• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Spiral Ham in the DCB - Erin's Questions

In summary, the Pampered Chef consultant recommends using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to cook a 7 lb spiral ham for best results. If using the oven, preheat to 375°F and cook the ham for 20-25 minutes per pound. If using the microwave, cook on high for 10 minutes, then reduce to 50% power and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Always use a meat thermometer to check for desired doneness.
emo812
Has anyone cooked/heated a Spiral Ham in the DCB?

I have a 7 lb spiral ham that I would like to cook in the DCB but not sure if I should do it in the oven or microwave and for how long. Any info would be great!

Thanks so much!!

Erin

What size is it? Will it fit in the DCB with the lid on? Is that what you had in mind? I think I'd probably go about it the traditional way and cook it in the oven. :)

It's 7 lbs and it will fit with lid on. I just wasn't sure if I'm still doing the time on the package or longer. I'd love to do it in the microwave but not sure how long to do it for.

We always do ours in the DCB -- in the oven, though. Never tried it in the Microwave. It's amazing, though!

, as a pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is a fantastic tool for cooking a spiral ham. The even heat distribution and moisture retention in the DCB will result in a perfectly cooked and juicy ham. To cook a 7 lb spiral ham in the DCB, I recommend preheating your oven to 375°F and placing the ham in the DCB with the cut side down. Cover the DCB with the lid and cook for 20-25 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. If you prefer a more well-done ham, you can cook it for an additional 10-15 minutes.If you prefer to use the microwave, place the ham in the DCB with the cut side down, cover with the lid, and cook on high for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the power to 50% and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.As always, make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the ham is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the spiral ham before cooking it in the DCB?

Before cooking the spiral ham in the DCB, it is important to thaw it completely if it was frozen. Then, remove any packaging and pat it dry with paper towels. Score the top of the ham in a criss-cross pattern and place it in the DCB with the cut side facing down.

2. What temperature should I set the DCB to when cooking a spiral ham?

The recommended temperature for cooking a spiral ham in the DCB is 325°F. This will ensure that the ham cooks evenly and reaches a safe internal temperature.

3. How long should I cook the spiral ham in the DCB?

The cooking time for a spiral ham in the DCB will vary depending on its size. As a general rule, cook the ham for 15-20 minutes per pound. Use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 140°F for a fully cooked ham.

4. Can I add any glaze or seasoning to the spiral ham before cooking it in the DCB?

Absolutely! You can use any glaze or seasoning of your choice on the spiral ham before cooking it in the DCB. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the packaging and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. How do I know when the spiral ham is fully cooked in the DCB?

To ensure that the spiral ham is fully cooked in the DCB, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should reach 140°F for a fully cooked ham. You can also check for tenderness and make sure the juices run clear when the ham is pierced with a knife.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• corichef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Blueskychef