1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Spicy Roasted Vegetable Soup

1. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

This is the featured PC Recipe on CC. Does anyone have any information about the "one chipotle pepper in adobo sauce"? Is this a fresh chipotle pepper.....in a can.....????? I have never heard of it. I subscribe to TT and it is on the January newsletter. I sent it out today and have already received this question from a contact. Good to see someone is reading it! Help anyone.

Dec 31, 2009
  2. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2009
  3. They come in a can and you can usually find them in the international foods aisle at the grocery store.

4. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

5. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

Thank you all. I will pass this onto my customer.

Dec 31, 2009
  6. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

Yes, they are in a can and quite common in the "International aisle". A chipotle, by definition, isn't a fresh pepper at all. It's a dried, smoked jalapeƱo.

The only problem with recipes that use just one comes with what do you do with the rest of them in the can?

Jan 1, 2010
  7. AZPampered Chef

AZPampered Chef Member Silver Member

I put the remaining chipotles and adobo sauce in the food processor (or blender) with some mayo (adjust amount to taste, but anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1.5 cups) and make a delicious spread to put on "Southwestern" burgers along with pepperjack cheese, green chilis and avocado. If you're having fries with your burgers, you won't need ketchup because it makes a yummy dip, too!

8. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Awesome! Now I know TWO meals I'm making this week!

Jan 1, 2010
Have something to add?