• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sort of Proud of Myself- Avoided a Postponement!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the host's fear of picking up the phone and reaching out to potential guests for her upcoming party. The speaker helps the host overcome her reservations by providing tips and tools, and even offers to take care of some of the invitations for her. The host is hesitant to invite her coworkers, but the speaker suggests inviting peers and encouraging them to bring a friend. The speaker's husband doesn't understand her efforts, but the group of friends listening are proud of her and excited to hear how the party turns out. The host ultimately decides on a brunch party for this coming Saturday.
esavvymom
Staff member
I really need to work on my Host Coaching skills (along with customer care)-my fear of the phone cripples my mind to pick up the phone- USUALLY. I do eventually, but I'm not that good at it.

I had a host I HAD to call again tonight...she's been dragging her feet on the invitation list, and from day 1, I had a feeling this would happen. She felt very uncomfortable about inviting her co-workers, because she's a manager. She didn't want them to feel 'obligated'. She had a 'vibe'. SO I armed her with some tools to make it easier, but she's been a hard-sell so to speak.

Well, last week, I had talked to her about her list. Still hadn't heard from her and I finally had a chance to call her tonight. She still hadn't done it- and hadn't opened my email (which had the "F.R.A.N.K." thing in there- figured it'd be less intimidating than my usual 50-in-5 that's in my host packet). While on the phone...I kept hearing Tammy Stanley's words.

<Host> "Maybe I shouldn't do this. I'm thinking maybe I should just postpone."
<Me> "Are you unsure because we haven't gotten the invitations out?"
<Host> "Yes- exactly! I'm afraid no one will come."
<Me> "You know, what I've actually found is that it's better to not invite too far out. THe longer it's on someone's calendar, the more of a commitment it may seem. If folks are free, and want to come, they will come! "
<Host> "Really?"
<Me> "Yes. Why don't we do this....can you think of a few names of those you'd invite?"
<Host> "I can think of 4 or 5." (She also mentioned 2 out-of-town grown kids. As she talked, she realized she could think of a few more...so she sort of talked herself into going ahead and doing it.)
<Me> "As far as those at work, I understand your hesitancy to invite those under you in your downline. But what about peers in your workplace? Other managers or supervisors?"
<Host> "Yes. I can invite about 6 or 7 of those."
<Me> "When you mention your show to them, encourage them to bring a friend. If they do, they'll both get a free gift."

Anyway....you get the idea.....I turned her around, got her going on a reasonable guest list (I've had worse!!), and I about made her cry because I was being so sensitive to her situation - she works ALOT of hours, and is very busy, so I was telling her to let me take care of many of the invitations (email), and she's going to be at the office on Monday- (no one else will be there), so was going to invite her co-workers by putting an invitation or something under their doors. I asked her if it would help if I emailed her a flyer/invitation with all of the information for her show, and then she could just print it off and slip it under their door. That's when she about cried. :)

My DH didn't understand....he just rolled his eyes like I was wasting my time trying to convince her to have the show. The world is black and white to him. But I knew you guys would understand my small victory- not only for this show and this host, but those that know me...for ME! I was able to think through and save the show from doom. Will it be a success? Who knows....but I'll do my best with what I have. Beats having nothing to try with!

Thanks for reading....sorry so long. :)

Congratulations! You did a great job.

That is awesome!! And she will be more excited because you didn't pressure her. You just helped her think it through! You go girl!!

You have a right to be proud. You did a great job. And taught us, too!

That is great. Good job! and thanks for sharing....

when's the show? Would love to hear how it turns out!

The show is this coming Saturday. She was also still undecided on a time and had kept saying she wanted to check with a few other people. I asked her "what works best for YOU....what do YOU want to do?". She responded she didn't want evening...and I said "Great! How about a Brunch show?" She said perfect, so Saturday at 11am. (I like early shows- because I get home earlier!)I'll let you know how it goes. :D

OM goodness bobbi! That is exactly how I wish I could do it! I did copy it so you know! I have a bad habit of giving up on my hosts after a bit when they give up! I gotta use this. I have a party in March where the host has a set list of people she invites. She rarely goes outside the box. With this "conversation" maybe I can get her to rethink it. OOO I can't wait to give it a go! Maybe I can finally up my attendance for all my "loyal" hosts! THANK YOU for the post! AWESOME! GREAT SUCCESS TOMORROW!

Last edited:
You should email this to Tammy Stanley. She would love that you are using her techniques and they are working!

DebbieJ said:
You should email this to Tammy Stanley. She would love that you are using her techniques and they are working!

I was going to say the same. Or, put it on her Facebook page.

John's right. This is so encouraging, it makes me want to pick up the phone! Well, not right now, since it's almost 12:30am my time - but in the morning, for sure.

Bobbi, I am SO proud of you and WITH you 100% I'm top in my cluster, have sales up the yingyang, but my husband says, yeah, right! So.. my goal is Maui. I'm REALLY trying to do this, which between you and me and the PC 'ers looks slim...BUT it's on my "goal board" and I'm hoping to make it....So, that being said..put up your goals in front of you....and GO FOR IT!!

Bobbi - I'm looking at the calendar - and it is now Saturday -- I know you are gonna be awesome and I can't wait to hear how your teamwork with this host proves to be a success. And that host is going to be so pleased with her 50% more FREE! Congratulations for hanging in there and working it.

Sorry _ I meant it's NEXT Saturday...(23rd). :) I'll keep you posted, and glad you guys got something from it! I know I've learned alot from everyone here too.

Update #1:So we didn't exactly POSTPONE, but the live cooking show didn't happen. No matter how I tried, she didn't go through- because no one RSVP'd they were coming, or she got several who told her they definitely couldn't. Well, when you only invite 10-12 people and you know most CAN't come, it's likely no one will. But she did get some orders...I'll know this weekend how much.Not much you can do with a "Debbie Downer" who sees the glass as half-empty all the time. :)

But you got to practice at least, so there is that!!

This was great coaching!! I am going to keep it in mind...

So how did it go? How many people came? How were the sales? How was your host doing? I hope it was a success!

TheFreddiesCook said:
This was great coaching!! I am going to keep it in mind...

So how did it go? How many people came? How were the sales? How was your host doing? I hope it was a success!

I posted earlier- the LIVE show didn't happen. She didn't have any RSVPs that were coming. But it's a catalog show. Although it would have been hilarious if folks DID show up at her door this morning at 11am. :D

She only invited maybe 10 people? and her whole attitude was very down and defeated even before she invited! So I'm sure that didn't help much. When you have an attitude that "oh well, no one will come" when you hand them an invitation...would YOU want to go to that party?? Anyway. her daughter added a few invitations to.

So far, I think she'll make a minimum $150 show. If she can do that, I can help her get the DCB at a discount by combining her FPV and her host discount. Hopefully that will make her happy.....not that she's not happy with me. I can only do so much, ya know? But I'm still pleased with myself and how I handled it and remembered my training! But, only so much you can do to the host....they are after all, adults! (most of the time).

FINAL UPDATE: SHOW TOTALAmazingly enough, she is closing her show at $202 in guest sales/ $225 in Commissionable Sales.YEAH!!! It bumps me over the pay rate to get my extra 2% for the month too! :)
Not bad pay for very little work! It's still a small catalog show, but considering it almost didn't happen, I'm very pleased.She is such a pessimistic person or a doubter..I'm not sure. She kept saying "Is that good??" - in a very unsure way- like she lacked self confidence in her show/orders, etc.I was like. Yeahaw! Yes..this is great! You did fantastic with everything that was going on and I know you work alot, etc etc. Once I tallied it up- I gave her the rough estimate on how much she SAVED (almost $100), she was very happy with that then.Too funny.
Bad thing is, now i have NOTHING on the horizon and I have to get my "queen of excuses" b*tt on the phone this week!!! :)

1. How did you avoid a postponement?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have access to a variety of resources and tools to help me plan and prepare for events. By utilizing these resources and staying organized, I was able to ensure that everything was ready for the event and avoid any potential postponements.

2. What steps did you take to prevent a postponement?

I made sure to communicate clearly with my host and guests, providing them with all the necessary information and making sure they were prepared for the event. I also double-checked all supplies and ingredients to ensure that everything was available and accounted for.

3. Did you have any help in avoiding the postponement?

While I primarily took the lead in preventing the postponement, I did have support from my team and fellow Pampered Chef consultants. We often share tips and strategies for successful events, and their advice and support were invaluable in this situation.

4. What other tips do you have for avoiding postponements?

In addition to staying organized and communicating effectively, it's important to have a backup plan in case of any unforeseen issues. This could include having extra supplies on hand or having a contingency plan for any potential difficulties.

5. How did avoiding the postponement benefit you and your business?

Avoiding a postponement not only ensured a successful event, but it also helped to maintain the trust and satisfaction of my host and guests. This can lead to future bookings and referrals, ultimately benefiting my business in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl