• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How did you overcome stage fright when starting a new venture?

In summary, when facing stage fright in a new venture, practice and preparation are key. Rehearsing in front of friends and family and reminding oneself of the purpose of the presentation can help ease nerves. Knowing the products and presentation inside and out and staying calm and confident can help when presenting to strangers. Mistakes may happen, but acknowledging them and moving on is important. Before a presentation, try deep breathing, positive self-talk, and visualizing success to calm nerves.
plannerose
Hello all!! My name is Rose and I am hoping that I can start with PC this weekend. I already have several friends who have offered to host for me so I am really starting to get excited about doing this. My dh is actually the one to suggest that I do it. I am nervous due to I hate being the focal point of people but I will have to just deal with it. How do/did you get over standing up in front of people you possibly don't know?

Rose

Just remember that they are there to have a good time...and if you have a good time, chances are they will, too. You can admit that you're nervous...everyone's entitled to butterflies. I always took the opportunity in the beginning to announce that I was brand new as a consultant, and that I still had lots to learn but that I love my job and was looking forward to it! I think if you have enthusiasm for the products and for what PC can offer, you can't go wrong.

Where in FL are you? I'm in northeast Florida...

When I started I always joked and that it's called the Pampered Chef not the Perfect Chef and usually that lightens it up and they laugh. If ladies are sitting close to me I always warn them that their sitting within the splash zone. I just keep it very fun, and there have been times that we are all laughing so hard I could hardly continue. Also look for good tips to give them so that if it gets realy quiet and you get nervous you can bring that up while your cutting etc. Strangers are much easier to talk in front of then your friends and family because they don't know you. Good Luck!!!!

Katie, I'm in Tallahassee.

Welcome!

You can also go for a more interactive show, where your guests help you prepare the recipe so you're not as much of a focal point.

Welcome!! I'm in central florida!! Good luck with your new adventure! It's really an awesome company!

Welcome, and best wishes!

sherylscooking said:
Strangers are much easier to talk in front of then your friends and family because they don't know you. Good Luck!!!!
definitely agree with this. easier to sell to people you don't know.

When I first started, I used flash cards and told everyone I was new. Felt it took a little pressure off of me a bit. It gets easier with each show. Good luck!:)

I signed up yesterday for a consultant to contact me to see what I need to do to get started. I am getting really excited about it. Does anyone know about how long it takes for someone to contact you?

Rose

It depends on the person. They should get a notification right away, but it's up to that person to contact you. If you don't already have a personal consultant, there are plenty of ladies here on CS (including myself :D) who would love to help you get started.

Hi Rose,

If you went directly to the Pampered Chef website, you'll be given a team leader or aboves name. THey have 48 hours to contact you before you'll be re-assigned.

If you have any questions and that person does not contact you, I'll be happy to answer any thing!

good luck!

Hi, Rose! Welcome to CS! I'm in NE, Fl, too (Jacksonville). I just got a home office lead today BUT, it wasn't you :( ... her name is Gina, I called her right away, and she wanted me to meet her today! She signed just about 2 hours ago :) Sometimes the consultant who gets the lead isn't at their computer (maybe working or something) Hopefully they will call you today. I don't like that you are so anxious to start and just waiting for someone to call you. I can tell you are going to be a great consultant! In the meantime, if you have any questions feel free to post them here! We're all more than happy to help!

Oh, be sure to let us know what happens - when it becomes official :)!!

Thanks ladies!! I am wanting to give the consulant a couple of days to get in contact with me but patience is not one of my virtures(LOL). I can understand being really busy so I try to give things time.

Good times come to those who wait, right?

In the mean time, if you are sure you're going to sign up, you can start working on your list of contacts. You'll get a form with your kit for "The List of 100" which has categories of people you might know (friends, family, co-workers etc) and spaces to write their names. You can start with just a blank piece of paper and start writing names. Don't necessarily try to think of people that might benefit from the services your offer, just start writing names. You'll find that one person will often cause you to think of three more :D You can highlight the most likely candidates for shows or recruit leads on the list later, right now, you'll just want to concentrate on figuring out EVERYONE you know.

I just signed up!! YEA!!!

Congrats to u and the best adventure you will be on.

1. How did you overcome stage fright when starting a new venture?

When I first started with Pampered Chef, I was definitely nervous about being in the spotlight and presenting to people I didn't know. However, I found that the best way to overcome stage fright is to practice, practice, practice. I rehearsed my presentation in front of friends and family, and even in front of a mirror. This helped me feel more comfortable and confident when it came to presenting in front of strangers.

2. What if I don't like being the center of attention?

I completely understand that feeling! I used to be the same way. But one thing that helped me was to remember that I wasn't the focus of the presentation - the products were. I also reminded myself that I was there to help people and share something I was passionate about, which helped me feel more at ease.

3. How can I prepare for presenting to people I don't know?

One of the best ways to prepare for presenting to strangers is to know your products and your presentation inside and out. This will help boost your confidence and make it easier to engage with your audience. It's also helpful to have a script or outline to follow, so you don't feel lost or forget important points.

4. What if I make a mistake during my presentation?

Mistakes happen, and that's okay! The key is to not let it throw you off. If you make a mistake, simply acknowledge it and move on. Your audience will appreciate your honesty and authenticity. Remember, it's not about being perfect - it's about connecting with your audience and sharing your passion.

5. How can I calm my nerves before a presentation?

A few things that have helped me calm my nerves before a presentation are deep breathing, positive self-talk, and visualizing a successful presentation. Taking a few deep breaths before you start can help you relax and focus. Reminding yourself of your strengths and the value you have to offer can also help boost your confidence. And visualizing a successful presentation can help you feel more prepared and less anxious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keoh1952
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
  • Sjh5001