• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spiral & Slice: Share Your Thoughts Here

I think they put a wedge in there to hold it together while slicing.Yes, they do put a wedge in there to hold it together while slicing.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Spiral and Slice. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

Has anyone used this? Is it as easy as it looks on the video?

I want to know how easy it is to use. I earned it in the free for all but don't know when I'm getting my products. Can't wait to try it. I had decided I was going to buy it if it wasn't included, but Yeah! now I don't have to!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! Got it yesterday and have used it three times. My daughter and I love onion rings and a local restaurant here used to make onion haystacks with these incredibly thin onion strings. Last night I spiral sliced a whole onion, took a handful of onion strings, dipped them in buttermilk and then dredged in flour seasoned with Slap Ya' Mama and threw them in the fryer. Oh my gosh! They were soooooo good! It fried into this wonderful golden mound. Best onion rings ever. This morning, I sliced my onions to add to hash browns. The strings are so thin that they cook really quickly. We also spiral sliced potatoes and fried them. More like chips than fries. Can't wait to make pizza. I love veggies on my pizza but don't like the bulkiness. This is going to be great. I see a lot of spiral and slice sales in my future. Loving a product really does translate into sales.

Thank you for the great review! I'm waiting for this to arrive in my sample package. I'm thrilled to think that slicing veggies for pizza will be so easy! When I make homemade pizza, the toppings are thicker than the crust usually which translates to a lot of time slicing. If this can cut down on the time for me and make consistent, thin slices, I'll be totally sold!Shari in TX

So excited to get this after the review. This will so fun to demo at shows!

And it's really easy to use. Didn't take enough time reading the instructions at first and was a little befuddled as far as how to sprial slice. But it was my fault, not the instructions. For spiral slicing, you just cut the top and bottom off the onion, and only use the bottom casing the the top casing. Just push the onion or potato or whatever down on the center prong and push the top on well and twist. It's so cool!

I know....can't wait to make pizza! I would do that tonight but tonight I'm going to try out the RockCroc.
Shari in TX said:
Thank you for the great review! I'm waiting for this to arrive in my sample package. I'm thrilled to think that slicing veggies for pizza will be so easy! When I make homemade pizza, the toppings are thicker than the crust usually which translates to a lot of time slicing. If this can cut down on the time for me and make consistent, thin slices, I'll be totally sold!Shari in TX

Also can't wait to make stir fry and use the spiral and slice on carrots. I usually use the simple slicer but don't much care for doing carrots with it. Now i can make paper thin slices of carrots that I don't have to cook longer than my other veggies. Yeh!

I tried mine out and made the ribbon salad. It took me awhile to figure out what to do with the carrots. The salad was good, but the spiral cut cucumber was in really long spirals. Does anyone have a suggestions for spiraling cucumbers and onions so that you can pick them up with a fork for a bite? I ended up using the kitchen shears, but that wouldn't be go great for a demo.

bcowdin said:
Does anyone have a suggestions for spiraling cucumbers and onions so that you can pick them up with a fork for a bite? I ended up using the kitchen shears, but that wouldn't be go great for a demo.
I have not used mine yet but have been thinking about this issue. When we get the apple spiral from the APCS, we can straighten the spiral and cut once (just through one side of the circle) to get rounds. If you cut all the way through, you get slices. If you CAN straighten the pieces (put the carrot/cucumber back together -- which you may not be able to) this should work OR is the fact that there is no hole (it's not coring the item) a problem?

I dont have mine yet, but didnt the video show them putting wedges in and slicing those?

bcowdin said:
I tried mine out and made the ribbon salad. It took me awhile to figure out what to do with the carrots. The salad was good, but the spiral cut cucumber was in really long spirals. Does anyone have a suggestions for spiraling cucumbers and onions so that you can pick them up with a fork for a bite? I ended up using the kitchen shears, but that wouldn't be go great for a demo.
Cut the cucumber (or other veggies) into a shorter length before spiraling it. That should give more manageable pieces.

Thanks BethCooks4U. I think that might work, except you are supposed to push the cucumber down on a little center post. I will try and see what happens.Chef Jeanine, it sliced the cucumber rather thin. I don't know if I could put the spiral back together. Oh, I was not successful in spiral cutting a carrot, but I did slice it.

I was able to stack the spiraled cucumber back together and slice it, but it looks better spiraled. I cut several smaller pieces of cucumber and stacked them, but that didn't work since only the bottom one was stuck on the post. It occured to me that maybe I could partially slice through the cucumber before I spiral sliced it, but ran out of cucumber to try. If that doesn't work, I will just put smaller pieces in one at a time. I don't fry, but when I get some smaller onions, I am going to spiral slice some onions and potatoes and cook with with olive oil and garlic in a stone. I'll let you know how that works.

If you use the divider piece you get small pieces as opposed to a long spiral. Check out the use and care for instructions.

The recipe on the use and care pamphlet calls for spiraling the cucumber. My point is, if the cucumber is spiraled, a person who picks up cucumber with the tongs will get a very long spiral and will take away a large portion of the cucumber in the salad. The divided piece slices, not spirals.

My samples arrived today and the first thing we did was spiral slice three apples for my three kids. They loved it and all thought the apple tasted great in spiral form! :)For dinner tonight, I thinly sliced zucchini, onion and yellow squash with it and sautéed them as a side dish. They worked great. It basically works just like the garlic slicer only a lot bigger. I can see that I'm going to be using this a lot!Shari in TX

where on the website do we find the video?

Shari in TX said:
My samples arrived today and the first thing we did was spiral slice three apples for my three kids. They loved it and all thought the apple tasted great in spiral form! :)For dinner tonight, I thinly sliced zucchini, onion and yellow squash with it and sautéed them as a side dish. They worked great. It basically works just like the garlic slicer only a lot bigger. I can see that I'm going to be using this a lot!Shari in TX
Do you core the apple first or just slice away?

I used the spiral and slice for potatoes , sprayed with olive oil, with my new kitchen spritzer and a little seasoning cooked them on the stone in the oven , they were good , some i needed to space out a little more to cook more evenly

BethCooks4U said:
Do you core the apple first or just slice away?

Oh, yeah, I cored it first.

Shari in TX

1. What is Spiral & Slice?

Spiral & Slice is a versatile kitchen gadget from Pampered Chef that makes spiralizing and slicing vegetables quick and easy.

2. How do I use Spiral & Slice?

To use Spiral & Slice, simply insert your desired blade into the gadget, secure the vegetable onto the spikes, and turn the handle to create spirals or slices.

3. Can I use Spiral & Slice for all types of vegetables?

Spiral & Slice can be used for a variety of vegetables, including zucchini, carrots, cucumbers, and more. It is not recommended for use with extremely hard vegetables like sweet potatoes.

4. Is Spiral & Slice dishwasher safe?

Yes, all parts of Spiral & Slice are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

5. What are the benefits of using Spiral & Slice?

Spiral & Slice allows you to easily incorporate more vegetables into your meals, making it a great tool for those looking to eat healthier. It also saves time in the kitchen by quickly spiralizing and slicing vegetables for salads, stir-fries, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Luvz2cook4u
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies