• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is better to get first: Springform Pan or Torte Pan?

In summary, the old style torte pan is better than the new version because it has a removable bottom and is more useful.
turtle15
If I have neither, which is better to get first? I do have the old style torte pan.

Torte Pans for sure.

Go for the torte pans, much more useful.:thumbup:

I agree on the torte pan. Love all that you can do with it!!

I 4th the torte pans.

Torte pans here too...used much more often than a springform.

yep..torte!

That's funny - because I use my Spring Form Pan all the time - and I've never used my torte pan! Yep, I've never made a torte.:eek:

(we like cheesecake and flan - the only cake we usually eat is when it comes from Costco!)

torte pans all the way ...... though I love cheesecakes, the torte pans make baking a easy, elegant dessert so fun and yummy ... yep, torte pans!!

Kinda the same question here. Is there any reason I need the new version of the torte if I have the old? I already have all the other host specials but don't have the newer torte. I'm just about to submit a catalogue show and wasn't going to get the special but now I'm not sure. I'd rather save my $ for something else unless there's a good reason to get it.

The old version is a TART pan. There is a big difference.

Torte pan! A regular cake mix fits in it!

I'd go with the Torte Pans, easy and elegant looking!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's funny - because I use my Spring Form Pan all the time - and I've never used my torte pan! Yep, I've never made a torte.:eek:

(we like cheesecake and flan - the only cake we usually eat is when it comes from Costco!)

I actually am in complete agreement here, Becky, though we are a minority it seems! Though making cakes is fun in the torte pan, I think the springform pan is a better bet! I like making ice cream cakes, and they are a breeze in the springform pan. Also, banana cream supreme is one of my fave summer desserts!

janezapchef said:
I actually am in complete agreement here, Becky, though we are a minority it seems! Though making cakes is fun in the torte pan, I think the springform pan is a better bet! I like making ice cream cakes, and they are a breeze in the springform pan. Also, banana cream supreme is one of my fave summer desserts!

These are 2 other reasons I love my springform pan!

I guess it's a personal choice - it depends on what you are going to do more.
If you are going to bake a lot of cakes - then go with the torte pans.
If you would rather make more non-cake desserts, than the springform pan is incredible! I LOVE the fact that it has the glass bottom, and you can serve from it w/o scratching it!

So far, I haven't liked any of the PC torte pan recipes enough to recreate them at home. When I've sampled them, they've been good, just not something I'd want to make myself.

I agree with Becky too. I have both (and the old torte pans) and only use the springform. I keep saying I'm gonna use the torte but then don't...

BethCooks4U said:
I agree with Becky too. I have both (and the old torte pans) and only use the springform. I keep saying I'm gonna use the torte but then don't...

Me too!

I guess if I did desserts for demos, I might use it. But then, when I do a dessert for a demo (rarely), I want it to feature cookware or stoneware - so even then, I probably wouldn't.
If I ever do a dessert, it's usually either a trifle (with the cake/brownie part baked in stoneware) or a skillet cake. :)

janezapchef said:

I have to agree with you here....Banana Cream Supreme is 1 of my favorites! I think I'll try Strawberries this year.....

DebbieJ said:

Oh, I didn't realize that. I was looking through the recipes yesterday and I wondered what the tart pan was! I guess I have it.

My biggest thing with the torte pan is I think I am afraid to use the parchment paper. I am just not sure what to do with it.

DebbieJ said:

What is the difference??:confused: (I am a non-baker!):blushing:
Jen

I have made torte's, I used the parchment paper the first two times, I think too much work. Since I have made two with just spraying well with Baker's Joy and it has turned out great!

Tough question...

I have always had a Springform Pan - and there really is no substitute. The only reason I don't have a PC one is that the one I upgraded to a few years ago is a really nice one.

I broke down and bought the totre pans about 6 months ago. I really like them.

For me, I can live without the Torte Pans, but since we like cheesecake, I could not live without the Springform.

BUT...I bought the torte pans for shows. I really don't think I would ever make a cheesecake (or frozen ice cream cake) for a show - so I don't mind that I don't have a PC Springform pan.

But...if you want to do neat desserts at shows - the torte pans are definitely needed.

If you are looking for which one to buy for personal use, I would go by what YOU would like to make more often. If you are looking for which one will help your business more, my opinion would be the Torte Pnas as you can easily demo these at shows. JMO :)

I have both and have only used the torte pans. I'm not much of a baker though and never think to use the springform.

jross93 said:
What is the difference??:confused: (I am a non-baker!):blushing:
Jen

The tart pan has a removable bottom. It is designed to bake a tart with a crust.

The torte pan is designed to bake a cake which you flip out.

Hope that helps.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
The tart pan has a removable bottom. It is designed to bake a tart with a crust.

