• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Prepare Southwest Chicken Salad with No Prior Experience?

In summary, the Southwest Chicken Salad recipe calls for chicken, black beans, corn, bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder. The chicken can be cooked by grilling, baking, or pan-searing, but it should be fully cooked before adding it to the salad. The salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, but the avocado and dressing should be added just before serving. Popular dressings for this salad include homemade cilantro lime dressing, store-bought ranch dressing, or spicy chipotle ranch dressing. You are welcome to add or substitute ingredients according to your preferences, such as adding jalapenos for
rwester
Silver Member
HELP - I received a call from my Director who was clearly VERY sick, and is on the way to the doctor. She has a show tonight that she needs me to do for her. Hostess has purchased ingredients for what my Director called "Southwest Chicken Salad" :confused: ....which I did not find under the recipe search in CC.

I do not make any form of salads at my shows. I do not eat salads. I hardly eat vegetables of any kind! Therefore, would like to review the recipe and make me a "cheat page" before this afternoon; as I will not have time once I get off work and rush to get to this show!

Does anyone have this recipe?

TIA,
R.Wester

Is it the 7 layer Southwestern Salad? Very simple to put together and uses a ton of products!(It's from the old Super Salads recipe cards)

Attachments

• SevenLayer Southwestern Salad.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Seven Layer Southwestern Salad tips.doc
    25 KB · Views: 267
Southwest Chicken SaladGot it. It's the Cajun Chicken Salad from the Casual Cooking Cookbook. Since we don't have the Cajun seasoning anymore, she just uses the Southwestern instead.
Thank-x!
Rita

Last edited:

What ingredients do I need for the Southwest Chicken Salad recipe?

The ingredients for the Southwest Chicken Salad recipe are chicken, black beans, corn, bell peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder.

How do I cook the chicken for this salad?

The chicken can be cooked by grilling, baking, or pan-searing. It is important to make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly before using it in the salad.

Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, this salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, it is best to add the avocado and dressing right before serving to prevent them from becoming too mushy or watery.

What dressing pairs well with this salad?

A homemade cilantro lime dressing or a store-bought ranch dressing both pair well with this Southwest Chicken Salad. You can also try a spicy chipotle ranch dressing for an extra kick of flavor.

Can I add or substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, feel free to add or substitute any ingredients to suit your preferences. Some suggestions include adding diced jalapenos for extra heat, using quinoa instead of chicken for a vegetarian option, or swapping out the vegetables for your favorites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • RachelNguyen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies