• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Spouses: Do Most Attend? My Experience and Future Plans

In summary, ChefKearns' husband is coming with her to conference. He is not coming to any sessions, but he will be in the common areas and at the Executive Dinner.
AJPratt
Silver Member
How many take their spouses to conference? Mine isn't going this year, but may go next. So I was just wondering...

I brought ym hubby last year and he's coming this year as well.
It has it's +'s and -'s.
I like having him around to share in my excitement and we like to site-see in between events -- we also add a day to the beginning and end of the trip for sightseeing.
It's not-so-great when I see us paying $156/night for the room and everyon else paying $156 divided by four, know what I mean?
He is great as far as not getting upset when I wanna stay up late-night with the girls in my cluster and eat ice-cream and talk business. Some nights he even hangs out with us talking business. He is very interested in and involved in and supportive of my business so that helps - and my cluster adores him - LOL Last year he came to the general session when I walked and he came to the NSED dinner and the HO tour...this year he's not coming to anything (to save $) and he'll be sightseeing the whole time.
He doesn't particiapte in the spouse golfing stuff - he's not a golfer.
We're talking about him not coming next year to save some $$ but we shall see :)

We thought about him coming this year, but he didn't seem like he really wanted to, even though he is very supportive, so we just decided to skip it this year to try and save some $$'s.

My husband is coming with me to conference, but only to take care of our baby (our 4th). She was born on June 1st and I'm breastfeeding. I did not think I could express enough milk to be gone from a newborn for 5 days. I also didn't want to risk nipple confusion. We are both committed to breastfeeding so this year he is coming with me to conference.

I asked HO if he would be able to come to the general session and/or do a home office tour, but no one under the age of 18 is allowed to be in the sessions. He will be in the common areas with me and at the Executive Dinner. I would like him to come one year when we can go without any kids and experience some of the excitement.

I cannot wait for the product reveal!! They are always so much fun!

My husband is coming, but he is doing his own business. We own a hinge company and he has a lot of vendors and customers in Chicago. So, I'll be doing the PC thing and he'll be doing the Hinge thing. And it's a business trip on him!!:D Freebee for me!!:D

Well, at first my husband was OK with me going. I mean, he still is but now its sinking in... so my director was saying that next year if Dave goes, she'll take her husband. We socialize with them as a couple, so that may be fun for Dave. And hopefully, God willing, next year I'll have a little one!

ChefKearns: I remember you having your baby. Didn't you log on to chefsuccess from the hospital bed? LOL:p I commend you for your commitment to breast feeding. I really want to do the same when we have children.

1. Do most conference attendees bring their spouses?

It is common for many conference attendees to bring their spouses, but it ultimately depends on the individual and their personal circumstances. Some may choose to bring their spouse for a mini-vacation or to explore the conference location together, while others may prefer to attend alone to fully focus on the conference.

2. Is there a separate registration fee for conference spouses?

Some conferences may offer a discounted registration fee for spouses, while others may require them to pay the full registration fee. It is important to check with the specific conference for their policies and fees for spouses.

3. Are there any special activities or sessions for conference spouses?

Many conferences offer spouse programs or activities specifically tailored for them. These may include sightseeing tours, workshops, and networking events. It is best to check the conference schedule or inquire with the organizers for more information.

4. Can conference spouses attend all conference events with the attendee?

While some conferences may allow spouses to attend all events and sessions, others may have certain restrictions or require an additional fee for certain events. It is important to check with the conference organizers for their policies regarding spouses attending events.

5. Should I bring my spouse to a conference?

Bringing your spouse to a conference can be a great opportunity for them to explore a new location and for you to have some quality time together. However, it is ultimately a personal decision and depends on the conference schedule and your spouse's interest in attending. If they are not interested in the conference content, it may be better for them to stay home and join you for some leisure time after the conference instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • erinb