The torte pan is designed to bake a cake which you flip out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! One more question...can you bake a tart in a torte pan?

jross93 said:
Thanks! One more question...can you bake a tart in a torte pan?

You could try... You could bake the crust and then invert it (hopefully it wouldn't brake) then layer it with cream and fruit.

I was just searching though CC and in the download center they have the steps to making the parchment circle. I know someone said something about the parchment paper earlier in this thread.

Ok...so what recipes do you guys like in your chosen pan then? I've no clue what to make in either- outside of one or two traditional recipes (like cheesecake). I saw someone said a regular cake mix will fit in a tort pan? In one single, or in both divided?Tips on how to use them for us who obviously don't, yet. :D

Okay for the parchment paper, it's really easy!! You take a piece of parchment paper and fold it up like you would for making a paper snowflake. Then you just cut out half the diameter of the pan (in the torte pan's case 4"). You can even use the measuring strip on a cutting board to help with this part. Then you unfold and it's done!

I totally skip the parchment paper step and have never had a problem.

I like almost all of PC's torte recipes. The Peanut Butter Cup Torte is one of my all-time favorite desserts! I will be making the Mojito torte for our cluster meeting on Monday. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm not crazy about mint chocolate, but a while back we had a Silk Mint Torte that was fantastic!

My favorite cheesecake recipe is one I got online. It is called "Too good to wait for company cheesecake". It was fantastic! I made it for Thanksgiving! Not a crumb left. I changed it up for Thanksgiving though and added chocolate chip cookie dough and Imade the crust from Shortbread cookies. It was phenomenal!! I had some guests saying that they wished they had dessert first!

Last edited:
love my springform pan
Use it for:
cheesecakes
7 layer mexican dip
lasagna or other pasta dishes (makes a pretty presentation)
ice cream cakes
scalloped potatoes
my daughter has used it for a tiramisu recipe she found with the lady fingers around the edge

Teresa Lynn said:
love my springform pan
Use it for:
cheesecakes
7 layer mexican dip
lasagna or other pasta dishes (makes a pretty presentation)

ice cream cakes
scalloped potatoes
my daughter has used it for a tiramisu recipe she found with the lady fingers around the edge

Hmmm, now I'm curious... What exaxtly do you do with these? You bake them and serve them in or serve it kind of cheesecake style or what, never heard of making any of these in a springform pan. I have the new and old PC one and haven't used the new yet, mainly because we're trying to eat healthy and not have so many desserts, so can't make a cheesecake until I can find a special occasion (I'm thinking Easter!). Anyway, would be cool to have other uses for it... please share! Thank you! And maybe share your recipe for 7 layer mexican dip (love it!)

I say Torte Pan too! Just ordered the Springform Pan last night.

ChefBeckyD said:

My husband loves the springform (ours is old). He makes Black Tie Mousse Cake like Olive Garden has- it's the best thing I've ever eaten. Which reminds me, he hasn't made one in a while. Now I want one! ;)

Regular cake mixes fit in both divided. I skip the parchment paper and just spray them with Baker's Joy.
The parchment paper is only if you've added stuff to the cake mix that would make it stick, like fruit.

Does anyone know how deep the Springform pans is? And if you have the cake pans, do you know how deep those are? Thanks in advance

1. What is the difference between a Springform Pan and a Torte Pan?

A Springform Pan is a type of pan with a removable bottom and a latch on the side that allows the sides to be released and removed from the base, making it easier to remove delicate cakes or pastries without damaging them. A Torte Pan, on the other hand, is a round pan with straight sides and a removable bottom, typically used for baking layered cakes or tortes.

2. Which pan is better for making cheesecake?

A Springform Pan is typically the preferred choice for making cheesecake as it allows for easy removal of the delicate cake without ruining its shape. The sides of the pan can be easily released, making it easier to transfer the cake to a serving platter.

3. Can a Torte Pan be used as a Springform Pan?

No, a Torte Pan does not have a latch or removable sides, so it cannot be used as a Springform Pan. The two pans serve different purposes and have different designs to accommodate their specific uses.

4. If I only have the old style torte pan, should I get a Springform Pan or a new Torte Pan?

If you are primarily baking layered cakes or tortes, it may be better to invest in a new Torte Pan with a removable bottom for easier removal and presentation. However, if you frequently make delicate cakes or cheesecakes, a Springform Pan would be a useful addition to your kitchen.

5. Which pan is more versatile for baking different types of desserts?

Both the Springform Pan and Torte Pan have their unique uses, so it ultimately depends on the types of desserts you typically bake. However, if you are looking for a pan that can be used for a variety of desserts, a Springform Pan may be a better choice as it can also be used for making quiches, tarts, and other baked goods with delicate crusts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather101103
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heather101103
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies