• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miracle on the Highway: Parents Survive Head-on Collision

OK. I am so very sorry about their trip. I know how very much they were looking forward to it. I'm glad you can be with them and help to take care of them. I know that means the world to them. Hugs to everyone!!!In summary, Morfia's parents were in a serious car accident but thankfully survived due to seatbelts and airbags. Her mother, who had recently had knee replacements, is sore but released from the hospital. They had to cancel their planned trip to Greece. Morfia and her family are grateful for everyone's prayers and support during this difficult time.
morfia said:
yes--thanks again-We figured it out-a bit--so far so good-

Oh good, I'm glad. I hope they have a wonderful time.

I can't believe that got to go! That's great news!!

i'm so glad that they're feeling better!! Congrats!

THERE BACK!! Dad's hands are heeled-Mom is spunky again----They bought a Rav 4 not sure if they like it yet--LOL----Tough raising parents--They will only be here for 8 more days:( big bummer-

thank you for sharing this morfia...so glad to know they are okay

you ain't kiddin'!

My folks moved here because I am the only one out of 8 kids (5 my family, 3 step-family) that they can count on.......I am grateful that they are here as I think I got the better end of the deal! My kids get to have such a close relationship with them and I LLLLOOOOOVVVVVEEEE being able to just go hang with them anytime I want.......

then there is the down side.........as posted in my "prayers needed" thread!

I was worried about them. Glad to hear they're doing well. And I think they'll love their Rav4! That's what I drive and I love it.

Meg, there is no downside. You do have more "duties" but you will always have those times to treasure. When my mother was in her last 2 months with cancer I was a new director and I went up into a small town in WI with no computer access and became her 24/7 nurse for 2 months and I dozed (not slept) on a chair almost every night of that whole time. My business suffered of course (I was on track for that 25th anniversary trip to Chicago that October when it happened too). But I was the only one who would do it. She lived up there with my brother. Two of my sisters lived 4 hours away and another about 8 I lived 1300 miles (like 23 hours). My husband and teen sons were on their own here and my life was on hold.

I got to be there for her and I wouldn't have it any other way. It would have been much easier if she had been here. My sons and husband would have relieved me enough to at least get a couple hours of sleep in a bed. I would have seen/touched my life.

But I wouldn't change it. Our prayers are with you and even at the worse times know that you will some day appreciate the gift that you got for giving this to them.

<h2>1. How did airbags and seatbelts save the lives of the parents in the head-on collision?</h2><p>Airbags and seatbelts are designed to protect passengers in the event of a collision. The airbags help to absorb the impact and prevent the passengers from hitting hard surfaces inside the car. Seatbelts hold passengers in place, preventing them from being thrown from the vehicle and reducing the risk of serious injury or death.</p><h2>2. What happened at the scene of the accident?</h2><p>The writer arrived at the scene of the accident 30 minutes after it occurred and saw the ambulance leaving with the mother on a board. The father checked in later and had burns from the airbag. The mother was released from the hospital but is sore from the accident. She had bi-lateral total knee replacements earlier this year and is now going to see if they have shifted due to the collision. The seatbelt mark held her in place and is also causing soreness.</p><h2>3. Why were the parents unable to go on their planned trip to Greece?</h2><p>The parents had tickets to Greece for Wednesday, but due to the accident and their injuries, they are unable to go. The writer expresses their gratitude for understanding and emphasizes that the priority now is to focus on the recovery of the injured parents.</p><h2>4. How did the writer handle the situation?</h2><p>The writer was proactive and took immediate action by calling the emergency services and making sure the parents received prompt medical attention. They also made phone calls to inform others of the situation and continued to book appointments for their business.</p><h2>5. How did the writer express their appreciation?</h2><p>The writer thanks the person who called Vanessa and acknowledges that they made many calls throughout the night. They also mention that they are still booking appointments for August, indicating that they are grateful for the support and understanding during this difficult time.</p>

1. How did airbags and seatbelts save the lives of the parents in the head-on collision?

Airbags and seatbelts are designed to protect passengers in the event of a collision. The airbags help to absorb the impact and prevent the passengers from hitting hard surfaces inside the car. Seatbelts hold passengers in place, preventing them from being thrown from the vehicle and reducing the risk of serious injury or death.

2. What happened at the scene of the accident?

The writer arrived at the scene of the accident 30 minutes after it occurred and saw the ambulance leaving with the mother on a board. The father checked in later and had burns from the airbag. The mother was released from the hospital but is sore from the accident. She had bi-lateral total knee replacements earlier this year and is now going to see if they have shifted due to the collision. The seatbelt mark held her in place and is also causing soreness.

3. Why were the parents unable to go on their planned trip to Greece?

The parents had tickets to Greece for Wednesday, but due to the accident and their injuries, they are unable to go. The writer expresses their gratitude for understanding and emphasizes that the priority now is to focus on the recovery of the injured parents.

4. How did the writer handle the situation?

The writer was proactive and took immediate action by calling the emergency services and making sure the parents received prompt medical attention. They also made phone calls to inform others of the situation and continued to book appointments for their business.

5. How did the writer express their appreciation?

The writer thanks the person who called Vanessa and acknowledges that they made many calls throughout the night. They also mention that they are still booking appointments for August, indicating that they are grateful for the support and understanding during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy