1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Spinach and Artichoke Dip

1. Molly Jo

Molly Jo Member Gold Member

I am making the spinach and artichoke dip tomorrow night and I could only find regular frozen spinach and the recipe calls for creamed spinach. Will regular spinach work? This is my first time making it. Also I am doubling the recipe, can I bake it in the square baker? Thanks

Feb 2, 2006
  2. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I had a show once where I made the crab and artichoke dip. I accidentally purchased the ingredients for the spinach artichoke. I found the creamed spinach in the frozen section in the little boxes of Green Giant. I know that really doesn't answer your question, but I thought I would tell you that just incase you didn't look in that section. It's not with the plain frozen veggies, but the ones with sauce (carrots and butter, cauliflower and cheese etc....)

3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

You must...

use creamed spinach! It is totally different than frozen spinach! The advice above is wonderful...because when I first looked for the creamed spinach I couldn't find it either...I was looking in the wrong place! :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2006
  4. HJPChef

HJPChef Novice Member

Fyi

I always buy Stouffer's creamed spinach and it isn't in the vegetable section. it's in with the Stouffer's brands in the freezer section. . . hope that helps.

Feb 5, 2006
  5. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

I don't like the creamed spinach, so I always use regular chopped spinached instead. Always works for me.

Here's the recipe I use! I calls for frozen chopped spinach NOT creamed. It came from the Classics cookbook that's retired. Sorry the recipe looks so bad but as you can tell it gets made alot! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
    Feb 6, 2006
Have something to add?