.

one of my recruits had to work at the last minute last year, she had just signed the month before. When I asked, they asked me her name and let me take the stuff to her.

They said we would get a tote - I am just bringing my purse and in there will be pens, small notebook, phone, camera. They will have water, but I do not know if there will be water bottles or pitchers, so I may bring a water bottle as I am a water drinker...and can easily refill that. I am also bringing mints or M & M's to munch on. I am going on the 4th too and CANNOT wait!!

So, so, so excited!!! Taking a sweater or at least dressing layers, as they typically crank the AC for larger conferences and I am a freeze-baby! And just like Linda, I am going to have a few things in my purse and look forward to receiving my tote and our free goodies!! Yaaaaay PC!

kimmiestone said:
Spring Launch is Saturday and I can't wait ;) San Antonio for me. I just celebrated my 90 days in my new business and couldn't be happier about the timing!

Any Advice for us 1st timer's?
I so am excited to see the new products!

Mingle & network with other consultants & directors. Ask for advice and tips from people you meet!

I didn't see anything saying we are getting a tote bag. It said a swag bag or something like that and we're getting new products. They could very well be in a tote bag, but it's more likely to be a cute decorated plastic bag.

Becca_in_MD said:
I didn't see anything saying we are getting a tote bag. It said a swag bag or something like that and we're getting new products. They could very well be in a tote bag, but it's more likely to be a cute decorated plastic bag.

I swear I saw something that said we'd get a tote but now I can't find it. I remember thinking "I wonder what color and style will it be because I have 2 men on my team who are attending..."

I don't think a tote given the cost of registration and the value of the products we're getting. I think I saw the word "chic" in a description of the goodie bag, but that may have come from my Exec.

This was in the last Decmeber 2011 PC wire::

•A chic goodie bag filled with new products and business materials

I am not taking an extra bag and hoping that this one will suffice.

I think the bag will suffice, just not expecting it to be a tote bag like we have gotten at conference in the past. I think it will be cute and fun, whatever they do.

Since they no longer have NC, maybe they will do something a little extra as far as the bag. We shall see tomorrow! ;)

1. What are some tips for saving on accommodation for Spring Launch 2012 in Atlanta?

Some tips for saving on accommodation for Spring Launch 2012 in Atlanta include booking your hotel room in advance, looking for deals and discounts, sharing a room with a colleague or friend, and considering alternative accommodations such as Airbnb or staying with family or friends in the area.

2. Is it common for attendees to stay with family or friends during Spring Launch in Atlanta?

Yes, it is common for attendees to stay with family or friends during Spring Launch in Atlanta to save on accommodation costs.

3. Can I fly to my destination shortly after the event ends to save on hotel costs?

Yes, flying to your destination shortly after the event ends can be a cost-effective option for saving on hotel costs. However, it's important to wait until the event schedule is posted so you can plan your travel accordingly.

4. What time does the meeting typically start and end during Spring Launch?

The meeting typically starts in the morning and ends in the late afternoon or early evening. However, the exact times may vary and will be posted closer to the event date.

5. Should I wait until registration opens in November to book my tickets?

It is recommended to book your tickets as soon as possible, even before registration opens in November. This will allow you to secure lower prices and potentially save up to $1,000 on your ticket.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefa
  • kdangel518