• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DIY Spider Batter Bowl Cake: Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Creepy Creation

In summary, spider batter bowls can be made with either chocolate or black frosting, black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs, 2 Lg. marshmallows for eyes, and brown or red M&M's for eyes.
nikked
Gold Member
Anyone here do a Spider batter bowl cake and have a picture and/or tips? I'm doing my first one for a show on Sunday...

The only instructions I have says:

Spider (1) - Frost cake with black (use chocolate and tint black) or chocolate frosting – use chocolate sprinkles for “hair”. Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use gumdrops for eyes.

Spider #2- Frost one 1QT and one 2QT cakes black or chocolate. Place the cakes side by side (the 1QT cake is the head.) Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use 2 Lg. marshmallows for fun eyes with m & m pupils – or raisins stuck on toothpicks.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I used to have a pic until my computer crashed but it is very easy to make I used brown m&m's for the eyes. Turned out really cute, I am planning on making it again this year

I make mine a bit differentI frost with chocolate frosting, cover it with chocolate sprinkles (for hair) use black licorce for the legs (tooth pick in one end of licorce, and the other end in the cake) and gumdrops for eyes.

ltkacz said:
I frost with chocolate frosting, cover it with chocolate sprinkles (for hair) use black licorce for the legs (tooth pick in one end of licorce, and the other end in the cake) and gumdrops for eyes.

Just had an idea....how about shredded coconut with food coloring I guess dark brown or something similar!!;) ;) ;)

PicturesOkay, I did a combo of two things: I did the large spider using the large and small batter bowls, and did three small spiders using the mini-fluted pan (found idea elsewhere on this site).

I used the large SA platter, and the EAD with the writing tip (would have used decorator bottles, but can't :( ) . I made a web on the platter with chocolate frosting (I am not a cake decorator, don't even pretend to be one, but thought it would be cute). Made a joke about "Just call me Charlotte". Told the guests that the frosting served two purposes...if your transporting, it keeps the cakes in place, and it looks cute too!

Put "Charlotte" at a diagonal on the plate, and decorated, then put the three little gals (from the second "Charlotte's Web" movie, we called them "Nellie, Aranea and Joy"). Looked really cute, and everybody loved them!

For the head of the big spider and the three little spiders, I split one regular cake mix. I put three large scoops of batter into each of the three little spiders. Next time, I will either make 4 little ones, or put 4 large scoops into each one. The head came out a little too big the way I did it yesterday.

Attachments

• Spider Cake 003.jpg
    Spider Cake 003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Spider Cake 001.jpg
    Spider Cake 001.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 421
  • Spider Cake 002.jpg
    Spider Cake 002.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
those turned out way cute I love the red beady eyes

If you want slightly evil spiders, you can use candy corn for fangs, too.

And on super-mini spiders (mini muffin pan), use red hots for eyes and shoestring-style licorice. :)

1. What is a "Spider Batter Bowl Cake"?

The "Spider Batter Bowl Cake" is a Halloween-themed cake that is made using our Pampered Chef Batter Bowl. It is designed to look like a spider with a round body and eight legs, and can be decorated to your liking.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a "Spider Batter Bowl Cake"?

To make this cake, you will need a Pampered Chef Batter Bowl, your favorite cake mix (plus the ingredients listed on the box), frosting, and various decorations such as licorice and candies.

3. How do I assemble a "Spider Batter Bowl Cake"?

First, bake the cake in the batter bowl according to the instructions on your cake mix box. Once cooled, turn the cake out onto a serving plate. Cut off the rounded top to create a flat surface. Then, cut the cake in half horizontally and frost the middle. Place the top layer back on and frost the entire cake. Finally, decorate with candies and licorice to create the spider legs.

4. Can I use a different type of cake for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. You can also make the cake from scratch if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly if using a different type of cake mix or recipe.

5. Can I make a "Spider Batter Bowl Cake" in advance?

Yes, you can make this cake a day in advance. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. When ready to serve, let it come to room temperature before adding any decorations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefmama
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies