• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miracle on the Highway: Parents Survive Head-on Collision

OK. I am so very sorry about their trip. I know how very much they were looking forward to it. I'm glad you can be with them and help to take care of them. I know that means the world to them. Hugs to everyone!!!In summary, Morfia's parents were in a serious car accident but thankfully survived due to seatbelts and airbags. Her mother, who had recently had knee replacements, is sore but released from the hospital. They had to cancel their planned trip to Greece. Morfia and her family are grateful for everyone's prayers and support during this difficult time.
MORFIA
Gold Member
Sorry for last night! Parents were in a HEAD on collision-ALL I CAN SAY IS AIRBAGS AND SEATBELTS-saved there lives and the young girl who ran a red light-we were at the scene 30 minutes away in 5 minutes-what felt like an hour-to see the ambulance leaving mom on a board-Dad checked in later-Burns from air bag--Mom is released but is pretty sore-just had bi-lateral total knee replacements this year-last one 5 month ago--so on to see if they shifted--the seatbelt mark really held her and is so sore--Glad to see them alive-time of accident 905pm ---
parents have $3000 in tickets to Greece-for Wednesday--NOT happening-now its just time---Thanks for understanding-thank GOD I had Carolyns # Thanx Meg for calling Vanessa-made lots of calls last night--still booking August--!

Morfia! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I have been praying for you and your parents since I heard about this when I logged to my computer this morning. God is good! Thank goodness for seatbelts and airbags too.

I am so relieved to hear that they are okay. Those injuries will heal quickly - they can always reschedule their trip.

Morfia:

I'm so glad your parents are doing well, under the circumstances! We'll continue to keep them in our prayers.

Mary

on a lighter note- I think i have a catalog party from the hospital--:)I planted books around--I saw a Nurse pick it up so excited it was NEW--I said nothing--it was not the time-but neat to see it go--Mom was so proud

Morfia...{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to all of you!! What a scarey thing for all of you. Glad to hear that all are on the mend.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

Gosh Morfia! I'm so sorry but thank god they're okay. I read it last night but didn't get on the call b/c I feel sick as a dog.

Will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

Thanks for updating us! I was thinking and praying for you and your family all night!!!!!

And PS....congrats on booking that party!! Once my father had to be admitted to the ER...his bp was down to 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bugeye: over not too much!! I had a PC purse and while he was being admitted the admitting nurse asked me about PC when she was taking his temp or something you don't need to pay attention to while it is processing. I gave her a book and she was going to call me but never did:(.

My Dad teased me and said he wanted to know what his cut was on my commission!!! His sense of humor rarely leaves him! This happened a few years ago and he is doing great at 76!

Morfia, Danielle sends her prayers too.

WHEW! I hate that they aren't going to Greece (my all time favorite destination that I want to go to before I die!) but so grateful they are ok.....

glad we could track down Vanessa and I hope it was OK to do that?!

Morfia I was just getting on to see if there was an update for you. I'm glad things are so much better than originally thought. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

chefmeg said:
WHEW! I hate that they aren't going to Greece (my all time favorite destination that I want to go to before I die!) but so grateful they are ok.....

glad we could track down Vanessa and I hope it was OK to do that?!

of coarse--she is my girl--xoxoox

i love my team--

Morfia,
Thanks for the update. Wow, that must've been scary. I'll be praying for your parents' fast recovery. Keep us posted! Thank God they were ok.

Thank you for the update Morfia. Have had you and your folks in my thoughts all day.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Morfia.

glad they are ok Morfia, whew

Just got home and caught-up with the emails and posts. I'm glad your parents are doing well! Keep us posted. Sorry to hear about the Greece trip though - hope they can reschedule it w/o loosing too much $$.

Fianlly able to sign on to the internet after almost a week! So sorry to hear about the accident but very glad to hear your parents are okay. Will pray for complete healing and a safe trip to Greece when they finally do go!

I am sorry to hear about your parents! I am thrilled, like everyone else that they are okay! You are lucky to be close enough to visit with them. I'm sorry to hear about their trip. Hopefully their tickets can be tranferred.

Please keep us posted on their recovery. We will be praying for them.

How are they doing tonight?

Morfia, my thoughts and prayers were and are with you and your family. Beth kept me informed while I couldn't get on CS or DCS. I am thrilled they are well and will be recovering to make the trip another day.

ok-update

Mom is on ice therapy to reduce the black-blue's for the seat belt--You know where it hit her in the passenger seat-so=
so sore-and on exercises-to build up muscles around knees-

Ortho-Dr. did a extensive exam-

Dad's burns cannot get wet--not fun when you want to go to Greece-
They are both sore and shook up still-but are on the mends-

Thanks for updating us!

no problem--

Morfia - do you need anything from us? I know you aren't the type to ask for help, but we are a huge family and that is one of the first things people said when they came on the call Sunday night.

If you want to send cards=they would probably LOVE it-
----your the BEST-Mary & Chris Sevastakis
C/O 6 seqouia ct
brielle nj 08730

Just to be clear, do we need to '-' here: Chris-Sevastakis?

fixed-
thanx

SO glad to hear they are on the mend and thank you so much for updating us.

Card going out in today's mail :)

One from here too! ;)

Just in--Car is TOTALED-frame is bent--Can't be mad it saved there lives-
Honda CRV

It is a huge pain and you're right... their lives are worth WAY more than the value of the car.

finley1991 said:
It is a huge pain and you're right... their lives are worth WAY more than the value of the car.

you bet what a GREAT car!! It really saved them=

Morfia,
I just got back from vacation......sorry to hear about your parents accident I'm glad they are ok & on the mend. Your in my thoughts & prayers :angel:

--cards are a coming-thanks-
Addie got the mailer thanks-they are going to be thrilled-

Morfia....I just read your post. Just got back online. I'm glad there everyone is okay.

morfia said:
--cards are a coming-thanks-
Addie got the mailer thanks-

they are going to be thrilled-
Just saw this, sooo glad they are doing a better.

Yay!!! Did you get both? I'm glad it made it in time, let me know what the mystery one was afterall. LOL

-Lucy

all I can say is Mom and Dad received 3 cards today-It brought tears to there eyes-THANKS A MILLION---THEY ARE SO TOUCHED!!

up-date=They are IN GREECE-I walked them to the counter-ahead of 200 people ID myself-(airline wife) they put them on the plane and took good care of them--NY to athens- Athens to Samos----mom said the plane had max turbulance and people were screaming at the top of there lungs- she is so funny-still has a pretty good attitude-she said it was like being in a canoe when a speed boat passes-the wake was so bad---You really helped them by reaching them with your cards and prayers---thanks a million----

I am SOOOOO glad they still got to go! YIPEE!!!!

me too--they are still in pain-but are tough cookies---

The trip will be sooooo good for them!

That is so awesome they could still go!! Good for them. I'm glad to hear they're doing better!!!

Wow, this is great news!

Morfia did you get my messages?

Those tough cookies are gonna have a great time!! Good for them. Happy to read the good news.

Addie4TLC said:
Morfia did you get my messages?

yes--thanks again-We figured it out-a bit--so far so good-

I am so excited for them that they could still go! How awesome!!

...did my card get there before they left? Sorry it was send out so late.

not yet-It will still be very SPECIAL and if there is more we have 3 weeks till there home-

<h2>1. How did airbags and seatbelts save the lives of the parents in the head-on collision?</h2><p>Airbags and seatbelts are designed to protect passengers in the event of a collision. The airbags help to absorb the impact and prevent the passengers from hitting hard surfaces inside the car. Seatbelts hold passengers in place, preventing them from being thrown from the vehicle and reducing the risk of serious injury or death.</p><h2>2. What happened at the scene of the accident?</h2><p>The writer arrived at the scene of the accident 30 minutes after it occurred and saw the ambulance leaving with the mother on a board. The father checked in later and had burns from the airbag. The mother was released from the hospital but is sore from the accident. She had bi-lateral total knee replacements earlier this year and is now going to see if they have shifted due to the collision. The seatbelt mark held her in place and is also causing soreness.</p><h2>3. Why were the parents unable to go on their planned trip to Greece?</h2><p>The parents had tickets to Greece for Wednesday, but due to the accident and their injuries, they are unable to go. The writer expresses their gratitude for understanding and emphasizes that the priority now is to focus on the recovery of the injured parents.</p><h2>4. How did the writer handle the situation?</h2><p>The writer was proactive and took immediate action by calling the emergency services and making sure the parents received prompt medical attention. They also made phone calls to inform others of the situation and continued to book appointments for their business.</p><h2>5. How did the writer express their appreciation?</h2><p>The writer thanks the person who called Vanessa and acknowledges that they made many calls throughout the night. They also mention that they are still booking appointments for August, indicating that they are grateful for the support and understanding during this difficult time.</p>

1. How did airbags and seatbelts save the lives of the parents in the head-on collision?

Airbags and seatbelts are designed to protect passengers in the event of a collision. The airbags help to absorb the impact and prevent the passengers from hitting hard surfaces inside the car. Seatbelts hold passengers in place, preventing them from being thrown from the vehicle and reducing the risk of serious injury or death.

2. What happened at the scene of the accident?

The writer arrived at the scene of the accident 30 minutes after it occurred and saw the ambulance leaving with the mother on a board. The father checked in later and had burns from the airbag. The mother was released from the hospital but is sore from the accident. She had bi-lateral total knee replacements earlier this year and is now going to see if they have shifted due to the collision. The seatbelt mark held her in place and is also causing soreness.

3. Why were the parents unable to go on their planned trip to Greece?

The parents had tickets to Greece for Wednesday, but due to the accident and their injuries, they are unable to go. The writer expresses their gratitude for understanding and emphasizes that the priority now is to focus on the recovery of the injured parents.

4. How did the writer handle the situation?

The writer was proactive and took immediate action by calling the emergency services and making sure the parents received prompt medical attention. They also made phone calls to inform others of the situation and continued to book appointments for their business.

5. How did the writer express their appreciation?

The writer thanks the person who called Vanessa and acknowledges that they made many calls throughout the night. They also mention that they are still booking appointments for August, indicating that they are grateful for the support and understanding during this difficult time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy