• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Speaking of Not Recognizing Names ...

In summary, the CS member got a phone call from someone who's name she did not recognize. The caller said her mother was ___ (another name the CS member did not recognize) and that the CS member had been helping out her mother on Chef Success. The CS member explained that she was out of town for a funeral & didn't have time to look at the rule, but told the caller where to go to find the answer. The daughter lives with her mother so they knew she couldn't join the Mom's team, so the Mom told her to join the CS member's team. The CS member is glad that all that she put out there for people is coming back to her.
Sheila
Gold Member
While I was responding to the "not recognizing hosts" thread, I got a phone call from someone who's name I did not recognize. She said her mother was ___ (another name I did not recognize) and that I'd been helping out her mother on Chef Success ... ding ding ding, now it's clicking who she's talking about ... the CS member had asked about her daughter signing on her team & I told her that I knew they couldn't sign under her if they lived at the same address, but I wasn't sure what the rule was on just relationship if she lived outside the home. I explained that I was out of town for a funeral & didn't have time to look at the rule, but told her where to go to find the answer. Well the daughter lives in the house with her mother so they knew she couldn't join Mom's team, so Mom told her to join my team! I'm happy, but shocked. I usually go out of my way to help people & basically told the Mom that I couldn't help her right then ... and she referred me anyway! Before I could tell the daughter that she could still join the same team Mom's on, she said she'd already been to my web page & signed up this morning. She just wanted to introduce herself so I wasn't totally confused when I was notified of an out of state recruit I'd never heard of before! :woohoo:

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:
Congratulations on the new consultant and the award for blushing the most today!! LOL!

OMG!!! That's awesome! :happyforyou:

I'm so glad that all that you put out there for people, on here and CS, is coming back to you. Congrats on your newest team member!

I've only ever seen her Mom's last name once, and what she said sounded different than what I have in e-mail, so I wrote down something different when she was introducing herself & gave her Mom's name. Luckily she referenced Chef Success so that I could put the puzzle together & figure out what she was talking about pretty quickly. I was just kind of shocked. I didn't know they were talking about her signing on my team. I thought we were talking the Mom or the Mom's upline. Not complaining, of course, just a pleasant surprise to me! ;)

Hi there! Wow, what a small world! It's always great to hear when our efforts to help others pay off in unexpected ways. I'm so glad that the daughter was able to join your team and I'm sure she will be a valuable addition. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to connect the dots and realize who she was referring to. It just goes to show how important it is to always be helpful and informative, even when we may not have all the answers at the moment. Congratulations on your new recruit and I wish you both all the best in your pampered chef journey! Keep up the great work!

What is "Speaking of Not Recognizing Names ..."?

"Speaking of Not Recognizing Names ..." is a phrase commonly used when someone brings up a topic that is related to not remembering or knowing someone's name.

Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to transition into a conversation about not being able to remember or recognize names. It can also be used to bring attention to the fact that they themselves struggle with remembering names.

Is "Speaking of Not Recognizing Names ..." considered rude?

No, this phrase is not considered rude. It is often used in a light-hearted or humorous manner and is not intended to offend anyone.

Are there any alternative phrases to "Speaking of Not Recognizing Names ..."?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used to transition into a conversation about not remembering names. Some examples include "On the topic of forgetting names ..." or "Regarding not recognizing names ..."

How can I politely tell someone that I don't remember their name?

You can simply say something like, "I'm sorry, I'm terrible with names. Can you remind me of yours?" or "I apologize, but I can't seem to recall your name. Could you tell me again?" It's important to be genuine and apologetic when asking for someone's name again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Chef Bobby