• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Southwest Dip: Recipe & Tips!

In summary, to make the Delicious Southwest Dip, you will need black beans, corn, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, avocado, red onion, cilantro, lime, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and Southwest seasoning mix. It can be made ahead of time, but it is best to add avocado and lime juice right before serving. The dip can be served cold or hot, and substitutions can be made based on personal preferences. Some tips for making the dip include using a hand mixer for a creamier consistency, using pre-cut and canned vegetables for convenience, adding hot sauce for a spicier flavor, and serving with various dipping options.
JaimeQ
Is there a recipe for a dip on the label of the Southwest seasoning?? TIA:)

:D YES and it is easy and delicious-1 cup of mayo, 1 cup of sour cream and 2-3 tbsp of SW seasoning....it is so good that my father-in-law body blocked the bowl with that dip in it at a party we had once so that no one else could eat it but him!

Yes, 1 c. mayo, 1 c. sour cream, 2-3 Tbs seasoning. Great for veggies or tortilla chips. My family LOVES this seasoning! Mix with a little oil....toss with potato wedges....toss with cubed chicken. Yummmmm :)

Make sure you only use mayonnaise. I had a host use Miracle Whip. It was not good. I don't like too much bite/heat, and I use 1 1/2 tablespoons.

I'll have to try it with both and see what I think:) I use miracle whip cause I don't like mayo but my hubby likes mayo and not mirable whip...so I have both:p

Just a note on the Southwest Seasoning Dip. It gets hotter (spicier) the longer it sits.

Miracle Whip would affect the flavor of dips made with all our seasonings, because it's sweeter than mayo. I've found that even people who don't care for mayo will eat it in the dips because the seasoning adds flavor - they aren't eating plain mayo.

Thanks for the tips:) I will probably end up making with the mayo just cause that seems to be the best thing to do.

I always use an 8 oz. cream cheese and an 8 oz. sour cream then add my seasonings. It is great! Good for those who do not like mayo.
Deb

I use 2 cups sour cream the mix and a little fresh lime juice with minced cilantro on top.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Southwest Dip?

To make the Delicious Southwest Dip, you will need:

• 1 can of black beans
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/4 cup of diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 packet of Southwest seasoning mix

2. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Southwest Dip ahead of time. However, it is best to add the avocado and lime juice right before serving to prevent browning.

3. How do I serve the Southwest Dip?

The Southwest Dip can be served cold or hot. If serving cold, simply mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. If serving hot, follow the same steps but bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use Greek yogurt instead of cream cheese, or omit the jalapeno pepper for a milder flavor.

5. What are some tips for making the Southwest Dip?

Here are a few tips to make the Delicious Southwest Dip even better:

• For a creamier consistency, mix the cream cheese with a hand mixer before adding the other ingredients.
  • To save time, use pre-cut and canned vegetables.
  • For a spicier dip, add hot sauce or extra jalapeno peppers.
  • Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables for dipping.
  • If making ahead of time, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • floccies
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Melissa78