• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe

In summary, the hostess made Sopapilla Cheesecake to go with the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29 Minutes cookbook. It was so good and very easy. The recipe is as follows: -Mix together 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract, and 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted. -Line a 9x13 baking pan with one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and flatten. -Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls. -Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of the cream cheese mixture
legacypc46
Gold Member
jenf said:
At my show last week, the hostess made Sopapilla Cheesecake to go with the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29 Minutes cookbook. It was so good and very easy. Here is the recipe:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar

Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan. Flatten.
Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.
Spread over the crescent rolls.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Does anyone know if this is a good make ahead recipe? I want to make it for friends but am worried the crust may get soggy if it sits ahead for a day. Thanks!
leggy

ooooh, someone was just talking about this recipe the other day....thanks for posting the recipe:thumbup: (sorry I'm no help to your question!)Sopapilla cheesecake is a delicious dessert that combines the flavors of creamy cheesecake with the sweetness of sopapillas, a traditional Spanish and Mexican pastry. Here's a simple recipe for sopapilla cheesecake:Ingredients:For the Cheesecake Filling:
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
For the Sopapilla Topping:
  • 2 (8-ounce) cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
  3. Add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture and beat until well combined. Set this cheesecake filling aside.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. This will be used for the sopapilla topping.
  5. Open one can of crescent roll dough and press it into the bottom of your greased baking dish, creating an even layer. Be sure to pinch any seams together.
  6. Pour the melted butter over the crescent roll dough in the baking dish. Sprinkle about half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the butter.
  7. Spread the cream cheese filling over the crescent roll layer in the baking dish.
  8. Open the second can of crescent roll dough and place it on top of the cream cheese filling. Stretch and press the dough to reach the edges of the baking dish.
  9. Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the top layer of dough. Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the top.
  10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheesecake is set in the middle.
  11. Allow the sopapilla cheesecake to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate it for at least a couple of hours to firm up.
  12. Once the sopapilla cheesecake has cooled and set, you can cut it into squares and serve. It's delicious on its own, or you can add a drizzle of honey, a dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for extra indulgence.
Enjoy your homemade sopapilla cheesecake! It's a delightful dessert that combines the best of cheesecake and sopapillas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made this and am Totally adicted to it!!!!! It is still good the next day but not as good.

BTW: This is too big for the med bar pan! use the deep 9x13 or large bar pan and just do not cover the whole pan.

I forgot to add I have adapted this recipe to make cheese cake wraps.
Mix Cr. Cheese sugar and extract as recipe states
spread a few TBSP on flour tortillia wrap, and grill on grill pan. YUM

I also do sauted cinimon apples and add it in the tortillia as well. My family loves it. I get my cheese cake fix and di not spend hrs or a million dollars to get it!

Sopapilla cheesecake is a delightful dessert that combines the flavors of creamy cheesecake with the sweetness of sopapillas, a traditional Spanish and Mexican pastry. It's a popular dessert in many parts of the United States and is known for its rich, creamy, and slightly cinnamon-spiced flavor. Here's a bit more detail about what sopapilla cheesecake is:Key Elements:
  1. Cream Cheese Filling: The heart of sopapilla cheesecake is a creamy, sweet, and tangy cream cheese filling. This filling is typically made with cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and sometimes a touch of vanilla extract.
  2. Sopapilla Topping: Sopapillas are a type of fried pastry that's popular in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. The sopapilla topping in this dessert is created using crescent roll dough, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. The crescent roll dough creates a flaky, buttery layer on the top and bottom of the dessert, while the sugar and cinnamon add sweetness and flavor.
Preparation:To make sopapilla cheesecake, you typically start with a layer of crescent roll dough on the bottom of a baking dish. Then, you add the cream cheese filling on top of the dough. Another layer of crescent roll dough is placed on top of the cream cheese filling, and the whole dessert is often drizzled with a mixture of melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon.The dessert is then baked in the oven until the top is golden brown and the cream cheese filling has set. Once it cools and firms up in the refrigerator, you can cut it into squares or slices and enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures.Sopapilla cheesecake is a popular treat for gatherings, potlucks, and special occasions, and it's a wonderful fusion of two delicious desserts. It's often served as a dessert with a touch of honey, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream for extra sweetness.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the best sopapilla cheesecake?

To make the best sopapilla cheesecake, you will need the following ingredients: 2 cans of crescent rolls, 2 packages of cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of melted butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.

2. Can I use a different type of crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust such as graham cracker or cookie crust. However, the crescent roll crust adds a unique and delicious flavor to the cheesecake.

3. How long does it take to bake this sopapilla cheesecake?

The baking time for this sopapilla cheesecake recipe is approximately 25 minutes. However, it is important to keep an eye on the cheesecake and adjust the baking time if needed to ensure it is fully cooked and not overbaked.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. You can prepare the cheesecake and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. This is a great option for busy days or special occasions.

5. Can I use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese for this recipe?

While you can use low-fat or non-fat cream cheese, it may affect the texture and flavor of the cheesecake. We recommend using regular cream cheese for the best results and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • thefoodking
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies