• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Southwest 7 Layer Salad Recipe | Easy and Tasty Dish

In summary, Lee Anne provided a recipe for a southwest 7 layer salad. Her director said it is excellent. Her father is dying as we speak, and she did not want to disturb her. Thanks, Lee Anne, for sending the recipe our way.
chefkara
Does anyone have a recipe for a southwest 7 layer salad?
My Director said it is excellent. Her father is dying as we speak and I d not want to disturb her
Thanks

I've just emailed it to you!

Enjoy! :p

Lee Anne

Here it is!

Enjoy!

Lee Anne

Attachments

• 7 LAYER SOUTHWESTERN SALAD.doc
    20 KB · Views: 700
ThanksYou guys are great! Thanks! Has anyone used this recipe at a show?

No, I haven't, but it sure sounds good! I think I'll recommend it to an upcoming host! Yum! Thanks for the recipe! :D
Does anyone have a recipe for a fruit pizza? I thought it would be a nice summer treat :cool: but I don't have a recipe???

Not PC but it works!I know of a fruit pizza recipe that is printed on the Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough package, using the dough as the crust. It is not a PC recipe, but you can use all the PC tools to make it~ I think it includes strawberries, kiwi,and some other stuff. The stone bakes, use egg slicer for fruits, corer, etc...you get the picture!!

Thank you! I'll have to check it out. :D

I have a few fruited pizza recipes at home. I'll try to remember to post it. In the meantime, here are some in the cookbooks.

*Dessert Pizza The Pampered Chef Classics page 46

*Taffy Apple Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller™, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.

2. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.

3. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.

4. Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

*Paradise Dessert Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 container (8 ounces) vanilla, strawberry or banana low-fat yogurt
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
1/4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained
2 tablespoons whole, unblanched almonds, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Form dough into a ball and place in center of Classic Round Stone. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from Baking Stone; cool completely.

2. Combine yogurt, pineapple and coconut; spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Slice kiwis and cut grapes in half using Paring Knife. Arrange mandarin oranges, kiwi slices and grapes in a circle over yogurt mixture.

3. Chop almonds with Food Chopper; sprinkle over fruit. Slice and serve.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

*Giant Pizza Cookie
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup prepared milk chocolate frosting
Red fruit snack rolls, gumdrops, candy-coated chocolate pieces and grated white chocolate

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt; mix well and set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended and creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in chocolate morsels.

2. Shape dough into a ball and place in center of Classic Round Stone. Pat dough into an 11-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Gently loosen edge of cookie from baking stone using Lift & Serve™ . Cool completely.

3. Using Lift & Serve, transfer cookie to serving platter. Spread cookie with frosting. Cut circles from fruit rolls to resemble pepperoni. Cut gumdrops into pieces for pizza toppings. Sprinkle fruit roll circles, gumdrops and chocolate pieces on top of pizza; top with grated white chocolate. Cut cookie into wedges.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 240 mg, Fiber 2 g

kjkjsj said:
No, I haven't, but it sure sounds good! I think I'll recommend it to an upcoming host! Yum! Thanks for the recipe! :D
Does anyone have a recipe for a fruit pizza? I thought it would be a nice summer treat :cool: but I don't have a recipe???

Ginger posted the recipes for a few cookie pizzas above, but I had to share with you that I've done the pizza cookie at a show and it was a HUGE hit :D ...it even brought the husbands in the room to check out what was smelling so good!! I highly reccommend it! I told the guests how much they can save making their own pizza cookie verses buying one at the mall for close to $20. You can customize your cookie any way you'd like too! That's where you can mention the easy accent decorator and the egg slicer plus for the strawberries, bananas and/or kiwi. You'll get alot of requests for it when you bring it to picnics and gatherings! :D

~Erica

Here are some more cookie pizzas and one brownie pizza.

Attachments

• Banana Split Brownie Pizza.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 543
  • Decadent Chocolate Dessert Pizza.doc
    266 KB · Views: 603
  • HeartFruitPizza.doc
    63 KB · Views: 629
  • STARS AND STRIPES DESSERT PIZZA.doc
    21 KB · Views: 529
Dessert Pizza recipeHere's one from The Pampered Chef Favorites (1992)

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
assorted fruits: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, seedless grapes, mandarin oranges, etc.

Preheat oven to 350deg. Spread crescent roll dough on 13in Baking Stone and pinch seams together. Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing until blended. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture. Chill. Cut into wedges or squares.
Yield: 8-10 servings

What are the ingredients in Southwest 7 Layer Salad?

The ingredients in Southwest 7 Layer Salad typically include lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, and a dressing made with salsa, sour cream, and lime juice.

What makes Southwest 7 Layer Salad different from regular 7 Layer Salad?

Southwest 7 Layer Salad incorporates traditional Mexican flavors and ingredients, such as black beans, corn, and avocado, giving it a unique and delicious twist.

How do I assemble Southwest 7 Layer Salad?

To assemble Southwest 7 Layer Salad, start by layering chopped lettuce in a large glass bowl. Then add layers of black beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, and cheese. Finally, top with the salsa dressing and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Can I make Southwest 7 Layer Salad ahead of time?

Yes, Southwest 7 Layer Salad can be made ahead of time. However, it is best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the lettuce from getting soggy.

Can I customize the ingredients in Southwest 7 Layer Salad?

Yes, you can absolutely customize the ingredients in Southwest 7 Layer Salad to suit your preferences. Some popular additions include diced bell peppers, black olives, and shredded chicken.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies