• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Garden Dreams: Time to Plant Fresh Corn!

In summary, A group of consultants have recently received their Kernel Cutters and Pineapple Wedgers. They are excited to use them and share tips with each other. One consultant suggests using the pineapple wedger to scrape off the remaining fruit from the peel, which works great and produces a whole prep bowl full of crushed pineapple. Another consultant suggests cross-selling the two items together. There is also a humorous discussion about using the kernel cutter for other purposes, such as removing corns from feet. One consultant emails Home Office with the cross-selling idea, which is well received. Overall, the consultants are excited to try out the pineapple wedger and share their tips and ideas with each other.
Bluiydangl
Just got mine today due to the backshipment and boy am I ready to get some fresh corn! :) Come on snow-- melt!!:love:

I got mine and the first thing I did was try to scrape pineapple off the peel after using the pineapple wedger. (I hate that it wastes so much good fruit). It works GREAT!! I got a whole prep bowl full of crushed pineapple just from one piece of the pineapple peel! I can't wait to show those two items and cross sell them!

I forgot I am getting one on BO for my sample supplies :)

BethCooks4U said:
I got mine and the first thing I did was try to scrape pineapple off the peel after using the pineapple wedger. (I hate that it wastes so much good fruit). It works GREAT!! I got a whole prep bowl full of crushed pineapple just from one piece of the pineapple peel! I can't wait to show those two items and cross sell them!

Cool cross-sell idea!

I just got mine yesterday, too! :) Can't wait to try it! I love that idea about the pineapple!

I received mine yesterday. I am looking forward to using. Thanks for the pineapple idea...I will have to try it!

Off to buy corn and another pineapple... Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

I just have to say the last time I was in Sally's Beauty Supply I was browsing through the foot creams and saw a "corn cutter" that looks EXACTLY like our kernal cutter. So you could always offer it as a rather functional item since we can use them on the tough parts of our feet, too!!! Ewww:yuck: I just grossed myself out. Well, at least we know where one PC muse is!:D

Get_Pampered said:
I just have to say the last time I was in Sally's Beauty Supply I was browsing through the foot creams and saw a "corn cutter" that looks EXACTLY like our kernal cutter. So you could always offer it as a rather functional item since we can use them on the tough parts of our feet, too!!! Ewww:yuck: I just grossed myself out. Well, at least we know where one PC muse is!:D

Oh my gosh! :yuck: But that would be a funny gag to show friends who have that type of sense of humor! LOL

That reminds me of a post several months back where some guest used her micr-plane grater as a "Ped Egg" EWWWWWWWW!!

Sounds like something out of Ann's "Potty Party," doesn't it?

You really need to send this idea to home office as a quick tip. It is an awesome tip and I am sure they would love it and pass it on to consultants

kristenlee said:
You really need to send this idea to home office as a quick tip. It is an awesome tip and I am sure they would love it and pass it on to consultants

Thanks for the suggestion - I just sent it to HO.

kristenlee said:

Using it for slicing corns off my foot? I don't think so. :yuck:

:yuck:gross!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks for the suggestion - I just sent it to HO.

Eww! Really? You did e-mail HO?! They are going to have a good chuckle with that tip suggestion! :yuck: :D

babywings76 said:
Eww! Really? You did e-mail HO?! They are going to have a good chuckle with that tip suggestion! :yuck: :D

I think she meant about getting rest of the pineapple off the peel.;)

babywings76 said:

No not about the feet! About the pineapple! LOL :rolleyes:

Jean emailed me back that she thought it was a great idea (cross selling with the pineapple wedger).

That is TOOO funny :p Thanks for the Pineapple tip....just got mine from backorder...will have to try it out!!

That is a GREAT tip! (the pineapple one, not the foot one). I had noticed on the video demo how much was wasted and I too had been put off by that. But this is an excellent idea!!
I am doing a show tomorrow afternoon and I had bought a pineapple to demo the wedger and just got the kernel cutter today, so I will have to take that along too. I also bought chocolate chips to melt in the microcooker so the guests can dip the pineapple in chocolate.

Thanks for the pineapple tip.

pampered.chris said:
That is a GREAT tip! (the pineapple one, not the foot one). I had noticed on the video demo how much was wasted and I too had been put off by that. But this is an excellent idea!!
I am doing a show tomorrow afternoon and I had bought a pineapple to demo the wedger and just got the kernel cutter today, so I will have to take that along too. I also bought chocolate chips to melt in the microcooker so the guests can dip the pineapple in chocolate.

Why are you demoing Spring products already? You can't sell them until March 1. My customers would be upset if I featured things they couldn't get yet. Give them a teaser - "wait till you see how awesome the new products are" and show/give new product brochures at checkout to generate bookings.

I think someone should contact HO about the kernal cutter doubling as a corn cutter for your feet in a pinch! I wonder what Jean would think of that. How about it KG?

BethCooks4U said:
No not about the feet! About the pineapple! LOL :rolleyes:

Jean emailed me back that she thought it was a great idea (cross selling with the pineapple wedger).

LOL Re-reading this I'm just shaking my head that I thought you were talking about the feet! :eek: :D :blushing: Oh that is too funny! I don't know why I assumed you were referring to the feet tip, I should have thought that through better. I think it's just the way the thread was going it just sounded so funny! :balloon:

Get_Pampered said:
straitfan said:
That reminds me of a post several months back where some guest used her micr-plane grater as a "Ped Egg" EWWWWWWWW!!
kcjodih said:
I think someone should contact HO about the kernal cutter doubling as a corn cutter for your feet in a pinch! I wonder what Jean would think of that. How about it KG?

Don't blame m...er...give me credit for it, I just stole the idea from Vicki and Christy.

Okay then, how about it ladies? It'd be sooo funny to see your ideas in an upcoming tip from HO :D

I am absolutely dying laughing here! I dont think I'll be able to demo the corn cutter with a straight face!

Cindycooks said:
I am absolutely dying laughing here! I dont think I'll be able to demo the corn cutter with a straight face!

You know that some guest is going to bring it up too!

Competitve Product Information for your showshttp://www.drscholls.com/includes/images/products/medium/Corn_remover_and_Cushions/26200_LiquidCorn_CallusRem_m.png http://www.drscholls.com/includes/images/products/medium/Corn_remover_and_Cushions/10013_CornRemovers_m.png

BethCooks4U said:

Holy cow, Beth! I bought a pineapple today and used my cutter, then the kernal cutter like you suggested...I LOVE it! What a great idea!

Can you imagine for like banana splits, smoothies, marinades, etc?

I thought I loved the idea of fresh pineapple slices, but I love the idea of freshed "crushed" pineapple even more! :)

BethCooks4U said:
Why are you demoing Spring products already? You can't sell them until March 1. My customers would be upset if I featured things they couldn't get yet. Give them a teaser - "wait till you see how awesome the new products are" and show/give new product brochures at checkout to generate bookings.

I do what Chris does sometimes as well - its a great booking tool - you explain they can't get them now but they should have a show in March april etc - expecially when they see how many others are interested - the Host appreciates it too since she can then get 10 percent off on top and her booking benefit - its the end of Feb and to fill those dates in March its a great asset!!!

PamperedDor said:
I do what Chris does sometimes as well - its a great booking tool - you explain they can't get them now but they should have a show in March april etc - expecially when they see how many others are interested - the Host appreciates it too since she can then get 10 percent off on top and her booking benefit - its the end of Feb and to fill those dates in March its a great asset!!!

I have to disagree. I used to do just that and I found that the majority, while they want to see what's new, don't want to be enticed with something they can't have and they tune out after that (in my experience). The new product brochure gets them excited at checkout. I have had several book at checkout because I showed the pics. I don't need to carry any extra products. ...now if I did a fair in February or August I would definitely take the new things - but not to shows.

1. Can you give me some tips on how to plant fresh corn in my garden?

Sure! First, choose a sunny spot in your garden with well-drained soil. Plant your corn seeds about 1 inch deep and 4-6 inches apart. Make sure to water regularly and keep weeds under control. As the corn grows, you may need to add support with stakes or a trellis.

2. When is the best time to plant fresh corn?

The best time to plant fresh corn is when the soil has warmed up to at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit. This typically happens in late spring or early summer, depending on your location. It's also important to wait until after the last frost to avoid damaging the young plants.

3. How long does it take for fresh corn to grow?

On average, fresh corn takes about 2-3 months to reach maturity. However, this can vary depending on the variety of corn and growing conditions. You can tell when the corn is ready to harvest by feeling for plump kernels and checking for a brown, dry husk.

4. Can I grow fresh corn in a container or do I need a garden?

While corn is typically grown in a traditional garden, it is possible to grow it in a container as long as the container is at least 12 inches deep and wide. Make sure to choose a dwarf or bush variety of corn and provide enough space for the roots to grow.

5. Do I need to fertilize my fresh corn plants?

Yes, corn is a heavy feeder and will benefit from regular fertilization. Before planting, mix in some compost or well-rotted manure into the soil. During the growing season, you can use a balanced fertilizer every 3-4 weeks to provide additional nutrients for the plants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Dayna
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views