• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Explaining Your Pampered Chef Business: Tips for a Professional Response

In summary, the conversation discusses the struggle of explaining one's Pampered Chef business without sounding like a traditional "salesperson" or "home party lady". Suggestions are given on how to describe the business in a dignified manner, such as using terms like "teacher" or "consultant". The importance of using positive language to convey professionalism is also emphasized. Additionally, some tips are shared on how to answer the question "What do you do?" in a concise and appealing way.
D_Patel
I received this email from my Director this morning , thought it was great and that I would share..So... What is it that you Do?
(Thanks to NSED Darla Oelmann for writing.)
Friends and family have probably asked you this. Did you have a quick informative answer, or did you stumble and stammer, trying to give a good description of your Pampered Chef business? You may have started out by saying "Have you ever heard of the" Pampered Chef" but what we are really doing is answering a question with another question. If they say no then we are still stumbling and stammering over our words again.

You probably never dreamed you would become a "salesperson" and don't want to be thought of that way either. And, heaven forbid that you are that "Home Party Lady"! However, we should not ever feel negative or embarrassed to be in sales. Selling is a service; you use sales everyday of your life. Nobody would ever buy anything if there weren't for someone "selling" something. If a product is made, it has to be sold. Selling is just transferring a feeling from you to them.

So, how can you explain to someone "what you do" and keep it sounding dignified? Below are some ideas you can use when asked, "What is it that you do?"

"I own my own business and am a consultant with an international sales company. (then) I represent a line of gourmet kitchen products for a multi-million dollar company"

"I am an independent consultant for an international company that markets professional quality kitchen tools for home use"

"I am a part-time (or free-lance) consultant for an international kitchenware company"

Refer to yourself as a "Teacher, Trainer, Consultant, Director" etc. When someone asks what you actually do, instead of saying "home parties" say that you "Provide people with personal consultations and training in the use of specialized gourmet cooking products"

We communicate to others how we feel about ourselves and our work through the words we use to describe our profession. Use terms and descriptions that convey high esteem and professionalism and others will get the message.
There will always be some people who will see you and your work as a low-status "vega-matic" gadget seller. Just sit back?grin all the way to the bank?and enjoy your 5-9 instead of 9-5 profession J (edited by Kim Cooper 9/05)

Why not say "Pampered Chef?"Hi Danielle,

Thank you for some words to use; however, I'm curious as to why one wouldn't say "Pampered Chef" instead of "high quality kitchen tools", or say both. I'm proud to be associated w/ PC, and I want people to know that rather than hide it. I generally say, "I'm a kitchen consultant with The Pampered Chef. I teach customers how to use quality kitchen tools to make meal preparation easier and more fun".

Just my 2 cents,
Diane

Hmm Iam not sureIt came form one of our NSED , so Iam not sure ! LOL ! I still liked what she had to say though ! :)

I'm guessing its because you may have said in the beginning:
"Have you ever heard of /familiar with of Pampered Chef?
Thanks for sharing as I have a hard time sometimes with a response when people say "no" to the above..
Have a great day!
Cheers,
Angela

What do I do? "I help people succeed in the kitchen" - that usually brings the question "Succeed at what?".

And the answer is
"Whatever you want it to mean.
Make money and earn free products, trips and jewelry.
Get a kitchen full of quality tools to help you prepare or serve meals for free and at deep discounts.
Get lots of tips on easy meal preparation or entertaining and the tools to do it at a great price*".

*Did you know that over 70% of our product line is under $15!.

What is it that we do?

At Pampered Chef, we provide high-quality kitchen tools, recipes, and cooking tips to help people make delicious meals and create memorable experiences in the kitchen.

What types of products do you offer?

We offer a wide range of products including cookware, bakeware, knives, kitchen gadgets, and more. Our products are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

Do you have a satisfaction guarantee?

Yes, we stand behind our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly replace it or provide a refund within 30 days of purchase.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products directly from our website, through a consultant at a party or event, or by hosting your own Pampered Chef party.

Do you offer discounts or promotions?

Yes, we offer various promotions and discounts throughout the year. Be sure to sign up for our email list and follow us on social media to stay updated on our latest offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ccmahaffey