• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Southwestern Cobb Salad Recipe - Requesting for Help

In summary, the typical ingredients in a Southwestern Cobb Salad are romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, shredded cheese, and grilled chicken. Some variations may also include bell peppers, cilantro, and tortilla strips. A recommended dressing for this salad is cilantro-lime vinaigrette, but you can use any dressing of your choice. You can make a vegetarian version by omitting the chicken and adding more beans or tofu as a protein source, as well as additional vegetables. To assemble the salad, start with a bed of romaine lettuce and arrange the toppings in rows for a visually appealing presentation, or mix everything together in a large bowl. You can make this salad ahead of time by
SusanK
I posted the thread about the 7 layer taco salad. I am wondering if I did not remember correctly and she said Southwester Cobb Salad. Does anyone have this recipe? Please advise. Any help will be appreciated.

Here it is. Hope this helps.

Dawn Trudell
Independent Kitchen Consultant
Fort Wayne, IN

Attachments

• Southwestern Cobb Salad.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 363
Hi there! I remember seeing your post about the 7 layer taco salad. I don't personally have the recipe for the Southwester Cobb Salad, but I did a quick search and found a few different variations online. Here's one that looks pretty tasty: [insert link to recipe]. I hope this helps! Let me know how it turns out if you try it. Happy cooking!

What ingredients are typically included in a Southwestern Cobb Salad?

The typical ingredients in a Southwestern Cobb Salad are romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, shredded cheese, and grilled chicken. Some variations may also include bell peppers, cilantro, and tortilla strips.

Is there a recommended dressing for a Southwestern Cobb Salad?

Yes, a popular dressing for a Southwestern Cobb Salad is a cilantro-lime vinaigrette. However, you can use any dressing of your choice, such as ranch or a spicy chipotle dressing.

Can I make a vegetarian version of a Southwestern Cobb Salad?

Absolutely! You can omit the chicken and use additional beans or tofu as a protein source. You can also add more vegetables, such as roasted sweet potatoes or grilled zucchini, to make it more filling.

What is the best way to assemble a Southwestern Cobb Salad?

The best way to assemble a Southwestern Cobb Salad is to start with a bed of romaine lettuce, then arrange the toppings in rows on top. This will create a visually appealing and organized salad. You can also mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl if you prefer.

Can I make a Southwestern Cobb Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply assemble the salad and add the dressing. However, it is best to wait to add the avocado until just before serving to prevent it from turning brown.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• workingmaof3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PampMomof3