• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unraveling the Mystery of 'Theme': Exploring the Basics

In summary, Nicole is talking about her yearly tradition of having a soup and slipper show. Guests are encouraged to wear their funniest/cutest slippers and she gives away a prize. She also has a Flyer that she uses in her guests folders.
nldavis321
Gold Member
Someone mentioned this theme on another thread and I just love the title of it. Can anyone direct me to more information or provide me with a brief outline of how this works. It sounds pretty simple and self explanatory, but I like details!!!

Thanks guys! Happy Holidays. ~Nicole

I do this every January. I offer Chicken Alfredo Soup or the Chicken Tortilla Soup, Garlic Bites and then some fruit based dessert--spice apple stir fry is a favorite. Everyone wears their funniest/cutest slippers and then I give away a prize for the best--usually a SB or something. Lots of fun!

I love this idea too! I have the perfect lady I'm gonna hit up with it.

She asked her son (a friend of my BF) a couple weeks ago if he knew a PC consultant, and that jerk told her NO!!!! He told me that last night, I about decked him! He's lucky I was being lady like since we were out in public, if he would have told me at the house, he might have died!

After that comment last night, I got orders to deliever catalogs to my BFs friends moms. So my BF is playing PC Lady today and he is out delievering catalogs (I'm embarassed to say he's a better sales person then myself. He gets my shows for me, and I do them...) He left with 6 catalogs and 12 order forms today, and has a goal of 3 shows by time he gets home. We'll see what happens! I really wish PC would allow spouses to co-consult without each having to order kits. He's really good at it!

Spice apple stir-fry? That sounds really good- do you have the recipe? (Or where can I find it?)

Spice Apple stir fry is an OLD PC recipe, I love it love it love it. I use the APCS to slice acouple of granny smith apples, and brown the slices in about 2 T. butter in the family skillet. Add some cinnamon (about 1 T) and about 3 T. of brown sugar, continue browning. Add about 2 t. of corn starch to about 1/4 c. apple or orange juice whisking it well with the mini whipper. Add this to the apple mixture, and stir till thickened. Serve over pound cake or ice cream--it's like apple pie without the crust. Everyone loves it and it's not that fattening. Yummy.

Where in SCal are you? I'm in Orange.

I'll attach my recipes if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I clicked on the attached icom. Found my file on my computer, uploaded it, now what? What do I do to get it to appear in my reply?

Attachments

• Power cooking flyer.doc
    124 KB · Views: 510
Never mind. I guess it doesn't show up until I hit submit. This flyer, I use in my guests folders I hand out at the shows. We go over all the folder which contains my recipes for the current month and monthly host/guests specials. Here's the soup and slipper one that I also have in the folders.

Attachments

• Soup%20and%20Slippers[2].doc
    80.5 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
To Nancy Collins- I'm in Eagle Rock. (Near Glendale and Pasadena) Nice to know there are some out here....I don't know many other consultants from SoCal! BTW-Thanks for the recipe- I'm going to try it ASAP!

I am soooo loving this! NOW to just get a host!!!

candiejayne said:
(I'm embarassed to say he's a better sales person then myself. He gets my shows for me, and I do them...) He left with 6 catalogs and 12 order forms today, and has a goal of 3 shows by time he gets home. We'll see what happens! I really wish PC would allow spouses to co-consult without each having to order kits. He's really good at it!
Ok, after re-reading this, I thought he was your best friend...not spouse. Nevermind - I was going to say RECRUIT HIM!!!

Thanks Julie! I love it. I will make a few changes to make it my own, but I love the head start!!!

Julie...I hope everyone shows up wearing their robe...lol. I love your flyer. But the "robe and slipper optional" line had me laughing. I love the idea of the soup and slipper show...and I love, love, love the chicken alfredo soup.

Thanks. Hope you all you enjoy. I did this last year and people loved it.

1. What exactly is a "theme" in cooking?

A theme in cooking refers to a specific flavor profile or cuisine that ties together different dishes in a meal or event. It can also refer to a specific ingredient or cooking technique that is featured throughout the dishes.

2. How do I choose a theme for a dinner party?

When choosing a theme for a dinner party, consider the occasion, the season, and the preferences of your guests. You can also draw inspiration from a specific cuisine, ingredient, or cultural tradition.

3. Can I mix and match themes in a meal?

Yes, you can mix and match themes in a meal as long as the flavors and dishes complement each other. For example, you can have a Mexican-inspired main course with a Mediterranean-inspired side dish.

4. How can I incorporate a theme into my cooking?

You can incorporate a theme into your cooking by using ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques that are associated with the theme. You can also add decorative elements or serve the dishes in a themed presentation.

5. Are there any tips for successfully executing a themed meal?

To successfully execute a themed meal, plan ahead and make sure all the dishes complement each other. Prepare as much as you can in advance and have all the necessary ingredients on hand. Also, don't be afraid to get creative and have fun with the theme!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedgirl3
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
whitetiger
  • chefkristin
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • KellyTheChef