• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and how can I use it in my cooking?

In summary, the featured recipe is a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. It is a common item in the international aisle of the grocery store. It can be used as a spread on "Southwestern" burgers or fries.
pkd09
Silver Member
This is the featured PC Recipe on CC. Does anyone have any information about the "one chipotle pepper in adobo sauce"? Is this a fresh chipotle pepper.....in a can.....????? I have never heard of it. I subscribe to TT and it is on the January newsletter. I sent it out today and have already received this question from a contact. Good to see someone is reading it! Help anyone.

They come in a can and you can usually find them in the international foods aisle at the grocery store.

Thank you all. I will pass this onto my customer.

Yes, they are in a can and quite common in the "International aisle". A chipotle, by definition, isn't a fresh pepper at all. It's a dried, smoked jalapeño. The only problem with recipes that use just one comes with what do you do with the rest of them in the can?

I put the remaining chipotles and adobo sauce in the food processor (or blender) with some mayo (adjust amount to taste, but anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1.5 cups) and make a delicious spread to put on "Southwestern" burgers along with pepperjack cheese, green chilis and avocado. If you're having fries with your burgers, you won't need ketchup because it makes a yummy dip, too!

AZPampered Chef said:
I put the remaining chipotles and adobo sauce in the food processor (or blender) with some mayo (adjust amount to taste, but anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1.5 cups) and make a delicious spread to put on "Southwestern" burgers along with pepperjack cheese, green chilis and avocado. If you're having fries with your burgers, you won't need ketchup because it makes a yummy dip, too!

Awesome! Now I know TWO meals I'm making this week!

What ingredients are needed to make Spicy Roasted Vegetable Soup?

To make Spicy Roasted Vegetable Soup, you will need:

• 1 large onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 bell peppers, diced
  • 2 zucchinis, diced
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1 teaspoon of cumin
  • 1 teaspoon of chili powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper, diced

How do I prepare the vegetables for the soup?

To prepare the vegetables, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the diced onion, bell peppers, zucchinis, and optional jalapeno pepper with olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.

Can I make this soup in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Spicy Roasted Vegetable Soup in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients, including the roasted vegetables, to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

Is this soup suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Yes, this soup is suitable for both vegetarians and vegans as it is made with vegetable broth and does not contain any animal products. However, if you are making this soup for someone with dietary restrictions, be sure to check the ingredients in the vegetable broth to ensure it is suitable for their needs.

How can I adjust the level of spiciness in this soup?

If you prefer a milder soup, you can omit the jalapeno pepper and reduce the amount of chili powder used. To make it spicier, you can add more chili powder or even some red pepper flakes. You can also adjust the level of spiciness by adding hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste. Be sure to taste the soup as you add these ingredients and adjust accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956