• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Warriors Needed: Help Us Fund Our Life-Changing Trip to Israel"

In summary, the pastor is asking prayer warriors to help them raise money so they can go on a trip to Israel in September/October. There are a lot of people who want to go, but not everyone can afford to go. Each person will have to figure out how to get the money. The pastor and his wife are taking their children on the trip.
Shawnna
Gold Member
I have a special request for all of you prayer warriors out there. My church is planning a trip to Israel in September/October. There are a lot of people who want to go. My husband was able to go last spring and he says it is an awesome trip and it will change your life. Our congregation is not full of people who have a lot of money...most just barely make it...but I think this will be a life-changing experience for them/us...spiritually speaking. We will have to make a non-refundable deposit in a few months and then have the rest of the money paid in June...90 days before the trip. It is a lot of money...especially for young married couples and couples with children. Everyone is excited and looking for ways to save money and make extra money so they can go on this trip. So, my prayer request is that you will help us pray to be in God's will...it may not be His will for all of us to go...and that we will be able to raise the funding and have safe/good places for smaller children to stay while parents go. We are not planning church fundraisers because not everyone want to/can go. Each person/family will have to figure out how to get the money. We are taking our children...they will be 17 and 15 when we go. Our youngest loves history and says he is going to be an archiologist so this will be an awesome trip for him educationally as well as spiritually. And it will of course be a very expensive vacation for us and we will have to cut back and save. But we feel it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. So, please keep us in your prayers.

Thanks.

Wow...pastor counted 42 church members who want to go on this trip. I think this is a "God thing". I am sure some are just caught in the momentum and the excitement right now and they may change their mind after Christmas when the money really sinks into their heads, but I am hoping they all get to go. Please keep praying for us. I think this will be life-changing for our church. I can't wait.

Why not do some fundraisers? When my DD was 16, she was going on a trip to South Africa with AWANA. She lacked $1,000 that was due the next week. They had a spaghetti dinner for HER and raised over $1,000!!! It was so exciting because they said this was the most an individual fundraiser had ever brought in. You could do things like dinners, lunches, yard sales, etc. to help raise the funds. I think that with only 15% return, a PC fundraiser wouldn't be appropriate but these others might!

Prayer said.

Well, we do a fundraiser for the church every few months, so we really can't do a church fundraiser. All the people aren't going so it really isn't appropriate to do a church fundraiser. Each family will have to do their own fundraising, but since its not a missions trip...more of a tour...I don't know how appropriate any "fundraising" will be. I know we have about 30 horses we can sell to help with ours and I can save my Pampered Chef and BeautiControl sales money, but there are a lot of people who don't have those options. I am sure God will provide, so just keep us in your prayers. Thanks.

1. What is the purpose of the trip to Israel?

The purpose of the trip is to experience the Holy Land, deepen our faith, and participate in a life-changing cultural and spiritual journey.

2. Can you provide more information about the itinerary for the trip?

Our itinerary includes visits to important biblical sites such as the Sea of Galilee, Mount of Beatitudes, and the Garden of Gethsemane. We will also have the opportunity to attend religious services and meet with local communities.

3. How will the funds be used for this trip?

The funds will cover the cost of airfare, accommodations, meals, transportation, and tour fees for our group. Any additional funds will go towards supporting local communities and organizations in Israel.

4. Is this trip only for members of your organization?

No, this trip is open to anyone who wants to join us in this spiritual journey. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and faiths to join us on this life-changing trip.

5. How can I contribute to this fundraising effort?

You can contribute by making a donation through our online fundraising page, sharing our fundraiser on social media, or participating in any fundraising events we may have. Your support, no matter how big or small, will make a difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • mylilchunkymonkey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies