• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Spinach Carbonara Pizza Recipe with Interactive Cooking Tips

:)I made this tonight and it turned out awesome. I used the sauce recipe from the book as a base, and made the pizza dough without specifying how many pieces to make, and I think that was the best decision I made. I don't know why but some of the pizza crusts were too chewy for my liking. I'm not a fan of spinach either but I LOVED the tortilla chips. They're my favorite! My husband did not care for the pizza and
alleyopal
:balloon:Yumm!!! This is so delicious!!! I've started doing interactive shows, and this recipe uses alot of tools so everyone is able to do something! I loved loved loved this pizza. I made this for dinner and made the buffalo wings to go with it. They were wonderful! I just love opening the DCB and seeing how quickly and easily chicken cooks!!!

Mmmm - I have this one earmarked to try, as well as the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip and the Taffy Apple Tartlets. Those are my favorites from first sight, and I'm thinking of offering those 3 this fall.

alleyopal said:
:balloon:Yumm!!! This is so delicious!!! I've started doing interactive shows, and this recipe uses alot of tools so everyone is able to do something! I loved loved loved this pizza. I made this for dinner and made the buffalo wings to go with it. They were wonderful! I just love opening the DCB and seeing how quickly and easily chicken cooks!!!

I can't wait to try both of these! I made the artichoke dip already (ate the whole thing for dinner -- shame on me) and we're doing the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad and Classic Mini Cheeseburgers at our cluster meeting tomorrow night. I think I'm gonna make the Microwave Chicken Chili for dinner tonight.

I really wanna make the pizza and wings together now, but that's way too much food for lil ole single me. :(

cathyskitchen said:
Mmmm - I have this one earmarked to try, as well as the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip and the Taffy Apple Tartlets. Those are my favorites from first sight, and I'm thinking of offering those 3 this fall.

Yes, I thought those sounded really good too. Wish I had the torte pans to try the new torte!

I am going to get the ingredients for the pizza when I go to the store, later today! It does look so good! Thanks for letting us know that it's yummy and worth making!!:thumbup:;):D

I think I have earmarked All the New recipes! lol I can't wait to try them all!

This is the first thing I thought of making out of the new book - And then the cheeseburgers - gonna love the brie I think -

Keith - Let us know how the chicken satay pasta salad is - I might make that one soon too!

We made this last night & it was delish!! Here's the funny part---I don't like alfredo & my husband doesn't like spinach. Give it a try---it's fantastic!

PamperedDor said:
Keith - Let us know how the chicken satay pasta salad is - I might make that one soon too!

I'm not Keith, but I made this for dinner last night and everyone loved it. I actually have some leftover's for lunch today. :)

There are so many goos ones in this SB from looking. Normally I only want to try one or two but this time I want to try most all of them. I like that there are so many new ones this times and not a lot of repeats.

I made this on Sat night.... OH YUMMIE.. The only thing I would do different would back off the alfredo sauce a smidge... Maybe 3/4 cups instead of 1 cup. I also added some chicken that I had in the freezer for a little extra... It was yummieee...

I did the pizza for the other day and it was a hit all around! If you have a guest or two who really thinks they hate spinach, just leave a section without the spinach. It's still great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pizza and will be making it at home alot.

I am off to the market now to get the ingredients for the pizza. We have a family gathering tonight! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks for the tip on less Alfredo...

I'll be making that pizza this weekend,..it sounds yummy!

I already made the chocolate peanut butter torte....super rich! I have 2 teenage boys and they loved it! I had them invite their friends over to help finish it off. You'll definately need a big glass of milk to go with it!

My DH is not a fan of spinach and I want to try this recipe soooo bad. Does it have a strong spinach flavor?

My darn oven is on the frits so I have been reduced to drooling over the picture. I have to start watching my diet too...now it isn't just my pants, but my blood work is starting to show it too.:(

I made this tonight for dinner, it was great and I don't like spinach...
I actually used MORE alfredo, I love alfredo, so it didn't bother me at all! I will try the other suggestion of putting chicken in though next time...oh, and I don't like bacon either and it was a mild flavor, not overpowering at all!
I got the ingredients to make the Satay on Monday night!

I made this tonight and it was yummo! I agree that it would be great for interactive recipe!:thumbup:

Has anyone made this with frozen spinach?

I'm going to try it tomorrow.

ChefBeckyD said:
Has anyone made this with frozen spinach?

I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Sounds like one to try! I want to make the artichoke bread bowl one soon too!

Can't beat frozen spinach! 78 cents a box here.

(I can't believe I am saying that...)

Growing up my mom (who doesn't cook well) would always make liver and onions for dinner with cooked spinach. My brother and I were so tortured by the smells that we'd hide in our rooms and skip dinner. Once I could drive we took off on those nights and would go get our own food! :yuck:

I didn't TOUCH spinach until a few years ago. Now I :love: dips with spinach in them. ...still can't quite eat it cooked and by itself though...it has to be in something. I'm working on that though...

Brand of sauce for Spinach Carbonara Pizza!Could anyone share which brand of alfredo sauce you used? I'm not fond of alfredo and the grocery store has 8 different kinds, so could someone point me in a tasty direction? Thanks!

I actually don't ever buy jar sauce - I make my own - and all from staples in the kitchen -

melt butter
add low fat sour cream (or regular)

melt together over medium heat and add parmesan cheese (grated of course)
Pepper to taste -

I add the parm cheese till it get to the consistancy I like - so its all up to you - tastes delish!

Hmmm. Never thought about making it myself. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Jenny - its so easy - and we always have that stuff in the fridge - through in some left over chicken over some pasta - dinner is done in 15 minutes!

I used Classico brand, regular creamy alfredo. It was good. The only problem was that I got majorly distracted while making this for dinner the other night and used the WHOLE jar of sauce!!! What on earth was I thinking?!!!! I felt like I should've cooked some pasta to go with it, there was so much sauce oozing out. LOL

Made this for dinner last night, and my DS and DH didn't care for it, but I could have predicted that! Anyone have any tips for evenly distributing the cooked spinach over the surface of the pizza? My spinach was kind of in a blob in the batter bowl, and I actually had to pull it apart with my fingers and kind of lay it on the pizza. Any other techniques?

At our August cluster meeting everyone was encouraged to try out a new recipe from the SB. Someone made the pizza and it was very good. She used the frozen spinach and said she did a couple different things to get as much water out of it as possible, including placing it in the S&B spinner on paper towels. Just a tip for those using frozen!

On another note, the Taffy Apple Tartlets were REALLY good, and so were the Peppermint Cookie Sandwiches (don't know the "actual" name for those offhand). I made the Tirimisu Trifle and it went over pretty well...wasn't much leftover to bring home. :) Just as a side note, I didn't have any instant coffee to put in it, so I substituted the Mocha Hazelnut Sprinkles instead. It turned out to be a great way to cross-sell those.

I was using Classico's but the store was out one day and I bought Ragu brand! It was really tasty so I use that now! ( I add a little pepper to the sauce )

straitfan said:
Made this for dinner last night, and my DS and DH didn't care for it, but I could have predicted that! Anyone have any tips for evenly distributing the cooked spinach over the surface of the pizza? My spinach was kind of in a blob in the batter bowl, and I actually had to pull it apart with my fingers and kind of lay it on the pizza. Any other techniques?

I used my salad tongs to pull the spinach out of the bowl and place it around the pizza - My DH and friends LOVED it (ha - didn't save any for the kids!) I am actually going to make everything again except no crust - I will make my alfredo sauce, spinach mixture and bacon pieces and add cooked penne to it in my skillet - then top it with the mozzella cheese and bake at 350 tilll the cheese melts, possible top with a grilled chicken cutlet! I will let you know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried this and thought it was yummy! I, too, would back off on the alfredo sauce and my DH feels it needs twice as much spinach--we are greens lovers!

pamperedpals said:
I made this for dinner last night and everyone loved it. I actually have some leftover's for lunch today. :)

We have eaten these for dinner and then had them as leftovers, and they reheat REALLY well on a stone! :)

leftymac said:
I can't wait to try both of these! I made the artichoke dip already (ate the whole thing for dinner -- shame on me) and we're doing the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad and Classic Mini Cheeseburgers at our cluster meeting tomorrow night. I think I'm gonna make the Microwave Chicken Chili for dinner tonight.

I really wanna make the pizza and wings together now, but that's way too much food for lil ole single me. :(

LOVE the mini cheeseburgers! My 17 year has told all his friends about them ...so now they stop and buy hamburger meat and hotdog buns before coming over for me to fix them some. Lucky me! But the good news is I'm getting some great sales from it~~cause I've started passing out catalogs to their Moms:D I'm making the pizza sometime this week ..can't wait to try it.

I buy Ragu Alfredo sauce and it is the best!! They even have it in different flavors besides just original. The garlic is great!! I am going to have to try making my own though, would be cheaper. I have wanted to for a while, just didn't have a recipe I liked, but I will go with Dor's and see how it goes. How much butter and sour cream?

I will be making it at my Mystry Host this Friday and will try Dor's sauce.;)

I bought the Ragu Roasted Garlic.

I keep saying I'm going to make this, and then end up doing something else. But when I do make it, I want to do it like the recipe states - with the purchased Sauce. Although it wouldn't be unusual for me to make my own sauce, my objective is to show my hosts and guests a meal they can make simply in less than 30 minutes, and I know that many of them would tune me out if I started in on making a homemade sauce.

My homemade sauce takes the same time as heating a jar sauce in the sauce pan - and it actually is from staples in your fridge and costs much less - when I do it at shows I will most likely use the jarred sauce but will definately tell my customers how they can do this and save a little $ too!

I'm bringing this to my cluster meeting tonight. Although I'm wondering if it's going to be okay served cold/lukewarm. We are having our meeting at my director's house as a family picnic, so I'm wondering if my pizza will be cold by the time I get there and we have everyone ready to start the meeting and eat. Anyone know if it's okay cold? Sounds gross to me. I wonder if my director can keep her oven on warm and let me keep it in there till it's time to eat. I think I'll call her and see. Okay, so am I silly for posting this now? ;)

it's still good after it has cooled down. DH and I really liked this. :)

DebbieJ said:
it's still good after it has cooled down. DH and I really liked this. :)

I totally agree - I absolutely love this! I could eat it cold!!! LOL!

babywings76 said:
I'm bringing this to my cluster meeting tonight. Although I'm wondering if it's going to be okay served cold/lukewarm. We are having our meeting at my director's house as a family picnic, so I'm wondering if my pizza will be cold by the time I get there and we have everyone ready to start the meeting and eat. Anyone know if it's okay cold? Sounds gross to me. I wonder if my director can keep her oven on warm and let me keep it in there till it's time to eat. I think I'll call her and see. Okay, so am I silly for posting this now? ;)

There's no such thing as bad cold pizza. Cold pizza makes the best breakfast ever!

has anyone tried this recipe with pizza dough instead of refrigerated pizza crust?

PamperedDor said:

I not Keith either ~ but I demoed this at my last team meeting and it was a HIT!

I made this recipe Sunday. We really like it. My only changes would be to add more bacon and use the new Pillsbury Thin Crust Pizza dough. It is perfect for the Large Bar Pan.

alleyopal said:

OK just made the Spinach Carbonara Pizza and a double batch of Creamy One Pot Pasta for our church pot luck tonight. I've got the pizza made up to step 5 where you put it back in the oven for 7-10 minutes...I'm going to do that at the church. So we will see how it turns out by doing like this.:chef:

Pizza came out great and was all gone! PLUS ;) I sold 2 bar pans and 4 SB books and I got a show booked!!! So needless to say I'm doing the Happy, Happy Dance!

Congratulations!

I actually don't ever buy jar sauce - I make my own - and all from staples in the kitchen -

melt butter
add low fat sour cream (or regular)

melt together over medium heat and add parmesan cheese (grated of course)
Pepper to taste -

I rarely buy jar spaghetti or alfredo souce - expensive, way too salty, and the spaghetti sauces are also too sweet.
I do my alfredo with half&half and parmesan.
A good variation uses heavy cream, parm, and a little butter if I can find time to fit in extra excecise.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Spinach Carbonara Pizza?

To make this delicious pizza, you will need the following ingredients: pizza dough, olive oil, garlic, spinach, cooked bacon, eggs, milk, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions according to your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, or you can use a plant-based milk instead of regular milk.

3. What tools do I need to make this recipe?

This recipe uses a few tools from Pampered Chef, including the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Microplane® Adjustable Grater. However, if you do not have these specific tools, you can use a covered baking dish and a regular grater as well.

4. How do I make the interactive cooking aspect work?

The interactive cooking aspect of this recipe involves assigning tasks to different participants, such as grating the cheese or cracking the eggs. This adds a fun and interactive element to the cooking experience. Simply follow the instructions and assign tasks accordingly.

5. How long does it take to cook this pizza in the DCB?

The cooking time may vary slightly depending on your oven, but in general, it takes about 20-25 minutes to cook this pizza in the DCB. It is always recommended to check for doneness by inserting a knife in the center of the pizza and making sure it comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shorelinecef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies