• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed: Half-Marathon in 2 Weeks!

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know how the half-marathon went. WOW!!! Over 10,000 runners. It was exciting. I never found the pace group I wanted to be in but did find one with a 10 minute slower goal. I tried to stay with them, but finally passed them by. I set a 2 1/2 hr goal, but nearing the end of my training I was keeping a little better pace, so I was hoping for 2 hrs. 15 minutes. I finished in 2 hrs. 22 min. and 36 seconds. I was very pleased. Still a little sore today, but plan to get back out there tomorrow. You did great! Congratulations
Shawnna
Gold Member
I know there are a lot of serious issues in our nation, but I know that God is concerned with all of our needs/wants...no matter how trivial they may seem.

So, I'm asking for special prayers for the next 2 weeks as the countdown winds down for my half-marathon on Nov. 18. I have been very concerned because I have not been able to get past 8 miles in a single run, but Saturday night I was able to log a 10.25 mile run with an average of 10 min and 15 seconds per mile. My husband is going to run with me, but he has been nursing a leg injury since July. It gets better but after 3 miles it hurts him for days, so he will most likely be walking most of the way. We have put a lot of time and effort into training for this event and want it to be enjoyable. So, please pray for us during this time...especially on the 18th.

Thanks for putting in the time to pray for us. We really appreciate it.

gonna get my last long run in tomorrow...hopefully 13.1 miles. Then 3 or 4 4 mile runs during the next week. Thanks again for the support.

praying for you... as someone who huffs and puffs doing a TENTH of a K :) can't even come close to relating, but am praying!

Good Luck!! Prayers for you and your husband to realize your goals.

Shawnna,Where are you going for your 1/2-marathon? Take good care of yourself, don't do anything klutzy and try to relax. Follow your training schedule. I will pray for you. It's really exciting to cross the finish line and reach this goal!

Jeanine,

Our half-marathon is in Tulsa Oklahoma...the Route 66. The registration is completely full. I am excited but also nervous. I tend to lose focus when its crowded and I push too much to get out of the crowd and then have trouble getting back to my normal pace. Since its going to be extremely crowded for the whole race...1000s of people will be there...I have decided to join a pace group. I am going to join the 2 hour 15 minute group which is a little slower than my pace has been lately, but I'm hoping it will keep me from pushing too hard at the beginning and help me to save energy for the final 3 miles and I will be able to push harder and finish strong. Thanks for your prayers. One week to go.

I ran a 20k in 2010. I really didn't get much training time leading up to the race. A few 4-5 mile runs and one 9 mile run. Two weeks leading up to the race I didn't run at all because I was so busy. Let me tell you the atmosphere of the race will help to carry you through! It's so different then running on your own. Good luck!

Shawnna, Joining the pace group is an excellent idea. It is SO easy to jack-rabbit out with all the event excitement! Keep us posted.

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know how the half-marathon went. WOW!!! Over 10,000 runners. It was exciting. I never found the pace group I wanted to be in but did find one with a 10 minute slower goal. I tried to stay with them, but finally passed them by. I set a 2 1/2 hr goal, but nearing the end of my training I was keeping a little better pace, so I was hoping for 2 hrs. 15 minutes. I finished in 2 hrs. 22 min. and 36 seconds. I was very pleased. Still a little sore today, but plan to get back out there tomorrow.

I have a 5k scheduled for Dec. 1st and then will continue training. April 28th is the memorial run for the Oklahoma City bombing site. I am thinking about shooting for the full marathon, but maybe just run another half and then shoot for the Route 66 marathon next November.

Oh, and my husband finished in 2 hrs and 29 minutes...even with his leg injury. He was only suppose to walk, but he is too competitive so he pushed himself.

Thank you to all who prayed for me and for the encouragement.

Yeah! Glad to hear it went so well.

What is the "Prayers Needed: Half-Marathon in 2 Weeks!" event?

The "Prayers Needed: Half-Marathon in 2 Weeks!" event is a half-marathon race that will take place in 2 weeks. It is organized by Pampered Chef to raise funds for a charitable cause.

When and where will the half-marathon take place?

The half-marathon will take place in 2 weeks at a location that is yet to be announced. Participants will be notified of the exact location closer to the event date.

How can I register for the half-marathon?

You can register for the half-marathon by visiting the Pampered Chef website and filling out the registration form. You will also have the option to create a fundraising page to collect donations from friends and family.

Is there a registration fee for the half-marathon?

Yes, there is a registration fee for the half-marathon. However, this fee will go towards the charitable cause that the event supports. You will also have the option to make additional donations during the registration process.

Do I need to be an experienced runner to participate in the half-marathon?

No, you do not need to be an experienced runner to participate in the half-marathon. However, we do recommend that you train and prepare yourself for the race to ensure your safety and enjoyment. There will also be volunteers and medical staff available on the day of the race to assist with any needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies