• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasting Sauces/Rubs at Shows - Solutions Needed!

I found the coolest thing at Michael's (a craft store in our area). It is called a bead storage system. It is a clear plastic box (maybe 6" x 4" x 2") that contains 24 smaller boxes -- kind of like little TicTac boxes. The lids on the smaller boxes come all the way out (for inserting your beads, or in my case spices) and then there is a little flap (like the TicTac box) that flips up. I was going to go out looking for a pill box to display spices, rubs and oil dipping seasonings when I came across this. It is PERFECT for what I wanted -- I didn't plan to highlight the
jnsr96
Hi just wondering if anyone has any ideas on people "sampling" rubs/ sauces at shows...It seems unsanitary to just pass around open bottles... I read the other post about spice bags, but I'm not looking for give aways.. .just a way for people to "smell/taste" them at a show. Thanks!

I know people have used a daily/weekly pill organizer to store a teaspoon or two in. Then pass that around to smell them.

Good idea! Or you could use your prep bowls and just put a dash into one and pass that around as well.

I just pass around the open bottles in the Grill Basket and invite people to open them up and sniff them. I sometimes say they are welcome to sprinkle some in their hand to taste, but I haven't noticed many take me up on that.

When they have new Sweet Sprinkles I hand the bottle around and suggest they sprinkle a bit in their hands to give it a taste. Most do.I sit all of the other spices out and let people know where they are. I suggest they sniff them if they're curious.

Make some samples of the bread dipping seasonings in the Bamboo Snack Bowls and Bamboo Cracker Tray with homemade bread and the Beaded Spreader. People love how pretty it looks. You could also pour some Spicy Pineapple-Rum Sauce over cream cheese and serve with crackers. As far as sampling of the rubs...maybe just use one of them in the recipe that your making. Like use the Smoky BBQ Rub to make the 10 minute BBQ Pork Tenderloin and serve it as sandwiches or add to a salad salad. They will love the taste of rub and once they see how easy the recipe is to make, that alone will help sell the BBQ rub....and the DCB! Good luck!

I found the coolest thing at Michael's (a craft store in our area). It is called a bead storage system. It is a clear plastic box (maybe 6" x 4" x 2") that contains 24 smaller boxes -- kind of like little TicTac boxes. The lids on the smaller boxes come all the way out (for inserting your beads, or in my case spices) and then there is a little flap (like the TicTac box) that flips up. I was going to go out looking for a pill box to display spices, rubs and oil dipping seasonings when I came across this. It is PERFECT for what I wanted -- I didn't plan to highlight the sprinkles -- and we have exactly 24 of the other items. I'm going to make stickers for the inner boxes (I think the 80 to a page labels will fit) and they'll be nice and tidy. The regular price was $4.99 but they are currently on sale for 40% off.

I carry my spice rack and set it out so people can sprinkle it in their hand and try it. Men are my best customers! They love to taste and smell it! If I don't bring it, seems like I only sell the spice I'm using. When I carry it with me, they go crazy over it! They don't seem to mind or worry about it being sanitary. But they just sprinkle it in their palm. All I need to bring is my tool turnabout and spice tote, besides what I'm using. It keeps them busy for a long time!

chefjeanine said:
I found the coolest thing at Michael's (a craft store in our area). It is called a bead storage system. It is a clear plastic box (maybe 6" x 4" x 2") that contains 24 smaller boxes -- kind of like little TicTac boxes. The lids on the smaller boxes come all the way out (for inserting your beads, or in my case spices) and then there is a little flap (like the TicTac box) that flips up. I was going to go out looking for a pill box to display spices, rubs and oil dipping seasonings when I came across this. It is PERFECT for what I wanted -- I didn't plan to highlight the sprinkles -- and we have exactly 24 of the other items. I'm going to make stickers for the inner boxes (I think the 80 to a page labels will fit) and they'll be nice and tidy. The regular price was $4.99 but they are currently on sale for 40% off.

Jeanine - would you mind posting a pic of it or even of the label so we can see the manufacturer's name and search for it at our local Michaels stores? Thanks in advance!

http://www.craftamerica.com/images/products/2025-149.jpg

Okay, Carolyn, we'll see if this works.

What are the different types of tasting sauces and rubs offered at shows?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of tasting sauces and rubs to enhance the flavor of your dishes. Some of our popular options include garlic and herb rub, sweet and smoky barbecue sauce, and tangy teriyaki glaze.

How do I use the tasting sauces and rubs during a cooking demonstration?

Our tasting sauces and rubs are perfect for adding a burst of flavor to your dishes during a cooking demonstration. Simply brush or sprinkle them onto your food as directed in the recipe or according to your personal preference.

Are the tasting sauces and rubs gluten-free?

Yes, we offer a variety of gluten-free options for our tasting sauces and rubs. Look for the "GF" symbol on the packaging or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant for a list of gluten-free products.

Can I purchase the tasting sauces and rubs separately?

Yes, our tasting sauces and rubs are available for individual purchase. Simply visit our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant to place an order.

What makes Pampered Chef's tasting sauces and rubs stand out from others on the market?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to using high-quality ingredients in our products. Our tasting sauces and rubs are made with real herbs and spices, without any artificial flavors or preservatives, ensuring the best taste for your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • Jennie50