• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I combine my love for cooking with my college education?

In summary, Pampered Chef offers a unique opportunity for individuals to combine their love for cooking with their college education. The company provides flexible work schedules to allow for attending culinary school while earning income. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers training, support, and mentorship to develop cooking skills and build a successful business. Working for Pampered Chef is also fun, as it is a community of passionate individuals who share a love for cooking. Employees can gain valuable skills and experience in not only cooking but also business and marketing. To make the most out of a meeting with a Pampered Chef recruiter, one should come prepared with questions and be open to learning about the opportunities and resources available.
Mattheous
I'm meeting with a recruiter on Sunday. My idea is to work my way through culinary school/money to help pay for college, etc. I love the idea though, because I LOVE to cook!

Hopefully it'll be as fun as I think it will be!

Awesome! Welcome to the Wonderful World of Chef Success :D and The Pampered Chef.

Thanks! I'm a little nervous, because I'm not exactly your typical consultant...I'm a guy majoring in Philosophy in college!

Mattheous said:
Thanks! I'm a little nervous, because I'm not exactly your typical consultant...I'm a guy majoring in Philosophy in college!

Congrat's and welcome!

We have a lot of men consutlants here on CS. They are awesome! It nice to hear about our business from a man's perspective.

Yay another guy! Welcome! Come make friends with all the guys here.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited about it for sure!Kinda wish Pampered Chef made a Knife Roll though...

Welcome! I'm working my way through college, too. Pampered Chef is such a fun way to earn money and it's awesome because you can work around any busy schedule. I'm sure you will love it just as much as we all do :)

That's great news! I was actually researching it a lot last night, Morgan! Best of all: I live with my Grandparents (currently) next to the Country Club, and the Country Club Estates...

Mattheous said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited about it for sure!

Kinda wish Pampered Chef made a Knife Roll though...

They do - but it's just for consultants to use...when you sign, you'll be able to order one on Supply Order.

Welcome! I was a personal chef for several years - and PC has been a JOY for me! It's the most fun I've ever had at a job, and it's been very rewarding! Congratulations on starting your own business!

Mattheous said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited about it for sure!

Kinda wish Pampered Chef made a Knife Roll though...

Well, we have an 'almost-knife-roll'. It's available for consultant's only and it's called the "Show-to-go Knife Case". It has pouches/slots for all the Forged Cutlery (except the tomato knife b/c that came out afterwards) and zips up and folds in half. So, it doesn't roll, but it does the job of a knife roll. It's $20 and you can get it on a supply order.

I'm attaching a pic of it that I got off of the "Supply Order Fact Sheet" which can be downloaded on Consultant's Corner from the "Download Center" page.

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 348
leftymac said:
Well, we have an 'almost-knife-roll'. It's available for consultant's only and it's called the "Show-to-go Knife Case". It has pouches/slots for all the Forged Cutlery (except the tomato knife b/c that came out afterwards) and zips up and folds in half. So, it doesn't roll, but it does the job of a knife roll. It's $20 and you can get it on a supply order.

I'm attaching a pic of it that I got off of the "Supply Order Fact Sheet" which can be downloaded on Consultant's Corner from the "Download Center" page.

Ah, I see! Thank you so much--Google must be in ka-hoots with the Directors and hid the images from search!

I'm planning on keepng my personal tools and my Consultant Kit separate--I'm also Steward at my local Lodge. My Victorinox 125th Aniversary Edition Chef Knife came today--I'm going to try it out tonight.

leftymac said:

Keith? Why does your mood say Bitchy and then you write such a wonderful welcome message to him?? :grumpy:

Welcome....looks like you found a great niche. You're totally thinking ahead with that neighboring country club! lol

May your adventure be grand and rewarding! A chef who ponders, searching for more... should make for quite the entertainment! lol ;)

P.S.
You'll have to share the recipes & tips you learn at culinary school.

leftymac said:

Yay another guy!

ShelbyMichalek said:
Keith? Why does your mood say Bitchy and then you write such a wonderful welcome message to him?? :grumpy:

Because, Gracie, Keith is both bitchy AND gracious. That's what makes him the special guy we all feel that he is.

Welcome, and best wishes on your new business.

ShelbyMichalek said:

Because the bitchy mood listed on here is the best one, and I found it like a year ago and never changed it. :)

Oh, and Mattheous..here's a little tip that has really helped me to get some outside orders and to book some shows that I never would have gotten originally (and my first recruit!!). I'm not sure if you're thinking this far ahead yet, but I carry my textbooks to my classes in a PC bag with a catalog in the front. Not only have I had people ask me for catalogs, but I had one woman just flat out say, "Oh, Pampered Chef, I want to have a party!" It's amazing how business will just come your way when you advertise a little!

One night I had my bag with me and went straight from class to a meeting for my sorority. One of my sisters asked to look at my catalog and then told me that she wants to start selling, too. I was in shock, but totally excited. She just closed an $800 show the other night.

So, moral of this story is don't be afraid to wear/carry things with the PC logo. Merrill has some great stuff. :)

Thanks for the grand welcome, everyone! Sorry about the wait--my Grandparents had friends over for the past few days and we were busying listening to Tomas Lehrer records and The Kennedy's--I'm so excited! And that's a great idea, to carry a bag with me! After I get my degree in Philosophy I'm going to go to Culinary School--not sure if I can be a 'real' Chef due to my leg problems (lots of stress fractures--thanks, Cystinosis...), but I blog about it.

1. Can I work my way through culinary school while also paying for my college education?

Yes, it is possible to combine your love for cooking with your college education. Pampered Chef offers a variety of opportunities and resources to help you achieve your goals. Our flexible work schedule allows you to work as much or as little as you need to cover your expenses while attending culinary school.

2. How can Pampered Chef help me with my education and cooking aspirations?

Pampered Chef offers a unique opportunity to not only earn income but also gain valuable skills and experience in the culinary field. Our company provides training, support, and mentorship to help you develop your cooking skills and build a successful business. You can also earn rewards and incentives to help with your education expenses.

3. Will working for Pampered Chef be as fun as I think it will be?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef is a community of enthusiastic and passionate individuals who share a love for cooking and helping others. You will have the opportunity to meet new people, attend cooking events, and have fun while building your business and pursuing your dreams.

4. What kind of skills and experience can I gain from working for Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a comprehensive training program that covers not only cooking skills but also business and marketing strategies. You will learn how to plan and host cooking shows, develop relationships with customers, and manage your own business. These skills are valuable for any career path you choose.

5. How can I make the most out of my meeting with a Pampered Chef recruiter?

Come prepared with questions and be open to learning about the opportunities and resources Pampered Chef can offer. Be honest about your goals and interests, and ask how Pampered Chef can help you achieve them. Our recruiters are passionate about helping individuals like you succeed and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa Frederick
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tammie Allen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Hagen