• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Our Delicious Spinach Carbonara Pizza with Frozen Spinach

In summary, members of the conversation have discussed and shared their experiences with making a Spinach Carbonara Pizza. Some have used frozen spinach as a substitute for fresh spinach, and have recommended draining and heating it with garlic for a milder flavor. Others have suggested using a salad spinner to remove excess moisture from the spinach. One member has also shared tips for making the pizza easier, such as using pre-cooked bacon or a different brand of alfredo sauce. However, one person had a negative experience with the recipe, finding the alfredo sauce too salty. They plan to try a different brand and possibly add other ingredients next time.
shorelinecef
Has anyone tried making the Spinach Carbonara Pizza? :confused:
It looks delicious, but fresh spinach has been recalled in my area. Anyone had any luck using frozen spinach? I think it would be a great recipe to offer through the holidays as it seems to be one that could convert to an appetizer fairly easily.
Thanks in advance, everyone!

shorelinecef said:
Has anyone tried making the Spinach Carbonara Pizza? :confused:
It looks delicious, but fresh spinach has been recalled in my area. Anyone had any luck using frozen spinach? I think it would be a great recipe to offer through the holidays as it seems to be one that could convert to an appetizer fairly easily.
Thanks in advance, everyone!

I love this recipe! Yes, you can make it w/ frozen spinach! I've done it several times for here at home. It's my 5 yr old's favorite pizza!

Make sure you drain/squeeze all of the liquid from the spinach, and then heat it with the garlic in the batter bowl. You don't necessarily need to do this step, but it mellows the flavor of the garlic. (DS won't eat it if the garlic is too overpowering)
One really great way to get the liquid out of the spinach is to use the Salad Spinner, if you have it. Line the small bowl with 2-3 sheets of paper towel, put the spinach in there, and spin away!

ChefBeckyD said:
One really great way to get the liquid out of the spinach is to use the Salad Spinner, if you have it. Line the small bowl with 2-3 sheets of paper towel, put the spinach in there, and spin away!

Thanks for this tip! I had never thought of using the salad spinner. I make a spinach dip and always just pat it dry with paper towels. I never get all the moisture out, so I'll try the spinner. Thanks!

I love the Spinach Carbonara Pizza! And so far everyone that I've made it for has loved it too! It's been a while since I've made it but there are a couple things... don't use the total amount of sauce, it is way too much, and it was easier to spread the spinach if you mix it with the sauce first and then spread them together. Either way it tastes great, just makes it easier to spread. Enjoy!

I made the spinach carb pizza for my family the other night. They are my guinea pigs before I offer it to my hosts. While I think it looked delicious and beautiful, It got thumbs down from my family. I was really disappointed because I thought it would be a WOW dinner! I found that 1 full cup of alfredo sauce was a bit to much. I used the Ragu al fredo sauce in the jar. It was so overwhelmingly salty, totally took away the other flavors. I also used the frozen spinach and pressed it in the 7'" strainer to get all the water out. I think I am going to try a different brand al fredo sauce next time, maybe Bertolli. I want to compare the sodium content to other brands. I may also try it with chopped brocolli and pepers too. The first time I make a recipe, I always follow the directions exactly. Then If I don't love it I tweak it up a bit till I get it just right. I really think it was the al fredo sauce that ruined it.
Curious to know what other brands you use.!
When I am doing a cooking show, I like to use as many products that I can.
But when I am home, I can always find a way to make it easier. For one- the bacon you could either buy pre-cooked or just cook it in the microwave them chop it up, instead of cutting it and having a pan to wash.

lisasfuncooking said:
I made the spinach carb pizza for my family the other night. They are my guinea pigs before I offer it to my hosts. While I think it looked delicious and beautiful, It got thumbs down from my family. I was really disappointed because I thought it would be a WOW dinner! I found that 1 full cup of alfredo sauce was a bit to much. I used the Ragu al fredo sauce in the jar. It was so overwhelmingly salty, totally took away the other flavors. I also used the frozen spinach and pressed it in the 7'" strainer to get all the water out. I think I am going to try a different brand al fredo sauce next time, maybe Bertolli. I want to compare the sodium content to other brands. I may also try it with chopped brocolli and pepers too. The first time I make a recipe, I always follow the directions exactly. Then If I don't love it I tweak it up a bit till I get it just right. I really think it was the al fredo sauce that ruined it.
But when I am home, I can always find a way to make it easier. For one- the bacon you could either buy pre-cooked or just cook it in the microwave them chop it up, instead of cutting it and having a pan to wash.

I agree, it is waaaay too much sauce! It is too overwhelming, but it you cut the sauce back it is really good, I think that I've used both of those brands... also used a flavored alfredo sauce once and that was good (roasted red pepper maybe?:confused:), I think the key is just cutting back on it... My husband liked it, my kids did not, but they are pretty fussy. I tried it with turkey bacon once to try to skinny it up and it just wasn't the same.

lisasfuncooking said:

The Ragu is VERY salty, I agree. I like Bertolli, or Classico, but my favorite is the refrigerated one - Buitoni...or something like that. (it's in the case with the refrigerated pastas) It's also very simple & quick to make an alfredo sauce too.

Does anyone have a recipe for an easy alfredo sauce? Maybe that could show off more products?

chrissiemcneil said:
Does anyone have a recipe for an easy alfredo sauce? Maybe that could show off more products?

Here is one that I've used - I think it's from Allrecipes.com....It seems like I've used one from there too that calls for cream cheese, although a cream cheese one wouldn't be as authentic. (lower in calories though!)

Ingredients

* 1/4 cup butter
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 clove garlic, crushed
* 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and serve.

Yup I made it last week. Everyone loved it, but it had too much sauce as others have said. Next time I will cut WAAAAY back :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Spinach Carbonara Pizza?

To make a Spinach Carbonara Pizza, you will need pizza dough, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, cooked bacon, cooked spinach, and grated parmesan cheese.

2. How do I cook the spinach for the pizza?

To cook the spinach for your pizza, simply sauté it in a pan with a little bit of oil until it wilts down. Make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid before adding it to the pizza.

3. Can I use a pre-made pizza crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made pizza crust for convenience. Just make sure to follow the package instructions for baking times.

4. Can I substitute the Alfredo sauce for something else?

Yes, you can substitute the Alfredo sauce for a white sauce or even a red sauce if you prefer. Just keep in mind that it may alter the flavor of the pizza.

5. How long should I bake the Spinach Carbonara Pizza for?

The pizza should be baked for about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to keep an eye on it to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
esavvymom