• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Slippers Contest: Ugly or Cute? Tips for Hosting a Unique Theme Show"

In summary, the host is undecided on what theme to do for her upcoming shows and is looking for input from the audience. Julie provides a summary of the different soup recipes that she is considering, and offers the Smashed Potato Soup as an option. The most unique slippers will be awarded, and the host is considering serving beer bread as an appetizer to get customers addicted to the dish.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Does it go over better to do a contest for ugliest or cutest slippers?

I have a host who doesn't know what one she wants...and honestly, I have never done this theme show before!! She wants me to recommend one to her!

Part of me thinks that the Ugliest would be really funny and silly. And just in case someone(s) really don't have nice slippers it's ok. Plus it presents the be comfortable with what you have idea.

especially for those folks who may have gotten ugly slippers for christmas. i know i got some interesting ones from my mother in law. not that i'm grateful, as i would wear them in the house (i'm always cold), but just wouldn't wear them if someone was over visiting. it's like having an ugly christmas sweater party. you'd be amazed at what people would find/wear.

I'm thinking about doing this theme for my January shows. Any good recipe ideas?

I am having Soup and Slippers show in Jan too! We are having the Quick Turkey Chili. I love it and everytime I make it my family leaves very little leftovers. Plus it shows off the Deep Covered Baker. I know there are a few other great soups, but I can't think of what they are called right now.

I want to show off my new SS cookware. I'm using my 12" skillet to make the soup and the 10" to double the garlic bites recipes. I'm using the mini loaf pan for corn bread. A SOUP AND SLIPPERS
PAMPERED CHEF PARTY!
Your Choice of:
Smashed Potato Soup

or

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

And

Corn bread

And

Garlic Bites

The most unique slippers will be awarded. This will avoid the ugly award.

Julie, you should serve Beer Bread - just might get some customers adicted to the stuff.

That's a lot of ingredients for the chili. Do you have your host get all those?

And do you use our Pantry SW seasoning instead of the taco seasoning? yum!

I may do this recipe too...I guess the ingredients are a lot of what they probably already have at home..and the rest is cheap enough...

I am offering the Smashed Potato Soup. BeckyD posted the changes to the recipe so you can do it in the micro and showcase the DCB.

OK...ugliest slippers win! Thanks for the input!

I did the Chicken Alfredo Soup last year and did the garlic pull-aparts. Both were a big hit. We did not do the slippers, the host just didnt want to - but it was a good show and everyone enjoyed the soup theme.

I'll have to look for the smashed potato soup changes - thats a good recipe too and I like the idea! Another awesome recipe is our Thai Shrimp Bisque. That has become a favorite of me and DH but I have to warn you it is spicy! But for the right crowd - awesome and very cute served in the small bowls and squares.

KellyTheChef said:
I am offering the Smashed Potato Soup. BeckyD posted the changes to the recipe so you can do it in the micro and showcase the DCB.

I tried looking for the changes to the recipe that showcases the DCB and can't find it. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Great idea on the beer bread Linda. I love that stuff.

pamperedpals said:
I tried looking for the changes to the recipe that showcases the DCB and can't find it. Can someone help?

Thanks!
Here you go! Thanks to ChefBeckyD!!

Smashed Potato Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 59)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 (1 lb, 4 oz) pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and crisply cooked, crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.

Makes 4 servings.

To make in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave:
Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in the DCB - covered - for about 4 minutes. Add all the rest of ingredients, except sour cream & parsley, and heat in microwave for about 8 minutes (covered). Add sour cream, heat for 2 more minutes, and then add parsley. Stir, and serve.

Just made the smashed potato soup in the DCB in the micro. It turned out good. I even made the mashed potatoes in the lrg micro cooker instead of using premade. This could be a good demo. I'm wondering how it would work to use an extra half cup of broth and no milk. I didn't put sour cream in either.
I really like the turkey chili, but I will offer this soup as a second choice.

I am doing the Soup and Slippers Theme this month(January). The hosts think it is a lot of fun. Here is what I put on my invites:
Soup and Slippers Night
Come with slippers on and enjoy a cup of
Hot Potato Soup.
We will have a contest to see who has the
craziest slippers.

ChefNic said:
That's a lot of ingredients for the chili. Do you have your host get all those?

And do you use our Pantry SW seasoning instead of the taco seasoning? yum!

I may do this recipe too...I guess the ingredients are a lot of what they probably already have at home..and the rest is cheap enough...

It is a lot of ingredients, but a lot of them are basic things like oil, salt, flour, garlic etc. I do bring the SW seasoning and if they don't have fresh garlic I bring that too. No one has complained about it being too much.

The recipe I have calls for SW not taco seasoning.

Attachments

• quick_turkey_chilli.pdf
    276.2 KB · Views: 335
I just did the Turkey Chili this weekend, and took the ingredients myself. It was only about $8. Of course, I didn't get the 99% lean turkey because it was twice the price of the 85/15 turkey. So I used that and didn't add any oil.

Does anyone have the recipe for the chicken veg alfredo soup?

chefsteph07 said:
Does anyone have the recipe for the chicken veg alfredo soup?

I second this request. I'm so excited to offer this as an idea even into Feb. since I have a lot more Feb shows that Jan..

I'm so excited to make both the chicken veg alfredo soup and the potato soup!

This recipe can be great to make a party! Bake the bread bowls before the guests arrive...when they walk in the house will smell like fresh baked bread!!!

The rest of the recipe goes quite fast. It shows the stones and the cookware along with many other tools!

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

1 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup chopped carrots (my addition...juilliene would be nice too and would show another tool!)
1/2 cup onion
1/2 diced red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can (14 - 14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 tablespoon of snipped basil
1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

Can be served with Bread Bowl. Ingredients for bread bowl is:
2 packages (13.8 oz each) refrigerated pizza crust (not Pillsbury type, but the raw dough type)
olive oil
1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese

Yeild 4 servings of soup (makes 5 1/2 cups) and 4 bread bowls

Bake bread bowls first:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove dough from package and cut in half (2 loaves cut in half will equal 4 pieces of dough)
Place dough cut side down on Large Round Stone; press lightly to form 4 1/2 inch rounds.

2. Brush dough with 4 teaspoons of olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 cup frsh grated Parmesan cheese. Bake 21-23 minutes or until deep golden brown.

3. To serve, slice off top of each bread round; carefully romove centers to form bowls. (Hint: do not dig too much out or it will leak out of the bowl). Place on plates and ladle soup into bowls.

Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in large microcooker (no water needed) Microwave on high 4 minutes, open carefully and turn. Microwave on high an additional 4 minutes. Depending on thickness of chicken, you may need to microwave an additional 2 to 4 minutes. Using your hold and slice, cut through chicken to see if all pinkness is gone or temp the center to 165 degrees. Using Hold and Slice, hold the hot chicken and dice into bite size pieces. Set aside.

Soup:
1. Chop broccoli, carrots and onion with Food Chopper. Dice bell peper using Santuko knife. Plave broccoli, carrots, onion,pepper and pressed garlic in Medium Executive cookware Saucepan (3 qt.). Add broth and bring to a boil. Cove, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

2. Snip basil and set aside. Add diced cooked chicken and Alfredo Sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.

3. Ladle soup into bread bowls and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Last edited:
baychef said:
3. To serve, slice off top of each bread round; carefully romove centers to form bowls. (Hint: do not dig too much out or it will leak out of the bowl). Place on plates and ladle soup into bowls.

in half (2 loaves cut in half will equal 4 pieces of dough)

Place dough cut side down on Large Round Stone; press lightly to form 4 1/2 inch rounds.

My question is about the 4 1/2 inch rounds...

Does that mean to take that portion of the dough, and have it round, as in the shape of a ball..

Sorry...Just trying to get the visual..This sounds like a true winner of an idea.

Does anyone have the variation for cooking the Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup in the deep covered baker? The recipe listed here is for if you were cooking it on the stove top. Anyone??

KellyTheChef said:
Here you go! Thanks to ChefBeckyD!!

Smashed Potato Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 59)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 (1 lb, 4 oz) pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and crisply cooked, crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Ladle soup into bowls; top with desired toppings.

Makes 4 servings.

To make in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave:
Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in the DCB - covered - for about 4 minutes. Add all the rest of ingredients, except sour cream & parsley, and heat in microwave for about 8 minutes (covered). Add sour cream, heat for 2 more minutes, and then add parsley. Stir, and serve.

Another idea from Becky... add some chopped onion to the celery and carrot part. I added this to my demo last night and we all loved the soup!

Tonight I made it for the family but I didn't have any of the store bought mashed potatoes. Instead, I made up one envelope of the Betty Crocker Butter and Herb flavored potato mixes. Still just as good...but a much cheaper alternative (especially considering that the BC potatoes I have were purchased using my "Grocery Game" list and I only paid .30 per box...which means my one envelope only cost .15!) I think I figured that the WHOLE single recipe of soup, including cheese and bacon bits (as toppers) cost less than $3!!

One more thing...if you need to DOUBLE the recipe, it still works (and fits!) in the DCB. Just adjust the time on the microwave to longer for each part!

I added not only chopped (very fine!) onion but a bit of brocoli as well. This is the only way I eat brocoli. I added some color but did not change the taste much.

It was great!

I love the corn chowder in the Soup, Stews recipe cards or the smashed potato soup

My favorite is the Thai Shrimp Bisque - If you like spicy, yummmmm !!!

Invitations?Does anyone have any cute invitations they made up for a soup & slippers show? I would love to "borrow" it. :)

you can also make smaller sized bread bowls if you have the mini bundt stone. sounds strange but works perfectly! Flip it over... spray/coat the bottom side of the mini bundts take your dough and stretch it over the bundts take a whole egg scrambled and baste the outside of the dough and bake till golden brown. you get more bowls guests think it is wonderful

1. What is the purpose of the Best Slippers Contest?

The Best Slippers Contest is a fun way to engage guests at a Pampered Chef theme show and encourage them to share their unique style and creativity. It is also a great opportunity to showcase our line of slippers and how they can be both functional and fashionable.

2. How do I host a Best Slippers Contest at my theme show?

To host a Best Slippers Contest, simply announce it at the beginning of your theme show and encourage guests to participate. Provide a designated area for guests to display their slippers and have them vote on their favorite pair at the end of the show. You can also offer prizes for the winner and runner-up.

3. Are there any rules for the Best Slippers Contest?

The only rule for the Best Slippers Contest is to have fun and be creative! Guests can wear any type of slippers they like, whether they are cute, ugly, or themed. The only requirement is that they must be Pampered Chef slippers.

4. Can I still participate in the Best Slippers Contest if I don't have Pampered Chef slippers?

While we encourage guests to wear Pampered Chef slippers, we understand that not everyone may have a pair. In this case, guests can still participate by wearing their own slippers and voting on their favorite pair.

5. Can I incorporate the Best Slippers Contest into a virtual theme show?

Absolutely! The Best Slippers Contest can be adapted for a virtual theme show by having guests take a photo of their slippers and submitting it online. You can then display the photos during the show and have guests vote through a poll or comment section.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison