1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Spinach Carbonara review

1. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I know this is a last season SB recipe, but I finally made it last night. I did add seasoned chicken breast pieces to it to make it meatier, and I have to say this was FABULOUS!!! I used PC's pizza crust as well and it was great. I also did a bad, bad thing in that after I cooked the bacon pieces, I wilted the spinach with the garlic in the bacon grease but then drained it off really well with a ton of paper towels. Bad, I know - but oh, oh so good!!!! :sing:

May 12, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

We love this recipe at my house! I often use frozen/thawed/drained spinach for this recipe, and just add in the garlic. This is my 4 yr olds favorite pizza!

May 12, 2009
  3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Always a big success at my shows! So easy to put together and the flavor is amazing! Showing the guests they can make a "gourmet" pizza, for a lot less and in no time is always well received.

4. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

This was served last night at our cluster meeting and I did hear one person say it was salty. Maybe it was the type of bacon? I didn't try it so I can't say personally.

May 12, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Love this one for home and demos...

May 12, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It can be the Alfredo Sauce too...some are much saltier than others.

May 12, 2009
  7. smilesarepriceless

smilesarepriceless Advanced Member Gold Member

i also love this recipe. I have always just used fresh spinach, but would like to try one time with frozen spinach to just see the comparison.

8. cookingwith_tara

cookingwith_tara Advanced Member

I like it taste-wise but CAN NOT stand the smell of the spinach after cooking it in the microwave. I literally thought I would be sick the first time I made this at a show. One of the guests asked if I felt alright because I looked a little green. :yuck: So for now on, I get someone else to take the lid off the bowl while I am at the other end of the table. Other than that - it tastes yummy!

9. michelletx

michelletx Novice Member

I love this for a demo and for home! My husband has actually requested this one a couple of times!

May 19, 2009
Have something to add?