• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious: Tips for Perfectly Crispy Results!

maybe that will do the trick. Good to know, thanks for sharing! I'll try it again using the extra egg and chips...maybe that will do the trick.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made this tonight - really easy, shows a lot of products. It was really good but a little on the soft/soggy side. Anyone have any tips? I followed the directions exactly.

Could it have been the grade of meat? Also I find it I have to defrost the meat in the microwave, it has alot of extra water. Could that have been the problem?

I used the grade of ground beef called for and I had to drain the fat off several times as it cooked. After it sat, it did firm up. It was VERY loose when it first came out.

I used 93/7 meat for it and it was fresh so it didn't need thawed.

I'm going to make this. I will let you know how mine turns out.

Last edited:
update, mine was soggy to. Interesting, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I haven't made this recipe - DH doesn't like meatloaf, and DS doesn't like meat....but just by looking at the recipe, I would say that there isn't enough binder for the amount of beef and ketchup.

I would increase the amount of crushed chips to 1 cup, and possibly increase to 2 eggs. Growing up, my Mom always said one egg per lb. of ground beef.

You need something to soak up all that liquid, and bind it together.

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't made this recipe - DH doesn't like meatloaf, and DS doesn't like meat....but just by looking at the recipe, I would say that there isn't enough binder for the amount of beef and ketchup.

I would increase the amount of crushed chips to 1 cup, and possibly increase to 2 eggs. Growing up, my Mom always said one egg per lb. of ground beef.

You need something to soak up all that liquid, and bind it together.

Thats what I was thinking as well. I also used the 96% meat and it did overflow on me as well.

My great aunt, always formed her meatloaf around a whole dell pickle. That has nothing to do with this, but it always comes to my mind when I think of meatloaf recipes. It was gross.

I made this tonight using 2 lbs of ground turkey (Jennie-O in plastic tube). It was delicious. It did set up after letting it rest as stated in the recipe. Just don't be so anxious to cut into it! Ha! Ha! It was good with poblano but next time I may add a second for my husband.

My daughter said it smelled like a Mexican restaurant in our house while it cooked in the micro. I will definitely demo this one. So quick and easy! Taking leftovers to work to make my co-workers jealous!

I let mine set for quite a while because I was unorganized and the potatoes weren't done yet, so it wasn't that... I'm thinking the cut of meat that I used, not lean enough. Also, I think that, like Becky said, it might need another egg and more chips, something to hold it all together... I will try again with modifications. The flavor was good, but we had to use a slotted spoon to get it out... But I loved how fast it was!

I made this using 93% meat and it didn't set up well...at all. While we were eating it, I told DH that I thought it needed more binders. The amt of egg and tortilla chips just didn't seem to be enough. I think we're definitely going to try it again, but with more binding ingredients. Flavor was really good though!

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying this tonight so I can make it at my customer app. on sunday. I'm going to just increase the chips and eggs right off the bat instead of trying the way it reads. Appreciate it!

chefcharity said:
Thanks for the tips. I'm trying this tonight so I can make it at my customer app. on sunday. I'm going to just increase the chips and eggs right off the bat instead of trying the way it reads. Appreciate it!

Let us know how it works out!

ChefPaulaB said:
Let us know how it works out!

Well, I thought it was good. My husband just doesn't like food like that, but my MIL was there and seemed to enjoy it with me. I did put 2 eggs and 1 cup crushed chips. It held together quite well.

chefcharity said:
Well, I thought it was good. My husband just doesn't like food like that, but my MIL was there and seemed to enjoy it with me. I did put 2 eggs and 1 cup crushed chips. It held together quite well.

Good to know, thanks for sharing! I'll try it again using the extra egg and chips...

1. How do I achieve crispy results when cooking in the oven?

To achieve perfectly crispy results in the oven, it's important to use a baking sheet with a wire rack. This allows for air to circulate around the food and helps it to crisp up evenly. You can also brush a thin layer of oil on the wire rack to prevent sticking and add an extra layer of crispiness.

2. Can I use parchment paper or aluminum foil instead of a wire rack?

Parchment paper and aluminum foil can be used as a substitute for a wire rack, but keep in mind that they do not allow for as much air circulation. To compensate, you can crinkle up the foil or parchment paper to create small air pockets, or use a perforated pan specifically designed for crisping foods.

3. How do I prevent my food from getting soggy on the bottom?

To prevent soggy bottoms, it's important to preheat your oven and make sure it reaches the desired temperature before placing your food inside. Additionally, make sure to pat dry any excess moisture off of your food before cooking. You can also elevate your food by using a wire rack or placing it on a bed of vegetables like sliced onions or peppers.

4. What are some tips for achieving crispy results on grilled foods?

When grilling, make sure your grill is preheated and at the desired temperature before adding your food. Brushing a thin layer of oil on the grill grates can also help prevent sticking and add crispiness. For meats, make sure to pat them dry before adding them to the grill and avoid overcrowding the grill to allow for proper air circulation.

5. How do I achieve a crispy crust on my homemade pizza?

To achieve a crispy pizza crust, make sure your oven is preheated and at the desired temperature before baking. Use a pizza stone or preheated baking sheet to help evenly distribute heat and create a crispy crust. You can also brush the crust with oil before adding toppings to help it crisp up even more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pc_holly
  • Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • smilesarepriceless